Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Top 5 (or 10) all-around JK players of "all time?"

Page 14 / 26
(@nkm_thc)
Eminent Member

not all ffers had good aim in nf actually. It was more like the other way around. There were exceptions but usually it was NFers converting to FF and they'd bring their elite aim with them. They would just suck at everything else lol. I used to play JK in 97 on IRC and migrated to the zone in 98 but whatever. When I came back to the game later on I ended up getting in to NF Guns instead of FF with US when Dragonfire started it up for classic JK, and when I migrated back to FF I was a way better player with much, much better aim. So from my own experiences, NF Guns is what provided the leet aim. Some FFers are exceptions like Aeron but I mean, fuck dude that's Aeron. He's the best FF Gunner JK ever had, in my opinion.

I know JaG had AssKicker and Reiko and Budman but Budman actually wasn't that good at all. He gained some notoriety with AssKicker in 2v2's because he put on Force Protection and they beat a couple of really good FF teams, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly a fluke. Budman never beat anyone decent 1v1, and in 2v2, Rampage and I teamed up (him light me dark) and we kicked their ass pretty hard, so I don't think so. I've never played JaG_Fleury in FF but seriously, Budman was not an elite FF Gunner. I just don't see JaG as a FF Clan mang. AssKicker to me = DSbr, and Reiko to me = WD.

Yeah I never really played Aeron much in NF so I can't say. I know DSbr recruited NF Gunners later on, some of the best infact, but it was pretty late in the JK scene and I just don't see it as being really fair to say they were a NF Guns clan. That's like saying dP was a Clan to be mentioned, when in reality it was just former WD'ers and some newschool players (for the most part).

As for the WD migrating to a "better" clan like DSbr I would disagree. ViPRaVeN was already really good when he went to DSbr. He left when WD_Rage retired from the game, which spelled the end of WD as I knew it. There was also WD_Death, Nightmarez (even though I swear to this day that he used hacks lol), and a few other people.

I will admit that DSbr had the most talent and was the better clan overall, but WD definitely deserves mention in any top list of FF Clans.

As for Wodz's list, again, I don't think he really knows much about FF besides the campfire tales because a lot of people he listed were not elite in FF Guns. They weren't even great in FF Guns.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2009 12:16 am
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Quoting tHc -
"The same thing can be said of a Clan like JaG. Did they really have FF'ers? AssKicker joined later, as did Reiko, but that's all that I can remember. That just doesn't a FF Clan Make, nor a NF clan. You've got to seperate FF and NF. DSbr just wasn't a NF Guns clan, and JaG just wasn't a FF Guns Clan."

It is silly to say that DSbr did not have great NF gunners. It is even sillier to say JaG did not have good FF gunners.

6/13/98 - JAG Knight and MisterICE won the Guns FF Silver against IRN.. pretty sharp for a non Guns FF clan..JaG has some gold medals in NF guns of course

And then to Shinji who was ripping on MacLeod;

8/22/98 - IRN_MacLeod wins GOLD Guns FF teams with Exedore
8/23/98 - IRN_MacLeod wins GOLD Guns NF teams with RHK (beating JaG MidK, Budman)
8/30/98 - IRN_MacLeod wins GOLD Guns NF 1v1 against DH JohnnyB
10/10/98 - IRN_MacLeod wins GOLD Sabers NF teams for IRN against JCS
10/11/98 - IRN_MacLeod wins GOLD Guns NF teams for IRN against Ji

The guy destroyed everyone in Guns NF and FF, the was very formidable in Sabers NF and FF. No one in KRT really ever played CTF..so I can't comment there. Mata Leao was better than MacLeod in Guns FF, that is for certain. MacLeod was better than Mata in Guns NF and Sabers NF.

I really dont think Shinji and tHc can post on this topic without even being part of the entire past of JK. Genetix has more right to touch on this subject than either of you, even if he is a fag. Talking about players coming back to JK years later when the timing is different and them not giving a shit and losing a match is hardly a fair judgment

And I disagree with TruChaos about why not just post the CWT Ladder and IGZ Ladder top 20 as the best of all time. Mata and Mac almost never touched ladders and Mata didnt give two shits about CWT tournaments. Many big players didnt bother with ladders..especially FF players.

Your replies might as well be about World War II.. if you were not there, how can you comment on this topic...Genetix, Gordarkarn and possibly Choda are the only other active posters who can speak on this topic..and they all act like fags and flip off JK history.. yet they keep posting.

End it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2009 10:21 am
(@Anonymous)

Chronos... on a scale 1 thru 10. How old is your current girlfriend?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2009 12:59 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

So just because gen was playing back then gives him more say about who was good at FF even though he didn't even play it? That's stupid logic. It's stupid making excuses about people who would come back for 1+ month and still get their asses kicked by the new players. JK is not a sport, it's a fucking game. If you play for a month and still suck, that pretty much says it all. It's unfair to say "old school > new school" just because there were 'more players'. Some players didn't have great computers. I played on a shitty pc and got 5 fps in a FF game. Once I upgraded I started beating players who before I could barely manage a kill.

The reason why people thought WD was a mediocre clan was because DSBr would just talk shit and WD wouldn't and people would obviously believed them. The only person who would be allowed to say shit would be Luke18 or NightMarez. Sithlord, AssKicker, Aeron, JZA vs Luke18, Death, Gambit, ViPRaven; the top DSbr players vs the top WD players comes to a draw. I'm not being bias, I know it comes to a draw because I would play with DSbr & WD members all the time. People who didn't even play FF shouldn't say shit about DSbr being better because they don't know shit. Shit even Luke18 was the person who trained Jeb and Crazy in FF Sabers, so to say they were mediocre is not right. Anyone who disagrees can suck Aeron's dick :wink:

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2009 5:05 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

DSbr never talked shit. they speak the true.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2009 12:27 pm
(@nkm_thc)
Eminent Member

I've been around in JK for a very long time. I used to play on a 100 mhz Pentium with 32 MBs of RAM and no 3d accelerator card. When I came back is when I started to get good. Reiko is totally correct with that statement.

Genetix knows absolutely nothing about FF. He does not play it, he never really has, and he is not good at it, at all, by any means. Period. End of story. He knows nothing except the campfire tales, the same as you, Wodz. I know more about JK skill than you ever will. It's just a fact because I was a pretty decent player. You weren't good at anything ever. At all. You have history and lists of awards and hearsay, but that's it dude. You don't know who was good or how big the skill gap was. How could you possibly know? You have no idea what you're doing in this game. You don't know how to play at all lol

I mean look at one of the CWT's in what year? 01? I think it was? Look up your records. I think Psyco teamed up with someone else and won a Silver in FF Guns 2v2 (or perhaps 1v1). Guess what? I didn't compete in that CWT and I kicked that guys ass up and down all over fuckin Canyon Oasis FF. It just doesn't tell you the whole story.

I used to play people back in the day on my shitty computer and I can promise you that no FF Gunner matched someone like DSbr_AeRoN. I know this because I got good at the game and he'd still rock shit. The mid generation of FF Gunners were way better than anyone in the early years. I don't give a shit what anybody says.

And some of the new new new schoolers weren't too shabby either. And yeah, that "they haven't played in forever is all" excuse for those oldschoolers IS a hung of bullshit because after a month, as Reiko said, you've either got it or you don't.

I mean yeah give it the first couple of weeks and a former elite player can get totally rocked. When Narz first came back to JK after a bit of a hiatus I kicked the shit out of him. He was in DSbr at this point. Not two weeks later he was kicking my ass.

I came back to JK on IRC and started playing for a couple weeks and AeRoN hopped on one day and he raped everyone, including me. It's just how it goes. Hell when I came back I played all these new schoolers in FF Guns like Spidey and Punk etc who were supposedly so great and I beat them, the first day I got back!

If I came back and played a lot for a month and still lost to them I think I'd concede the fact that they're flat-out better players. It's just how it is.

And I never said that DSbr didn't have great NF Gunners, I'm just saying they just weren't really known as a super leet NF Clan. Of course they had great NF Gunners. MaTT and GeNeTiX when they were in DSbr raped the shit out of everyone. I never said they didn't. =P

It's just that DSbr was a super top elite FF Clan, and that's just how it is dude. Nobody sees them as a NF Clan and they just weren't, even when they had NF Gunners. It was more like an extension of what already existed. And say what you want about JaG, they weren't a fucking FF Clan. I don't care what trophy you have to put before me. And I know IRN were an amazing FF Clan but guess what dude. JaG won the silver, not the Gold. Who won the Bronze that year, out of curiosity? And how did the match setups go? You can be in any tournament and get lucky with who you're matched against and make it to the end lol. I mean imagine a matchup of teams with AeRoN and Narz on one team at the beginning of a tournament, and SpAnKeR and NiGhTMaReZ on another. Say the first round those two teams get matched together. Okay. So Marez and Spanker are out first round. That doesn't mean they aren't better than whoever the hell was going to win the Silver or Bronze. That kind of shit happened all the time in JK lol

You seem upset because I informed you on some information that you were unaware of. Budman not being a good FFer - Reiko = WD, AssKicker = DSbr. Sorry, it's fact dude. I know they were JaG, but it was just WD and DSbr for those two individuals. No doubt DSbr had some great NF players and JaG had some great FF players, but that's not what those Clans were about and it's not what they were known for.

And Reiko is correct about WD. DSbr talked a lot of shit. A LOT. WD had way more mature people, for the most part. Look at WD_Death and Rage and ViPRaven, etc. And he's right about Luke18 training Jeb and co. too. He did. WD were up there with DSbr. There's the shit talk factor, and there's also the fact that WD would let mediocre players with potential in to the Clan. I got in when I was still on my 100 MHZ Pentium and the game would freeze for 5 seconds and then unfreeze with me slamming in to a wall and killing myself LOL those were the days

Anyway sorry Wodz but dude, you don't know jack shit about FF in JK. At all. So just give it a rest.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2009 4:35 am
(@Anonymous)

Can i get some cliffs notes?

For a big shot ff guns player I sure have never heard of you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2009 9:00 am
 g3nn
(@g3nn)
Eminent Member

So does Narz hack or not?

I just noticed the dest physics hack after repeated playings against those two. I'm pretty sure Narz used other hacks too. Whether or not he just used them when he was messing around for time to time, or kept them on all the time, I don't know. One game, Narz was cocky and demanded that Rampage and I do a 2v1 against him, so we did. I got the surge and super gripped the shit out of him. Ramp was gripping him at the same time. There was no way he could have survived, but he did. We both knew he was god toggling. It was hilarious more than anything else.

Anyway, if it's not evident by his useless walls of texts... he's NOT a "big shot FF gunner". He's just a fanboy who showed up every couple of weeks to get negged and then scurried back to his rathole to write in his JK journal. He was a nobody, he knew nobody, he accomplished nothing and he really has no business talking about anything JK, outside of how many times he got negged. That being said, he still knows slightly more than Wodz about FF.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2009 8:33 am
(@nkm_thc)
Eminent Member

For the game with Narz, Rampage was there too, you can ask him about it, it happened.

I spoke to Whitewitch about it later and she said he was a legit player and he just hacked against people he could beat anyways as it didnt matter. Theres probably some truth to that because WhiteWitch was a totally legit and pretty honest player, she told me about nikola_g hacking and newmodel so I trust her. But yeah, I know I used to do that to people I could beat in nf guns all the time. And I know you did it too. Everyone did at one point or another. Anyway I dont know for sure if Narz was totally legit or not, if I said otherwise earlier then you can scratch that, kay?

I dont care if you dont know of me I never claimed to be super z0mg DSbr_AeRoN elite but I know how good people were and where the skill gap lay. I'm just speaking from my own experiences. I dont know why you feel threatened by it lol

Nothing I said in my posts about DSbr and WD and JaG etc were untrue. I dont mean to snub DSbr's NF Gunning Division I was just trying to say that it was made up of people who were really well known from other, better NF Gun Clans from earlier days, and DSbr was known as a really good FF clan. People never really saw DSbr and went "omg nf guns clan leet", they always thought of Aeron, AssKicker, SithLord, JZA, Narz, etc for FF.

And yeah Shinji it's a shame about Rampage. He got really good but it was just a tad too late in the scene. He was beating Phoenix, Me, and AssKicker regularly at that point and was competing with aeron and narz. He started JK a little late is all. He got to be a really good player. We went toe to toe in ff guns a lot and when he started to get better than me that's when we teamed up against AssKicker and Budman in 2v2s and beat them. We were pretty proud of that shit lol. We used to play mercyman and darklord all the time too because they had that funny newbie style. God we teamed up against everyone. Some fun times in that game i miss it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2009 11:11 am
(@Anonymous)

you are a huge fag

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2009 6:01 pm
(@Anonymous)

shut the fuck up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2009 6:17 pm
 g3nn
(@g3nn)
Eminent Member

But yeah, I know I used to do that to people I could beat in nf guns all the time. And I know you did it too. Everyone did at one point or another.

lol at the hacking admission and assuming that your patheticness means that everyone did it.

99% of the top players never ever hacked and wouldn't even know what to do with a COG if someone gave them one because:

- they didnt need to... there were never more than 2-3 active people at the very top level at any given time
- they spent all of their JK time getting better... you dont spend 3 years becoming amazing only to say "fuck it" and load up a hack
- it's not in their nature... their mentality was to rape people; hacking someone to win with no spectators is just stupid and unsatisfying for them

It's subpar fanboys like YOU who hacked. For the exact reverse reasons:

- you needed to... because there are lots of people who you wished you could beat
- you didnt know how to get better... you spend like 6 years sucking consistently, so you turn to hacks
- it's in your nature... when you loiter around JK for years and never accomplish anything, it's pretty clear you're not a winner, you just desperately want to be worshipped like one

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 1:45 am
(@nkm_thc)
Eminent Member

*jizzes*

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 5:53 am
(@nejja_)

gen who are the best nf gunners you ever played?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 3:18 pm
(@Anonymous)

you are a huge fag

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 5:23 pm
Page 14 / 26
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback