Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Top 5 (or 10) all-around JK players of "all time?"

Page 1 / 26
(@shinji)
Estimable Member

Who do you think were the 10 best Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II players of all time? And why? Tons of dudes have gone down in history for being good at one map with one force level, but there's only a few that stick out in my mind at being great at everything. The list was actually hard for me to complete since I can only remember about 6 or 7 of my zone names and aliases :b

REMEMBER: if they sucked at NF sabers, they shouldn't count. if they blow at CTF, they aren't the best. I'm talking about dudes that can play any map, force setting, or bizzare mod with confidence. Guys that could play with both darky and lighty, and play against them. Extra points should be awarded to players that played with their own style and strategy.

Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2006 7:33 pm
(@cibril)

That is realy hard to say .. Nice topic for a poll tho πŸ˜€ ...
for FF

Aeron Marez Reiko Shinji Nato Spanker Asskicker Narz

those just came in my mind for now

good to see u shinji

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2006 8:26 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

hmm that is really tough,. i never knew anyone that played Everything exceptionally well. Haha I knew how to play everything in JK.. and for awhile I did,. I never got amazingly good at anything other than sabers tho πŸ™‚

hm.. id like to nominate Prince_Blight haha no one knows him but he could play anything ., at a near elite level.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2006 10:39 am
(@vds_klavier_vds)
Trusted Member

no one was great at all... or at least to SUPERSTAR status in all...

the well known jk players always found glory through ONE area and once in awhile you find these guys playing up to a decent level in the other area... but never really TOPS in everything.

There are number of people who were able to do everything on a "good" level. But great in all? That's hard... JK was a competitive game during its day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2006 12:15 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

I'll own any of you at NF Sabz anyday. Bring it on! 8o)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2006 2:19 am
(@novacaine)
Estimable Member

Out of all of those names whoever listed.None of them were any good at nf sabs.So they wouldn't count as being "elite" at all the settings =)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2006 4:13 am
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

Best all-around players? Well, I'm not as old school as some, but I played with the best in 2002-2003 and I never met an 'old school' elite that overly impressed me. So, in no particular order...

Lisa (aka Phoenix_MDS) - Best setting FF BGJ, also great at all other settings. (Beat Vanion to win a NF BGJ tournament)

Spanker (granted, I don't know any good players who thinks he doesn't hack, but I've played him probably more than anybody, and even if he does hack he's still amazing at this game) - great at FF O, NF JI, and FF BGJ. Of course...no NF BGJ.

ok I'm tired of typing up full descriptions...

Aeron, Reiko, Desperadoz, Narz, Rain, oh, and me =)

There are numerous other people that I've played that are great at 1 or 2 settings, but not many that I know good at more than 2.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2006 3:52 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

bah, I was hoping to see my name out there a bit more. Thanks for the consideration Punk =)

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2006 12:14 am
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

My top 10 of great at every setting or closer than anyone else is:
Legacy_QuEsT (great at ctf, nf bgj, nf guns, and ff bgj with his gay protection on)
WD_NiGhTMaReZ (great at ff bgj, ff oasis, ctf, and ok at nf bgj)
JaG_AssKicker (great at ctf, ff guns, nf guns, and pretty good at ff bgj)
DSbr_AeRoN (great at ctf, ff guns, nf guns, and ff bgj)
WD_Luke18 (great at ff bgj, good at ff oasis, nf bgj)

I only gave my top 5 cuz it's really hard to think of 10. There are most likely more and I apologize if I didn't mention anyone else, these 5 just stick out to me. I left myself out because I thought it would be dumb to include myself on my own list.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2006 8:18 am
 Mask
(@mask)
Trusted Member

what the fuck, merlin was newbie in every setting

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2006 9:20 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

yawn i smell a dead fish,. merlin haxxed anyhow πŸ˜›
haha.. and if you call merlin good at FF BGJ with his protection.. that makes me laugh. It's almost saying I'm pretty elite at FF BGJ being a lighty and getting lucky and randomly hitting you occasionally with my saber, enough to make you self-kill and frustrated. haha which is sad that I can do to most medium skilled FF BGJ players. (or well could, havent touched FF BGJ seriously in a long while)

FF Oasis i get raped as a lighty though,. because of the water more than anything.. If the light surge was in a convenient .. non trap yourself spot,.. and the level was more closed,.. I'd be really decent at FF.
(I.E. my claim to be the best FF Bespin player πŸ™‚ )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2006 2:12 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

haha.. and if you call merlin good at FF BGJ with his protection.. that makes me laugh. It's almost saying I'm pretty elite at FF BGJ being a lighty and getting lucky and randomly hitting you occasionally with my saber, enough to make you self-kill and frustrated. haha which is sad that I can do to most medium skilled FF BGJ players. (or well could, havent touched FF BGJ seriously in a long while)

FF Oasis i get raped as a lighty though,. because of the water more than anything.. If the light surge was in a convenient .. non trap yourself spot,.. and the level was more closed,.. I'd be really decent at FF.

I actually neg the people who use protection by knocking them off the cliffs, but he would make it long by staying on main. He was smarter than most.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2006 6:26 pm
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

Honestly, I don't know many people who play FF outside of BGJ and Oasis. The only one that comes to mind is HooyerD. If you want to claim to be the best FF Bespin player you'd have to prove yourself by beating him =) He's on the zone like 24/7 if you want to play him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2006 1:43 am
 PuN
(@pun)
Eminent Member

yeah phoenix was pretty good all around but if she beat vanion in a BGJ NF tournament it was clearly a fluke. all she did was jerk in main

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2006 11:31 am
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

I'm not saying Lisa was an elite NF BGJ player, or that she was better than vanion.

But we're talking about best overall players. If somebody is known as a FF player and wins a nf bgj tourny that's pretty impressive.

Well...ok it's not that impressive, it's just nf bgj after all =P

*Waits to be flamed by the saberists*

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2006 1:59 pm
Page 1 / 26
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ