Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Problem Installing JK.

(@godofnarnomad)
Trusted Member

I am running WinXP w/ SP2 and when i try to install JK it will not let me.

The following Error occurs...:

"C:WindowsSystem32Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows Applications. "

Does anybody know how the fuck to get around this? I have NEVER had this problem before installing JK. And Now all of a sudden i do.

Any Help would be appreciated, thanks!

Topic starter Posted : 14/05/2006 9:21 am
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Delete that file, it is a virus, then install JK

Autoexec and Config were files used to start Windows 95 and were only listed in the root (C:)

the Autoexec.NT could be a stub file, but it is in no way needed to run Windows XP SP2, delete the file and proceed with the installation of Jgay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2006 10:32 am
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Backup Autoexec.nt just to be on the safe side πŸ˜‰

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2006 10:33 am
(@godofnarnomad)
Trusted Member

After consulting with the always trusty Windows Explorer... C:WindowsSystem32Autoexec.NT cannot be found in that file folder..

What kind of shit is that? A hidden file that could be a virus?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/05/2006 10:58 am
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

"16 bit Windows Subsystem - C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

The error message can be misleading, because it is displayed even if the AUTOEXEC.NT file is actually missing.

To verify whether you have the file, type "%windir%/system32/" in the address bar of an Explorer window. If there is no AUTOEXEC.NT file proceed as follows:

1. Browse to "%windir%/repair/" (usually "C:WINDOWSrepair")

2. Right-Click and Copy the AUTOEXEC.NT file

3. Browse to "%windir%/system32/" (usually "C:WINDOWSSystem32")

4. Right-Click inside the window and Paste the file

The error condition described here may also be the result of corruption of the AUTOEXEC.NT file, in which case the above procedure may be helpful to restore a valid file.

Corruption of the AUTOEXEC.NT file has also been related to virus programs. You may want to virus-check your system with one of the following free tools:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2006 2:46 pm
(@vds_klavier_vds)
Trusted Member

it's cuz you're from bakersfield

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2006 12:47 am
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ