Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Multiple Questions and possibly two problems

(@tyrael)

Hi, yeah you probably get a lot of people registering and heading straight for the problems/support so yeah, this isn't any different.

I've got JK working, on Vista, no problems apart from having to tab when going to the menu etc.. but I solved that due to the window thing someone suggested somewhere on this board.

What I'm confused about is that is the textures, from far awway suppoed to be majorly blurry & then become detailed when you get closer? BEcause on my old PC when I installed this, Windows XP, I never noticed this. Maybe I've become such a visual freak I notice all these small details now, but either way it's getting on my nerves because I would love to see detailed surroundings always. Further details about my PC are: Vista, GeForce 8800 GTS something MB, and yeah I would think that's it really. I run JK on 1400 X 900, due to that being the size of my screen, I have 3D acceleration on and 32 for the texture size thing.

Further more, do any of you know any good texture/graphics/model reaplcement/basically uber mods/add-ons for JK and MoTS? I have searched but I really don't know what are the best for increasing visuals & what I really want. I have one JK Retexture pack, it's nice but I don't know if it's the best.

Last thing I promise - JKPatcher, it doesn't work. I install it and then I let it update and I get this 'Runtime error 53', twice. What's going on and what can I do to solve it?

I would really love some replies, but thanks for reading.

Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2008 7:45 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Hi. Welcome to the JK community, and welcome to the boards!

I'm not sure if what you describe here is an actual prob or if it's just that you're used to newer games with more detailed graphics... of course your hardware is more than enough to run JK.
All I can think of is you might not have installed the JK unofficial patch, in that case here you can download the latest version: http://www.jkhub.net/project/get.php?id=1499
Be careful reading the install instructions and let us know if it works, ok?

The problem you're having with patch commander is you have a corrupted version (probably got it from massassi.net, huh?). You can download the good one from the main page here at jkdf2.net

THE best mod in terms of graphics for JK is definitely JKE (JK Enhanced), you can get if here (in the download section, of course): http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=242
In terms of gameplay however, I'd stick with SBX, tho hehe

Well, I hope I helped out with what you needed. If there's anything else you need, drop us another line...
And I hope to catch you for a game sometime!

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2008 1:53 pm
(@tyrael)

Okay thanks, I'll try out some of that stuff. For now though, I can't get that unoffical patch to work. I install it, and double click on 'JK.exe' and it says it's not a valid Win32 application, then I try to use a shortcut, click on 'Play JK' and it says something like 'unable to start the JK game program' 'check the disc is in the drive, drivers updated or try JK.exe directly'. I backed up the old JK, put it in, then tried to install the patch again and I still got the same thing. What's up?

Additionally do SBX & its sound mod work with JKE? Or can I only have one working?

One more thing, isn't SBX just for online play? Do I have to start a new game for the changes to work? BEcause I don't see any differences. It does in the Resource folder right?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/06/2008 4:54 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

No problem.
As for the prob with the unofficial patch... I really don't know what's the problem, it works fine on my comp... You should ask ZeqMacaw, he's the one who created it, so he should know how to guide you to solve your prob. You can find him posting at the unofficial patche's forums, here: http://www.jkhub.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=306 , or at the #jkhub IRC channel on irc.synirc.net

As far as I know SBX won't work together with JKE, I'm almost certain but I think I never really tryed... :P
SBX is best for online play, but you can use it in singleplayer also. It changes some of your guns for different saber models, and it gives you all the extra moves, the same than when you play online.
No, for the changes to work (and this applies to any mod: JKE, SBX, etc) you just need to launch up the game with the mod using Patch commander or JKLauncher. With some mods, like SBX you also need to assign the new extra keys for the new moves and options, but that's all.
The differences you get from SBX are a bunch of extra skins for MP, 2 new models of sabers (with saber glow and trails), a ton of new moves, and a few other things. I love it (specially for MP) because it gives you an amazing gameplay for duels.

Oh, and with any mod you don't need to put it on resources. You can put it on any folder yuo like (I recommend creating a new one named mods), and then activate the mod you want using Patch Commander or JKLauncher.

If you have more doubts don't hesitate to ask, ok?

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2008 9:53 am
(@tyrael)

Ah alright, I'll give that a shot. I can't seem to find JKLauncher on jkdf2.net :/ What's better, Patch Commander or JKLauncher? I got JKLauncher but it doesn't download any patches like the one I had before, which was corrupted.

Oh and what's the name of the fourth level in JK1MP (Jedi Training) episode? :|

Does SBX or JKE work for MoTS or there something else for MoTS?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/06/2008 12:07 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Well JKLauncher is available at www.jkhub.net, here's the link: http://www.jkhub.net/project/get.php?id=1410

JKLauncher is definitely better than Patch Commander in my opinion. But it's still a beta, once it's finished it's gonna be 10 times better. We're all waiting for it to be rdy, 'cause it's probably THE best proyect around to try and keep JK alive.

SBX has a MotS version, it shouldn't be too hard to find, but if you have any trouble, let me know and I'll look it up for you ;)

Oh and what's the name of the fourth level in JK1MP (Jedi Training) episode? :|

What do you mean?

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2008 8:47 am
(@tyrael)

Thanks for replying.

Well to make an account to post on the JK Unoffical Patch area I have to make an account, and it requires me to answer this question

what's the name of the fourth level in JK1MP (Jedi Training) episode

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/06/2008 12:34 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Oh, ok lol. I think (if my memory isn't failing on me) it's Canyon Oasis (I could be mistaking, tho...)

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2008 11:04 am
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback