Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What do you have from the old JK times?

Page 1 / 2
(@twc_darkjester)
Trusted Member

When the zone quit posting rooms for JK, I thought that JK was good as gone forever. I had had a ton of fun from the very beginning in some really, really fun clans and the case’s ladder was great, too. After TWC dissolved, I played off and on from time to time in the zone, but I didn’t know anyone and no one knew me. And when JK was gone from the zone….I thought that was it for JK. An era of fun had finally passed.

I accidentally stumbled across the message board while doing Google searches for JK players one day at work about a month ago. I quickly realized that JK has complete died, but there was some players from all the time of JK that still posted and played. I read a ton of postings that spanned months and years and it brought back so many memories. I reinstalled JK and played for the first time in over three years….its been great.

I finally found my old backup disk from the one I made in college. It still had a ton of stuff from WaR and TWC. I had a backup copy of the old WaR page(which I reposted on the web). I have some old WaR skins that were made for individual members and in game pictures. From TWC I had copies of the old TWC level, a copy of the TWC webpage when Mavsg first put it up, the TWC skin I made, TWC sabers and handles made by one of the members. Got a lot of pics and screenshots and awards from just play JK.

I now only wish I could get in contact with all the old members from both clans. I see TWC_Vector and WaR_Carnage and ICQ. I’ve see Deadlyone and Gordakarn on Mirc and this message board. I’ve seen Clumsy(LOTD). They bring back such great memories. If anyone has seen or knows how to get a hold of the following players, please post it here: dLux, Slotter, Nefarious, DJmellowD and BlazingSaber just to name a few.

It was a walk down memory lane. Have anyone of you had the same experience in finding stuff that you had forgotten about?

TWC, WaR, LOTD, Atomic, Margarita.....these were the clans I was in....and *muffle* IRN *muffle* *cough!*

Topic starter Posted : 13/06/2006 3:38 pm
(@niftysaber)
Estimable Member

This board kinda brought back memories when I stumbled across it. But I was expecting anyone to still be acting the same way we did back in JK. Kind of disappointing. I dont remember half the things that happened, and see no reason to hold grudges with anyone. Yet people still come on here, hating each other because of a game long dead. I was hoping more for the sharing of memories and seeing old people again than arguing and bickering. But I guess some people will never change 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2006 3:43 pm
(@dsbr-cobrakai)
Reputable Member

This board kinda brought back memories when I stumbled across it. But I was expecting anyone to still be acting the same way we did back in JK. Kind of disappointing. I dont remember half the things that happened, and see no reason to hold grudges with anyone. Yet people still come on here, hating each other because of a game long dead. I was hoping more for the sharing of memories and seeing old people again than arguing and bickering. But I guess some people will never change 🙁

the douchebag is a fking hippie too, how rosey....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2006 8:03 pm
(@twc_darkjester)
Trusted Member

Opps.....I posted here by accident.

*Deleted text*

TWC, WaR, LOTD, Atomic, Margarita.....these were the clans I was in....and *muffle* IRN *muffle* *cough!*

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/06/2006 9:04 pm
(@twc_bcubed)
Eminent Member

Was kind of hoping for the same thing DJ. dLux and Sloter, the 2 that basically taught you and me FF Guns. To talk with nefarious again, man we played Jk with that guy so much I don't even want to think about how much time we spent playing JK. It would be great to get back in a game or 2. I just figured out how to get to the right channel on mIRC, so hopefully I will be playing every once and awhile again....

Bcubed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2006 6:13 am
(@twc_darkjester)
Trusted Member

Was kind of hoping for the same thing DJ. dLux and Sloter, the 2 that basically taught you and me FF Guns. To talk with nefarious again, man we played Jk with that guy so much I don't even want to think about how much time we spent playing JK. It would be great to get back in a game or 2. I just figured out how to get to the right channel on mIRC, so hopefully I will be playing every once and awhile again....

Bcubed

dLux was the one that taught me how to really play. He was like "WTH! Your're using the keyboard to move and fire and everything?!?" Remember how I spent half a night setting up my keyboard and mouse to his way of playing. He kept telling me, "Just stick with this setup for one week and you will be a changed player." Man was he right. After that...and revamping my computer...I was a million times better by the end of 1997. I think we were still in the margaritas then, weren't we? Anyways, after that week I remember you bought into the new setup too.

Finally in TWC, we both played Neffy a ton! The majority of screenshots that I still have are of us three in the TWC skin.

TWC_DJ

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2006 1:50 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

I sent BS a msg on ICQ telling him to come to irc and post on the forum. I will pass along his ICQ #

Rather than dlux or mello i would rather chat with jay

DJ, we would like to archive any old JK information that you have to preserve it as part of history. I will have ret contact you regarding file upload instructions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2006 8:49 am
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Also, I was not even on that list of players that made your heart cry so now IM crying! You were also in IRN, you should add that to your signature

remember when nef joined them :

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2006 8:52 am
(@twc_darkjester)
Trusted Member

Also, I was not even on that list of players that made your heart cry so now IM crying! You were also in IRN, you should add that to your signature

remember when nef joined them :

Yeah...I was in IRN...but I don't really promote that.

J/K. I thought that since IRN was on the verge of extinction that me being in IRN didn't count. Anyways...I never appeared in any of their member rosters.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/06/2006 1:18 pm
(@twc_darkjester)
Trusted Member

I sent BS... blah blah blah....with jay

DJ, we would like to archive any old JK information that you have to preserve it as part of history. I will have ret contact you regarding file upload instructions.

How large of a collection do you guys have now? What all does it include? Where can we find it if it is posted?

TWC_DJ

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/06/2006 5:46 pm
(@twc_darkjester)
Trusted Member

I sent BS... blah blah blah....with jay

How large of a collection do you guys have now? What all does it include? Where can we find it if it is posted?

TWC_DJ

Wodz!!! I need you

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/06/2006 10:31 am
(@twc_darkjester)
Trusted Member

to reply to this message.

DJ

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/06/2006 10:31 am
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

DarkJester, pay attention buddy:
https://www.jkdf2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4301#4301

https://www.jkdf2.net/~wodz

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2006 10:49 am
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

Wow that CWT site brings back memories.

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2006 11:46 am
 RJ
(@_rj_)

After enjoying an inebriated 4th of July, I fortunately stumbled across this site... And WOW!

The nostalgia is suffocating.

Who would've thunk a simple google search for IRN (just to reminisce - yes, i'm a big nerd) would lead here?

Damn, my JK days were almost a decade ago.

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself.

Hi, my name is RJ, but most of yall probably remember me by other handle, MacLeod.

Before I share some of my stories (although fuzzy, enough to make Edward Gibbon blush), I want to give MUCH MUCH MUCH thanks to Wodz for preserving a bunch of old memories that I thought were lonnng gone.

Good God Wodz, you even have the KRT site here with my cheesy ass signature.

For those that knew me back then, I apologize. In '97, I was an immature twelve year old jack-ass, and yes, I had my share of aliases.

Before this turns into a book report, I want yall to know that I'm glad to find that there are other sick people like me, still thinking about the memories of playing a stupid Star Wars game nine years ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2006 6:59 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback