Share:
Notifications
Clear all

JK's life and JK Legends integrally entwined?

(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

It seems like I always had a good ability to keep a good number of people active playing JK.. when I disappeared so did half the community except the true die hards.. I reappeared around December this year,. and I brought back with me a good many people, but of course I didn't stick around, so I'm thinkin people have been disappearin again too.. or at least becoming once again very infrequent in playing JK.

JK being integrally entwined with my activeness is probably not completely the truth. For instance, JK was falling off the face of the map with or without me in 2001 and 2002, even though I infrequently played JK in 2002 because at that point it seemed hopeless and pointless for me to stay involved. Anyhow, I still think that if you are a fairly decently known name in JK's history; you do carry a lot of weight, and your activeness in the JK scene can spur dozens of former JK players to become active again, whether you remember having little connection to them or not.

However, of course one big name can't do it on their own. We are all in a way integrally tied to the life and continual existence of JK. When one strand breaks, so does many more.

Anyhow πŸ™‚ Point of this long tirade is that I don't want to do my homework for a few minutes. Secondly, I'll be home Friday and Saturday and probably will be wanting to play some games, so I hope some people will be on to offer a decent challenge.

Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2006 6:17 am
(@vds_klavier_vds)
Trusted Member

okay I didn't read all that YAck... but yea we are all intertwined in a really interesting way... our survive depends on each other (I think this is what you were saying)...

I know I'm never gonna stop playing JK... at least you'll have me to play once in awhile YAck. You and I can go on forever into the next century playing JK on kickass computers...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2006 12:21 am
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

I feel exactly the same way, although for me (and my friends) it's SBX. Funny how reg JK and SBX JK are two totally different worlds, each with their own unique series of gameplay types and each with their own unique 'legendary players'. πŸ™‚

Maybe this is me just being stuck up and close-minded, but isn't sbx just a mod? Spork is probably the most popular mod in JK history, and it was just a small part of the game. Seems kind of blasphemous to me to compare some mod to 'reg JK'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2006 3:39 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

hehe yup Klav πŸ™‚ you got my idea.
I continued playing JK for the longest time because Prince_Karbon continued playing JK for the longest time. (demo 1997 till prob early 2001) we played every setting imaginable. .. then after he disappeared it was Prince_Ennudo. We were both equal competition for each other so it was good fun. It was often the case, Karbon would only stay on as long as I'd stay on, when I would log off so would he. I began to find a need to play him just to keep him on lol. Then Prince picked up more and more members,.. and the same idea was spread to them. And thus I continued playing JK much past my real interest in the game. It was more of an interest in the competition.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/04/2006 2:20 pm
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ