Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Multiplayer, Hamachi, and Zone Replacement.

(@brother-lobo)

Greetings!

I used to play JK and MOTS often back in the late 90's/early 2000's. I sold the game years ago, but recently I and a friend who also played with me back then found ourselves talking about how awesome those games were and how much we missed them. Long story short, I bought both games on STEAM and am eager to get multiplayer working.

I have already discovered the Port Forwarding instructions on http://www.jkcommunity.co.nr/ but I was wondering if there are other options for multiplayer.

My friend and I have tried to play using Hamachi, but we have been unable to do so. This is strange since other games and programs which would usually require Port Forwarding work fine when we are on Hamachi. What happens is I can see the game he is hosting in the list but when I try to join, JK/MOTS sends a pop up error message that says I am unable to connect. Has anyone here had any luck using Hamachi with either of these games?

Second, I saw the "Zone Replacement" on the news board. I already downloaded it and created a name and PW. Does the "Zone Replacement" require port forwarding to host/play games? I have not actually tested it yet because when I went there the lobby had only one person and he wasn't responding.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is a fantastic site! I am happy there are still players who like these old games and take the time and effort to catalog all this stuff, especially the levels/mods! It seems like fewer and fewer games have this much user generated content (or maybe I'm just not paying attention! :)

Topic starter Posted : 30/05/2014 11:53 pm
(@xzephyrx)

Hey man, don't worry about Hamachi or the Zone clone. For finding games, go to the IRC, which is at irc.gamesurge.net #JK or simply go to it through the webpage irc client, https://www.jkdf2.net/index.php?page=IRC

After you have done all that, you join multiplayer games through directip connections. That's how we do all of our MP games.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me anything else. I'll probably also be idling in the IRC so you can me fastest in there.

EDIT: By the way, there is a dedicated server at Canyon Oasis with a bot in it, the IP is 50.182.140.156

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2014 6:00 am
(@thedarkhacker)
Estimable Member

Greetings!

I used to play JK and MOTS often back in the late 90's/early 2000's. I sold the game years ago, but recently I and a friend who also played with me back then found ourselves talking about how awesome those games were and how much we missed them. Long story short, I bought both games on STEAM and am eager to get multiplayer working.

I have already discovered the Port Forwarding instructions on http://www.jkcommunity.co.nr/ but I was wondering if there are other options for multiplayer.

My friend and I have tried to play using Hamachi, but we have been unable to do so. This is strange since other games and programs which would usually require Port Forwarding work fine when we are on Hamachi. What happens is I can see the game he is hosting in the list but when I try to join, JK/MOTS sends a pop up error message that says I am unable to connect. Has anyone here had any luck using Hamachi with either of these games?

Second, I saw the "Zone Replacement" on the news board. I already downloaded it and created a name and PW. Does the "Zone Replacement" require port forwarding to host/play games? I have not actually tested it yet because when I went there the lobby had only one person and he wasn't responding.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is a fantastic site! I am happy there are still players who like these old games and take the time and effort to catalog all this stuff, especially the levels/mods! It seems like fewer and fewer games have this much user generated content (or maybe I'm just not paying attention! :)

if you find out why it says "failed to connect to that game" please let me know. that is an issue i am currently facing. I have tried himachi and all types of other shit.
But im trying to host a local AND internet game at the same time.
What you will need to do is install the IPX protocol for LAN connections. And join this way using the internal ip address of the host.
If you are on WinVista+ i think Microsoft did away with ipx protocol then. its on WinXP by default, and on some WinXP versions you just gotta goto network connections and install the protocol.
My advice is switch to linux :D As it seems to support microsoft better than microsoft.
Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2014 6:27 am
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback