(@r3dphoenix)
Trusted Member

Photoshop.

I am All Time Great.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2007 10:51 pm
(@nkm_thc)
Eminent Member

The only people who say CTF doesn't count as a setting or the ones who never bothered to learn CTF. They'd jump in to a CTF game and get lost, and say screw this, and then quit. Well, the only people who used to say that. I'm bored here and beating a dead horse by bumping this topic, but whatever. :/

The JK CTF community was awesome. I was lucky enough to get involved in it when a lot of good players were still around, even some old school CTFers would stop by from time to time. I remember laughing my ass off when I came back to JK briefly after a long hiatus, and seeing all these "new" and "awesome" CTFers who thought they were hot shit. They were all like mindless drones and carbon copies. They all had the exact same style. Nothing to call their own. In the late zone days onward to IRC. They all sucked.

This was true not just to CTF, but to NF Guns and FF Guns too. They all had the wannabe Spanker style of FF Guns, except that they didnt have his hacks, and they relied too much on the Dark Surge (they were all darkies). Like I guess I could say I played just like them in FF Guns with a conc dest spam style, but even without getting the Surge I could still survive and beat someone down by changing to a defensive style. I could even survive against a massive gun puller saberist like Rekio. All those new people couldn't do that at all. They didnt have the stuff that people like Aeron, Rekio, Shinji, etc had at their primes.

Even coming back to IRC after a long ass time, I remember, I was rusty as hell and I played Shinji, Spidey, and Punk, and beat all of them. Shinji just had a hella bad game and played like crap he used to kick a whole lot of ass. I don't know who Spidey was, but he couldn't handle the defensive darkie style that I had to put up (because I couldnt beat him to surge ever - i was hella rusty and he kicked my ass whenever I tried to get it, so I said screw the surge), and he lost because he thought controlling the surge was more important than controlling all the health packs and bacta. WLP_Punk I noticed got a lot better at JK than he used to be, so kudos to him for that, but I still managed to beat him by a measly one point too because he didnt know how to play defensively. he was so predictable in getting surge and then spamming and then getting surge and then spamming. It's a cool style if it works for you vs your opponent but if its not working for you and youre dieing you need to do something else. i also came on IRC and kicked everyones ass in NF guns too. Those new new new schoolers are a bunch of newbs. =P

Anyway, all around JKers?

Phoenix was a great all arounder in my opinion, although she couldnt play CTF. I still give the ho credit however

Nightmarez I would say I'd have to list. He sucked donkey balls at nf guns and he hacked in FF but nonetheless he gets honorable mention here

Logicbomb for sure deserves a place on the list. He was an all-arounder when not many people were, he was good at everything. Not sure if he CTFed, I didnt even CTF back then, or even play NF Guns I dont think

Shinji was a good all arounder at one point, for sure. He got really sucky and the new new new schoolers probably have no idea about him, but he was pretty pwn at one point. Dunno if he was ever great at nf guns though

I guess Aeron has a place here even though he wasnt good at nf guns at all and probably not CTF either. But he completely dominated FF Guns, hands down, period, and that deserves placement on the tHc list.

I cant believe Interloper put himself here. I remember when he claimed to be super leet and joined DSbr and i kicked his ass in ff guns 10 to 0. he was a faggot and a newb, i never liked him. And he couldnt even play NF guns to save his life, or CTF. he maybe learned nf guns on IRC when like there were 5 new new new schooler JKers left, but whatever, that means dick all. Loper is a newb

tHc gets put on tHc's own list. tHc was never a super leet FF Gunner, but he was good enough to beat Spanker and Narz and Rekio and marez at one point or another down the line, along with AssKicker and shit. But I mean, I wasn't good at JK at all back in the golden (In my opinion) WD vs DSbr days when Luke_16 was around, WD_Death, and all that shit. He was good FF Guns teammate, he pwned at nf guns 1v1 and 2v2 and ctf nf 2v2 (werd). thc sucked donkey balls at ff sabers and nf sabers though. thc couldnt beat anyone that was elite at those settings. he could rape all the newbs and intermediates, but he got raped by all the elites.

Rekio I dont know. I know he was a badass FF Saberist and could hold his own in FF Guns but I dont think he could play NF Guns or CTF at all. Like, i dont think he even ever played NF guns in his life, so he doesnt qualify :P

and that is thcs pointless list. it means nothing, ok later JKers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2007 3:07 am
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

you don't remember some of those ctf games we played? I loved playing ctf cause FF got boring. I can do more than hold my own in ff guns =p, i beat everyone there was to beat (wow that sounds so egotistical, not trying to be), only fuck I couldn't beat was AeRoN =). I tried playing nf guns, but I just sucked at it. JK was always cool cuz of the game play and the people in the community. Every setting of JK had their set of assholes, ctf ff nf sabers/guns etc which always made the game more exciting. btw you spelled Reiko wrong every time! feels good to be mentioned tho haha =).

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2007 2:32 pm
(@nkm_thc)
Eminent Member

Oh, sorry I spelled your name wrong lol.

No I don't remember playing CTF with you, sorry...some things I remember really well and other things I don't. And naah you're not being egotistical. It's hard to talk about what you did in JK without sounding that way but you didnt come across that way to me at all.

Man you shoulda seen some of those new schoolers. Your saber + pulling FF Guns style would have drove them nuts, they wouldnt have had a chance. They played so two dimensionally. Ah well, good to see someone else posting here. Later mang,

tHc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2007 3:00 am
(@xenox)
Eminent Member

Reiko I know a 3 way battle doesnt count for a whole lot but im sure you managed to beat myself & Aeron, in a 3 way FF oasis match.

I always found he tended to get a bit careless when it came to health

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2007 11:38 pm
(@tymerzz)

what counts are todays games and im better than you all

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2007 6:51 pm
(@r3dphoenix)
Trusted Member

Tymerzz you are n00b. Come to #jk on gamesurge at any time and ill own you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2007 3:21 am
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

I got beat badly by some of the 06 class and a few 05 class of JKers but I was on a VERY bad computer (worse than the one I played on in 01) and was almost certainly very very drunk and on a smorgasbord of drugs. Not that rusty... I actually improved a bit at NF guns (which I never was shit at except random levels) but the computer was fucked up and I was always more concerned with drugs than buying a new keyboard or mouse.

Excuses are only that.... excuses, but hey! I was never elite anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2007 5:03 pm
(@nk-archangel)

Tymerzz you are n00b. Come to #jk on gamesurge at any time and ill own you.

Well, both Kirby and I whipped your ass in a FFA of nf guns the other day, so.....you're a touch delusional there my friend =)

=[NK]= Archangel

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2008 10:03 am
(@euphoria)

I could tell you all the best all arounders were in MotS..but JK I only played Sabers, :oops:
sabers nf players in jk I found to be amongst the best i played - when at the top of there games were.. *takes a deep breath* Sculpt, Mask, ExaR_KuN, DR00ME, KaiN, Judge, Novacaine, Narbes(when not tweaking) Foo, DemonKnight, OrbiTaL, Vanion, RuffNeck. These are kinda the people I felt that when the game was over having won or lost, I had always learned something new from whenever playing them. Probably plenty more people but..I really have forgot alot now:-)

MotS, best saberists - DIK_AMERICANO(Gantry),DIK_NUGGA_NOOCH, DIK_WAGNER, Master_Bee_, Newsun(he could be a right bugger at Throne) RS_Eagle_Matias(Throne) JOTS_Lisa, JOTS_MAX

sorry I stuck a total nf sabers post here! :?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2008 1:19 am
(@hdk_dark_helmet)

well imo FF is the hardest aspect of this game... its far easier to be good at NF if u r already great at FF than the other way round.

AeRoN stood out in my day.

Jeb, Crazy, Asskicker prolly forgotten a few but theres some ;)

have to mention Gresuf as being the best NF Gunner i ever played by some distance....

1v1 there weren't many people that Gresuf didn't dominate/put in the negs when he was in his prime.

Prolly a but off topic but hey i was a NF Gunner and HDK was predominantly a NF Guns clan :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2008 4:52 am
(@novacaine)
Estimable Member

Euph
I should be on that MotS list too since I never lost a nf sabs game in it =)
I should be #1 if anything heheh

Hey hey DH
We(HDK) generally had a pretty solid nf sabs division too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2008 9:15 am
(@hdk_dark_helmet)

tis true NoVa :)

but our main stay was always NF Guns :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2008 8:47 pm
(@poizoncrazy)

Best players of all time -

Jeb_Springfield, WaR_BaTMaN, WaR_Crazy, HDK_ManIAc, MERC_Oligo, GOD_Lord_GOD... Maybe a couple of those IRN guys when that clan first started.

I was in GOD, but this clan was way before all of your time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2008 7:24 am
(@subzero)
Reputable Member

sorry to ruin your post but I was around during god and they werent all that great. almost all those guys you mentioned are ffers btw and i have beaten each in at least one setting so i dont think they really qualify as best allround players of all time.

are you EoS_Crazy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2008 12:04 am
Page 10 / 26
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback