Share:
Notifications
Clear all

NF Sabs tatics πŸ™‚

Page 4 / 4
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

so what you're telling me is you want to be me?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2007 8:46 am
(@the-ice-man)

I started a style of holding down the swing button the entire match. Whether I was attacking, or not, I would just hold it down. This would usually make it a lot harder on my opponent to attack me without getting hit.
On top of that I would play a defensive style and always wait for them to come at me. Most people would wait until they had a chance to get inbetween attacks to hit someone. I would attack them whenever they were attacking me.
It worked really well because when someone would come after me I would just time it perfectly and go after them at the same time. Running infront of where they are attacking at a distance depending on their ping where I would hit them and not get hit myself.
Also, can't forget the extremely high mouse sensitivity for quick turning and jumping out of the way πŸ˜€

If you hold z swing down the entire time, the opponent can time your swing and take advantage. Especially if your playing defensively.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2007 7:39 am
(@niftysaber)
Estimable Member

I started a style of holding down the swing button the entire match. Whether I was attacking, or not, I would just hold it down. This would usually make it a lot harder on my opponent to attack me without getting hit.
On top of that I would play a defensive style and always wait for them to come at me. Most people would wait until they had a chance to get inbetween attacks to hit someone. I would attack them whenever they were attacking me.
It worked really well because when someone would come after me I would just time it perfectly and go after them at the same time. Running infront of where they are attacking at a distance depending on their ping where I would hit them and not get hit myself.
Also, can't forget the extremely high mouse sensitivity for quick turning and jumping out of the way πŸ˜€

If you hold z swing down the entire time, the opponent can time your swing and take advantage. Especially if your playing defensively.

Well, yea.... But tell that to all the people I used to beat πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2007 8:31 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

My strategy in sabers is pretty much the same as nifty's..

Offensively: i try to encircle my opponenet staying on his parameter and dart in for an occasional swing.. sometimes if i notice they are off balance i swing.. change cource and repeat.. .. I tend to try to approach them from the sides or get on their rear where their swing doesnt concern me as much. Also, if they go on the offensive I tend to like to do a mouse jerk back and suprise them.

Defensively.. I like to hold the mouse button in and try to keep the oppenent front and center at all times. Most of the times I hit someone by them running into my swing, which is quite nice and a quick and easy way to kill someone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2008 7:33 pm
(@england_vds)
Trusted Member

The only tactic that worked vs anyone decent was to play a defensive stance and to counter with unpredictable bursts of all out offense followed by yet more boring defense. Wait till your opponent got bored, spam the hell out of primary and a couple of long range circualr secondarys, hopefully tag then - rince and repeat. Always hold the high ground, never stop moving, never move in predictable patterns, use the ping to your advantage by changing your attack to suit the ping (be it high or low), all the usual stuff. The best way to win at JK was always to be un-predictable in your attack and never ever take any chances, play a good defensive game but never run away, always be just out of their range but not too far and in doing so you will goad the other guy into making a mistake and then capitilise on their screw up - wait till the other guy gets bored and bash.

2on2 and 1on1 vs noobs on the other hand was always a case of just bash the crap out of anything that moves.

-[ VDS - You Know You Love It ]-

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2008 2:47 am
(@frostyehv)

The only tactic that worked vs anyone decent was to play a defensive stance and to counter with unpredictable bursts of all out offense followed by yet more boring defense. Wait till your opponent got bored, spam the heck out of primary and a couple of long range circualr secondarys, hopefully tag then - rince and repeat. Always hold the high ground, never stop moving, never move in predictable patterns, use the ping to your advantage by changing your attack to suit the ping (be it high or low), all the usual stuff. The best way to win at JK was always to be un-predictable in your attack and never ever take any chances, play a good defensive game but never run away, always be just out of their range but not too far and in doing so you will goad the other guy into making a mistake and then capitilise on their screw up - wait till the other guy gets bored and bash.

2on2 and 1on1 vs noobs on the other hand was always a case of just bash the crud out of anything that moves.

Sounds exactly like what you need to do to beat Neo :(

The way i played was all out defense, wait for you to get bored or screw up. Even if it looked like i was attacking, i'd be playing defense. Oh...and always be attacking with fire1 when you're not using the big swing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2008 1:45 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ