Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Top 5 (or 10) all-around JK players of "all time?"

Page 2 / 26
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

(Flaming on).. hehe.. depending on the saber tournament and who played in it,.. a lot of people are capable of winning saber tournaments especially in 2001 and 2002 days of JK when.., a lot of elite people played sporadically. Many people can be mediocre saberists, but to be a really good to elite saberist it takes a lot of work and focus. Its always possible for a non-elite saberist to beat an elite saberist on occasion, but that doesn't prove they are elite.. It proves they had a really good game, or that the elite had a really bad game.. Or one had a slightly better game than normal and one had a slightly worse game than normal .

i really forgot what point I was trying to make here.. but ya
we are speaking overall and for a FF saberist to beat an "Elite" nf saberist that is pretty impressive in and of itself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2006 3:42 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

(Flaming on).. hehe.. depending on the saber tournament and who played in it,.. a lot of people are capable of winning saber tournaments especially in 2001 and 2002 days of JK when.., a lot of elite people played sporadically. Many people can be mediocre saberists, but to be a really good to elite saberist it takes a lot of work and focus. Its always possible for a non-elite saberist to beat an elite saberist on occasion, but that doesn't prove they are elite.. It proves they had a really good game, or that the elite had a really bad game.. Or one had a slightly better game than normal and one had a slightly worse game than normal .

i really forgot what point I was trying to make here.. but ya
we are speaking overall and for a FF saberist to beat an "Elite" nf saberist that is pretty impressive in and of itself.

It's completely opposite in Full Force. Kind of funny, when you lose in Full Force, it's not looked as a fluke or a "bad game". I don't buy having a "bad game" thing, only if you're rusty and are trying to come back.

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2006 10:37 pm
(@subzero)
Reputable Member

hmm i dunno about that reiko, someone can lose 10-4 to another guy in bgj ff for example, and I would consider that to be a pretty close game. I dont think it would necessarily mean the guy who lost is a newbie either. Take into account self kills etc not just score, and the fact that ff is pretty fast paced and you can race ahead in score alot quicker than in nf. oh well i dunno you played it more than i did so ill just shut up. Im just going off of what people like jeb, darkstrike, crazy, shinji etc have said in the past.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2006 1:08 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

Well it depends on the map as well. Like FF BGJ usually goes to 20, not to 10. Plus FF'ers had big egos, well the ones I played (Jeb, Frost, Luke18 etc) so even if they beat you by like 4, they'll still call you a newbie and say you got raped. In FF Oasis, it usually went to 10 because it took a while to get to 10. In Oasis, you have the priveldge to 'load up' with all the bacta and shields you need including ammo and all the guns. So it kind of takes a while (if you're playing someone as good as you).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2006 3:51 pm
(@clumsy_ap)
Eminent Member

in no particular order:
nf guns: Majestar, MMx, TaX_Ricochet
ff: DarkJester, Narz, Rain
ctf: Kritikal, Mormegil
nf sabs: i've played way to many great saberist to narrow it down to 5 so off the top of my head:
Attack, Bartolo, Deathdekon, Deathbolt, FreezeFire, Frozen, Genesis, JudgmentDay, Legacy, MajiC, Mastersage, Metalice, Novacaine, Orgazmo, Periander, Pun, Prexus, Reedemer, Saint, Sculpt, Subzero, Tybalt, Vigilante, Zerocool

and those were just a few of the guys that I knew and played with abit at one point or another, there's no doubt that there were alot of really good players I never got a chance to play. Since nf sabers was the most widely played and arguably the easiest setting, it's understandable that there would be alot of really good players over the course of the years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2006 6:44 pm
(@shinji)
Estimable Member

interesting theories guys. hooyerd wasnt the best at bespin ff LOL. and i'd have to disagree with you about fluke games reiko. if youre off by just a bit in ff, maybe too f'ed up for example, the game could get real ugly fast. or if you go lighty or with protection without telling people before the game...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/04/2006 6:22 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

interesting theories guys. hooyerd wasnt the best at bespin ff LOL. and i'd have to disagree with you about fluke games reiko. if youre off by just a bit in ff, maybe too f'ed up for example, the game could get real ugly fast. or if you go lighty or with protection without telling people before the game...

Even if you're off your game in FF, a mediocre FF player won't beat a elite FF'er cuz the skill gap is different, but I'll change my mind and agree that 10-4 in FF BGJ is a close game. And I agree that if you have an "off game" that you can be beaten by someone who is as good as you, but not by a mediocre FF player.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2006 8:55 pm
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

Yeah, FF BGJ would be a lot different than Oasis though, simply because it's faster and easier to kill people at BGJ.

I think it's possible to lose 10-0 to somebody at FF Oasis and just be slightly lower in skill to them. All it takes is somebody to be a little better at item timing, movement, aim, etc, and they dominate.

A score of 10-0 at BGJ definitely indicates a huge gap in the skill level of the two players though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2006 11:18 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

Clumsy:
nf sabs: i've played way to many great saberist to narrow it down to 5 so off the top of my head:
Attack, Bartolo, Deathdekon, Deathbolt, FreezeFire, Frozen, Genesis, JudgmentDay, Legacy, MajiC, Mastersage, Metalice, Novacaine, Orgazmo, Periander, Pun, Prexus, Reedemer, Saint, Sculpt, Subzero, Tybalt, Vigilante, Zerocool

Forgot me clumsy buddy,. of course you didn't ever play me much, but h alf those guys you named I used to beat in my sleep,.. and was around when they were newbies laughing at them while I beat them 5 to 0 / helped train them to what they became. πŸ™‚ . of course you also let a lot of other amazing saberists off the list like HeXen or Vanion or old schoolers like Lonestar, ya to compile a thorough list would be difficult,. if not impossible..

Anyhow, no more bragging from me, i got my title, i'm no longer a Junior Member here hehe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2006 12:42 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

Clumsy:

Forgot me clumsy buddy,. of course you didn't ever play me much, but h alf those guys you named I used to beat in my sleep,.. and was around when they were newbies laughing at them while I beat them 5 to 0 / helped train them to what they became. πŸ™‚ . of course you also let a lot of other amazing saberists off the list like HeXen or Vanion or old schoolers like Lonestar, ya to compile a thorough list would be difficult,. if not impossible..

Anyhow, no more bragging from me, i got my title, i'm no longer a Junior Member here hehe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2006 12:42 pm
(@newbish)

Top 5

Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
and Dylan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2006 7:49 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

because he spits hot fire

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2006 7:54 pm
(@newbish)

your to close man

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2006 4:41 am
(@nvidia)

Don't forget me! lnViDial, WielD_nViDia, Prince_nViDia, Jamaica_I, I owned many great saberists at nf in my day! Not to mention people hated me too! lol I remember when I stole the VDS pw .. it was Beaver and I got it cause I have the Saint_VDS name.. well thats just a refresher and im still great at JK.. Now I play AoE & Jedi Academy.. I was ok at guns nf, but i sucked at ff in any settings.. Never really liked it much! Well talk to ya all later!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2006 12:14 pm
(@clumsy_ap)
Eminent Member

Yea, it really is impossible to name everyone. Most of the guys I listed used to tear me up in 98 when I started playing ladder. I never really played you, van, or lonestarr enough to have an opinion, but I always heard y'all were real good and I don't doubt it. I'm pretty sure I generally avoided playing Prince players that I didn't know because I'd had some negative experiences with quite a number them. Most of which were either aliases, whom of course you could rarely trust, or young, immature players with something to prove and thus more prone to feel the need to cheat to win. I guess I tended to stereotype the tag although I was friends with Deetrix, Cable, and a number of other guys I'd known prior.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2006 6:44 pm
Page 2 / 26
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ