Share:
Notifications
Clear all

back to JK. are the servers working?

Page 2 / 2
(@hooyerdillingham)
Eminent Member

Server is momentarily down for updates. Back up in 30 minutes or so

Thank you God for giving me all of these Star Wars friends. May the Force be with us all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2007 2:33 pm
(@hooyerdillingham)
Eminent Member

Server back up and tested. Hoo

Thank you God for giving me all of these Star Wars friends. May the Force be with us all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2007 3:09 pm
(@xenox)
Eminent Member

Hey Tricky

I was DLS_SaberRage, fire me a message on MSN sometime.
[email protected]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2007 9:11 pm
(@haroldsteinmetz)

It is now August... is this server (jkdf2.game-host.org) still up?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2007 8:19 am
 Echo
(@echo)
Eminent Member

guess not duh. havent seen anyone there since the server has opened.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 RETURNED!! YAY and i am with it!

~Also known as
Myc
Nas
in Jedi Knight Jedi Academy~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2007 12:15 am
(@hooyerdillingham)
Eminent Member

Heck yeah this server is still up on its own dedicated broadband connection. I just played a rather new guy today. i don't believe my deal with the cable company runs out until around April or May 2008. So yes jkdf2.game-host.org will be running games until then at the minimum. Then maybe I can negotiate another deal. I can't see leaving this game, I'm a lifer. This aint no mambi pambi server that goes off/on all the time. It's on battery backup and reliable connection. It's probably been over a month since i restarted the rotate game that its been cycling. May switch over to another PC to run the games but there will always be something running. Actually the server can host 2 games at once. Make a request and i will try to get it going. I have many add on levels but I would like to stick with the more popular levels so people don't have to go hunting for rare stuff. PLay it up my friends that's what it's here for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2007 3:48 pm
(@arenex)

Is this 24/7?

I'd guess why wouldn't it be, but the problem is I've tried it for couple of days, and it still says "(Searching...)", and for quite a while. Any idea?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2007 4:01 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

yeah... it's 24/7
are you behing a router? 'cause if you are you have to do a little port forward. in that case, check this out to see how: http://www.jkhub.net/library/index.php/ ... ter_for_JK

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2007 11:00 am
(@hooyerdillingham)
Eminent Member

the port range is 2300-2400 that you must forward to your game computer. Or just DMZ your game computer. Don't worry about 47624 unless you plan on hosting games. Only the host needs to forward port 47624. The server is 24/7 but there will be snages now and then. Like in the last couple days there was a storm that killed power for an hour. The battery system held the game for around 45 minutes then gave in. So yes the games were down for around 15 minutes until the power came back up. It can't be perfect but I'm sure if you play out all the minutes in a year the server is probably up somewhere around 99% of the time.

Game server for IP address in game use: jkdf2.game-host.org

Happy JKing.

Hooyer

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2007 2:07 pm
(@arenex)

Thanks for help,

This still doesn't work for me though, 2300-2400 on both TCP/UDP are enabled, as well as 47624. Tried the DMZ, still nothing. Pinging jkdf2.game-host.org doesn't work either. You sure it's working at this time? πŸ™‚

Maybe you know the actual ip in digits?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2007 2:12 pm
(@rickbb)

it doesn't work for me either...
never did actually...

JK, my first and infinite
online game

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2007 4:03 pm
(@hooyerdillingham)
Eminent Member

Are you guys on crank? LOL.

I test join the server almost everyday from a seperate DSL connection and play now and then. It's up now, it has been up. Of course I never moved y JK system from windows 98. I'm not sure of any issues with XP or whatever. Does anyone play this game on XP? Any issues that need to be dealt with? I'm taking stabs at what your problems may be but rest assured the server is up and running quite nicely. The network is set to ignore pings for obvious reasons. The server current IP is: 71.81.245.44 and has been for a couple months. I always use jkdf2.game-host.org just in case the IP were to change.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2007 3:55 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ