Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What is the best sabers clan of ALL TIME?

Page 8 / 13
(@tybalt)
Eminent Member

ya yack we dueled a few times. but usually we played teams eather together or against one another if i recall. you were pretty good but i think i had ya more often then not. 🙂 its cool tho dude. dont be upset. i kicked alot of peoples ass. haha but trust me i got mine handed to me plenty. thats how i learned

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2006 6:05 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

KRT as in PC Magazine? wow.. dat is pretty sweet.
yup defining the term best clan., is so vague. Anyhow .. Prince ... does
record itself as the longest lasting JK clan.. its documented history..
even tho we were a Demo only JK Clan starting june 1997..until early 1999.. Demo was dieing out fast at that point.

ya tyb... I can't even recall the last time we dueled.. I probally beat u down when you were a newbie.. then u prob got a lot better and then we were prob evenly matched.. . i cant recall at all haha its funny..
and I know I played lyr in my history.. but I really can't recall any games at all going against him.. as well as sacred.. dang I can't recall many games at all. haha :).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2006 9:28 am
(@de_jedi316)
Eminent Member

So Yack did u beat up on me at all.
Cause I never remember playing u ever, but if u lived in Nar, then that would explain it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2006 5:56 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

haha maybe once for ladder back in the day..
I did somehow get into the top 20 by the end of 1999...
so I had to beat some fairly decent people for the time.

Anyhow, my mind is as good as yours jedi.. 🙂 I know ive seen ur name before though.. as well as HecRol's and the rest you all old DE's.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2006 6:00 pm
(@zodiac_vds)
Eminent Member

Had a great laugh while reading this thread. 😀 I myself started in ?? with this 56K modem and phone bills going up to galactic levels. I'm considered to be new-school, since I joined VDS in late 2000 / start of 2001.

I did meet old schoolers though, too bad only very few ever wanted to play me, so I have no idea how good I should rank their skills. I do think Eng has a great point in how the game itself started to behave in a different way with the increase in broadband users and the way that it affected JK's netcode. 😯

Hex also had a good point that experience resulted in better overall players. In the end, a NF gayberist had to master every style there was to still stand out, since just 'one' style wasn't sufficient to always win. Every decent "newschooler" developed new nf saberstyles. Well, at least I did, since I noticed that switching styles in the midst of a saber game could prove to be the best move.

Pretty logical though, since one person is more easily beaten by a more defensive style, and the other opponent has a different weakness. You learn and develop different styles through experience. The longer you play, and if you are any good, you can master one style and then proceed to mastering the next one. 8)

Those who were great with a bad pc/56K modem and who actually experienced the transition to good pc/broadband, have had the opportunity to master the best of both worlds and are in potential a lot better than those really old 'old schoolers' who only experienced the modem age. It wasn't that surprising that none of the old schoolers ever made a good comeback. (ISDN is not broadband btw.)

NOW.. if you win, you have fun. Simple as that. Everyone likes to win, otherwise you're a complete loser. 😉 I can not imagine that no old schooler never felt the urge to come back and 'have fun' again. And with this in mind.. which old school nf gayberist actually made a succesful comeback after a break that made him/her miss the transition? 😕

Some people say 'they simply stopped caring', but it could also be "they did reach their old levels, but they couldn't compete with the other players that had more experience and thus mastered more styles of 'how to kill your opponent in BGJ NF Sabers'".

==============================================

I think VDS did get a bit easier to get into during the last few months, since most players were inactive and simply said:"if he beats you, he gets my vote". That's the reason some people who tried out (like Kud) got a lot of VDS votes, not that they ever really did play/beat all of the members. Kud never beat Ox though. Nor me. I don't think he ever played Paddy either.

===============================================

But anyways.. i'm spending way too much time on this. How've you all been?? And it was to this day that I noticed this forum! tsssk, talking about me behind my back! 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2006 3:19 pm
(@zodiac_vds)
Eminent Member

Cr*P! I make all this effort to insert idiotic smilies.. and they're turned off. :s

Even zone has smilies nowadays!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2006 3:21 pm
(@vds-padawan)
Eminent Member

Cr*P! I make all this effort to insert idiotic smilies.. and they're turned off. :s

Even zone has smilies nowadays!

ah ha! got ya!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2006 9:37 pm
(@vds-padawan)
Eminent Member

I think VDS did get a bit easier to get into during the last few months, since most players were inactive and simply said:"if he beats you, he gets my vote". That's the reason some people who tried out (like Kud) got a lot of VDS votes, not that they ever really did play/beat all of the members. Kud never beat Ox though. Nor me. I don't think he ever played Paddy either.

Indeed, and as for kud, as good as i remember you were the first he actually played throughout his tryout, and as he didnt manage to do much against you, it all stopped there. I didnt play him for that, i had retired for the beaches of hawaii by then, hangin out with lyr! unveiling some of my dreams here!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2006 9:53 pm
(@messiah_syk)

ah don't care who the best clan was im just interested in male-male relations! hehe lets all stop the hating and start loving! i love u all forum!

j/k but seriously guys u were all good lets not get all het up about this shite topic! lets make gayness be cool and fun and make hay with each other!!!

or alternatively, we can all meet up at my house and start a massive ruck! i nominate Wodz to be ref so there'll be no switching sides! (j/k mate i love u, no for real, not just friend-love but full on i wanna wax ur ass hair love mate!)

*waves*

hi to anyone who has missed me!!! hope everyone's cool in rl!

Ben

dont be a gimp ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2006 2:05 am
 PuN
(@pun)
Eminent Member

Well that pretty much confirms my suspicions. I tried out for VDS when it was nothing but the cream of the crop. Towards the end it was gettin pretty ridiculous, I can say with confidence that taking out half the roster wouldnt have been very hard. Thats when i was kickin royal ass with the END tag, for those of you who were around then, I was too stubborn to ever go back and try out again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2006 5:11 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

ya i think I alliased with that _END tag.. because JK was coming to an END .. haha.. I cant remember what my allias was.? anyone have any ideas?,.who was in charge of END btw.

I like your statement Zod.
hehe yup i was one of those people who got to experience both worlds old school and new school on 56 K. .. There isn't one old schooler that I can remember giving me too hard of a time after facing and adjusting to the new school style. Now I have DSL and a lightning fast computer.. and I'm definately not the same as I used to be,. but i'm not half bad still :). I can give any new schooler a good game anyday.

Judgementday, Morthe_Hap , Tybalt, Lyricist, Bartolo were all old schooler to new schooler type players in my mind that did a decent job of adjusting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2006 5:32 pm
 PuN
(@pun)
Eminent Member

Me, hexen, and zerocool started END. i really dont remember all the members we had but it stayed pretty small and elite. i know eclipse and gigas was with us for a while.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2006 8:12 am
(@novacaine)
Estimable Member

Clumsy and I were in END for alittle bit after I left VDS if I remember.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2006 12:36 pm
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

Hehe of course you were nova, you've been everywhere

Does clumsy still play, i liked playing him

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2006 3:40 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

hehe ya zerocool was one of the founders..dats sweet.
No wonder why I alliased or sorta joined it for awhile because
I knew Zerocool in real life and he probably pleaded with me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2006 4:04 am
Page 8 / 13
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback