Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How To Connect to the Server

(@granitewhite)

Hey Everyone, I've configured my router and firewall (according to all I could find on Lucasarts, Jediknight.net, Massassi, etc.) to play JK online, but It never seems to get past the "Searching" phase when I put in any of the Dedicated Server redirects into the IP box...

Maybe I'm not waiting long enough? Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong?

Is anyone else havin the same problem? I can't ever see the server!

-Granitewhite

All life is to be lived for God, for all Blessings are From God... therefore, Praise God in all you do, especially your Recreation!

Topic starter Posted : 09/06/2007 3:13 pm
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

I'm sorry. Pages on the site are not nessecarily accurate and up to date. The ONLY WORKING REDIRECT is jkdf2.game-host.org - hope this helps.

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2007 2:36 pm
(@hooyerdillingham)
Eminent Member

ports 2300-2400 are open and directed to your game PC?
I open those ports for TCP and UDP packets.
I'm pretty sure the 47624 port is only required for hosting a game (the server), in addition to 2300-2400

A good test to see if it is your router is to DMZ your gaming computer, the one you want to play JK on. That means get the local IP address (dished out by the router) of your game computer and enter that IP as the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) IP. You will temporarily lower your security but it is a good test because all the ports will be exposed for the computer, you wont have to worry about port forwarding. Some people just keep their gaming computer this way. Others use DMZ when they play and turn DMZ off when not playing.

The server is up and running. I'm in there right now.

current IP is 71.81.245.44 or just use jkdf2.game-host.org and that will always work regardless of the IP changes.

Thank you God for giving me all of these Star Wars friends. May the Force be with us all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2007 2:54 pm
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback