Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Locked] Which was the best sabers clan?

Page 1 / 7
(@ultraworld)

Maybe I forgot to put some clans... its been a while folks, cant remember all the clans.. so just accept it bitches! 😀
I would do a guns poll too, but I wouldnt know which clans to put.. so get a gunner to do it...
I myself think DE, JCS and IRN were the bests.. in terms of average skill

Topic starter Posted : 14/12/2005 4:15 pm
(@morthe_hap)
Eminent Member

Ultraworld = me... when I registered I forgot the username would be on the forum... :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2005 4:20 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

i would say you missed about 20-25 great saber clans if you are going to include the likes of prince and quest in the same breath as irn or generation 1 jcs... but also DSbr never played sabers, unless you are including bgj ff. but as for nf saberists goes i was the only one. i was recruited cuz i talked alot of shit and aeron wanted an nf saberist in his clan that could win for him. sabs was an nf saberist too but he was already retired when he joined the clan. thanks for the compliment though!

ill say IRN though cuz they held it down the longest. and not only in nf sabs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2005 8:54 pm
(@sm_sloan)
Eminent Member

If anything you missed BoL (Brigade Of Light) from the old days and you didn't even put SM in either. Prince may have had good players but they were ridiculed on the zone and often accused of cheating.

The other names besides Quest and Prince I don't recognize or even remember.

Sloans Underground - Star Trek / Star Wars Forums With A DS9 Theme!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2005 4:44 am
(@morthe_hap)
Eminent Member

I knew I would forget some.. but SM? I dont recall any great accomplishment by u guys.. srry... I would say IRN was the one with the longest career because it owned CWT and Cases ladder for a while... but DE had like 7 ppl in top10 cases(including me mainly on #3) for about 5 months(and no freebies), btw we would´ve got the whole top5 because I was suppost to become #1 a long time ago, when I was #2 and beated IRN_Two_Stabs(#1), but he reported to who was #3, then to me.. so I wouldnt take #1... so I guess DE was the sabers clan that most owned ladder, JCS was good at all generations I guess.. but the 1st one was awesome.. I would have to say JRT was good clan too, but it had like 2 members (Ultross and Santa).. I had to say Prince because they managed to stay alive for ages... altho they recruited anyone... I added DSbr really dont know y, I think its cause I remember Sabby were good back in the dayz...
Now... u dont recognize or remember IRN, DE and JCS.. sloan? thats weird...

I voted in DE for sabs nf... but if I had to call out the top clan ever in jk I would have to say IRN.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2005 6:58 am
(@jedispam)
Eminent Member

no accomplishments? i recall more than 5 badass levels

Formerly SM_JediBoy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2005 11:42 am
(@morthe_hap)
Eminent Member

in nf sabering

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2005 2:41 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

Hello all,
You would think this would be the last time person of all time you would see on here. I hope all you former JK players are doing well in life. I haven't played JK in must be over a year now. I miss it slightly, but nevertheless life must be dealt with.

To you personally Morthe, I thank you for your support as viewing Prince as a great clan of all time... and we were. However, your statement that we "let anyone in" Prince is wrong. In order to understand Prince as a clan, you must first understand our history.. Prince was founded as a Newbie clan 1997 I do believe.. 4 years before the demise of JK. Back when people still downloaded the trial version and played it in large numbers. Prince originated as a trial based clan... we recruited those that had the trial version the skill level there was Low Calibur at best as compared to the whole. We weren't just a sabers only clan but.. yes I was the best Bespin FF Trial player ever.. I was up there in Bespn NF guns.. and definately in sabers as well, in which I guess you would remember me for. In the early days of Prince we recruited.. people that were Elite (Demo Elite) at one of the categories).

When we transitioned to the Full Version of JK, it was a tough adjustment period in which we lost many of our elite players to the other Elite clans of the day such as "Merc" that specialized in guns, and our saberists to clans like IRN.

As I got better as a player, so did the level of calibur players in Prince. To be honest, Most Elite Saber players were in Prince at one point in time.. I personally developed many Top saberists in the game,. as well as recruited many more of them..

Most of the ridicule we did gather.. was from over the years a few wildcards that somehow either made a Prince name, were invited by their firends. or our demo players that were never really that good once they got the full version of the game but still remained loyal to the clan.. I.E. Prince_Karbon, Prince_Snoopy, our original Demo Leader Prince_Toli and a few countless others who were good guys.. just not "Elite Saberists"...

As for Elite Saberists I'll try to recount all the guys that were in Prince:
"Sacred" A.K.A. Neo, "Vanion", England, (EX_King) FroZen (Avalanche), OxiDe, Axion, Sculpt, EX_Genesis (I can't Remember his Prince name), Eugenius, Bartolo, HeXen, Kamikazee, Lifeform, Tybalt, Desperodoz, Ennudo, DashRem, Zerocool, Shazman, Shazom, Vagrant, LeeSolo (Well he posted on this forum so I gotta give him some recognition) , and Yevaud . It is so tough to remember them all.. some of those names you may think weren't elite but they won tournaments the vast number of them, and many were former ladder #1's. Now you may say they weren't around when the "Greats" of the game played. Well the Greats of the game weren't really all that great.. they just didn't have other people with developed skills to compete against yet.

Controversy over people cheating arose here and there,. but for the most part we had at least from my perspective an honorable reputation. Almost every clan that had Elite players got that reputation from time to time.

I personally, not to praise myself, was up there on the best of all time and as for my reputation at least I was never accused to my face of cheating..
and I know for a fact I didn't so that in itself speaks great value.

Yes, there were other good elite clans that were competetive for awhile.. but that is it they came and gone.. Prince dwelled.. and lived JK.

Morthe you were always a good friend and I enjoyed playing you.. I miss those days,. but haha it is sad but true.. life is so much bigger than this as I have definately learned.. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday..!~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/12/2005 1:54 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

I'll continue with my long case for Prince in the history books based on elimination of the other clans:

IRN I did look up to back when Prince first emerged in the Full Version scene in early 1998.. but.. I think they were highly overated especially once I improved my skills,..I think a lot of IRN's dominance in ladder was do to 2 good players and the rest of them.. getting wins via them. (Quake for example was one of them and Crusader I suppose was another) DemonKnight was decent at best.. and if I recall right he later joined Prince.. PestControl was OK as well..and the other guys were all just marginal saberists at least to my extent of knowledge. Secondly, IRN disappeared from the JK scene as Prince emerged on an elite basis.

DE was a fairly good clan., but they emerged during Prince and ended before Prince.. and we out skilled them man for man as a whole...I really don't ever remember looking at DE as anymore than an equal. Many of their members were ex Prince. And like IRN there lifespan was no more than a year.

JCS was good,. especially back when they were around with IRN. However, like IRN they were really a 1 or 2 person clan of great skill.. Dr00me, and that is it. JCS disappeared and reemerged with I'd say less skill than they originally. Bartolo.. one of these reemerging JCS saberists was a former Prince in the late demo days. I think he was even trained by a Prince_Yevaud (the first Prince to really play ladder ever).

KDD is like everyone else a one or two person saberist clan.. characterized by Lonestar.. and the people that were somewhat decent that surrounded him.

Dsbr i always regarded as more of a Full force sort of clan,..

Quest, was good whlie they lasted.. 1 year tops,. there members like all other clans were ex Prince.. and later many of there members joined Prince...

KTL .. i really don't remember them

Dominating Ladder or CWT was really insignificant.. especially since half the clans on that list weren't around or at their prime during the same time. Prince was around during all.. just not at the prime...
I do have a picture back maybe 2000 in which 3 Prince were at the top of ladder 1, 2, and 3,... I was at the Cases ladder #1 independently for awhile.. the Ladder records are all corrupted now a days..haha but anyhow: http://www.igl.net/php/page.php?p=hall& ... vr=cgi&pl=
is the hall of fame..

haha aight enough of this endless controversy...
I am afterall biased .,., but to the outsider.. you don't know Prince..
all of the people that posted thus far were never in Prince.,
and even the people that were in Prince did not experience the
entirety of JK history that I have...
so I really am the only person that knows the whole story of Prince..

whenever a chance beckons.. this is the first time in 2 years..
I guess I'd love to share the story.

God bless.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/12/2005 3:33 pm
(@sm_sloan)
Eminent Member

I knew I would forget some.. but SM? I dont recall any great accomplishment by u guys.. srry...

I guess you never played any of Sith Lord's levels since 1998 eh? As Jedispam said - SM has had a few excellent levels released over the last few years - among them classics like Purgatory which was DAMN POPULAR for a long time, and later on SM HQ. And, not to mention Lord's upcoming levels like AOT and other projects he's been working on, such as JK Chess level and cogs to enable a player to sit down and stand up from chairs and whatnot.

Sloans Underground - Star Trek / Star Wars Forums With A DS9 Theme!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2005 7:37 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

hehe sloan!

i believe morthe is referring to recognition in the game playing aspects of jk.

yackerz i am happy to say i never whored in Prince! and many many players probably came through the JAM EMPIRE! as well... i probably trained half those guys anyway.

also IRN did alot of things, reason they only had 2 or 3 good nf saberists... is because they only had 2 or 3 guys exclusive to nf sabers at any given time. im pretty sure pc did not play nf sabs so you naming him as an inadequate saberist is a bad point. thats like me being proud that i beat genetix at nf sabs, or some great nf saberist at nf guns. also i can tell you demonknight did not join Prince and you probably didnt play him in his prime.

your argument that the old school guys had no competition is silly... reason you dont remember their competition is because noone remembers second place. and it is a pretty consistent truth that whenever a guy would come out and play after months or even a year off - especially in nf sabers - he would usually dominate pretty much most of them, and he would only be playing a few times a week at most while the current "elite" of the time would be playing daily. i aliased the ladder a few times post "retirement" and getting into top 20 within 5-8 games was farily simple. so you should rethink your argument that your era was the most skilled.

anyway this isnt meant to start a cock measuring competition, just thought i should comment on a few things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2005 9:02 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

.. good comments I suppose,. Ya I agree with most of what you say.. haha its fun to debate anyhow.. the reason why post retirement it was so easy to get into the top 20 ladder is because no one of any calibur for the longest time played any ladder. It really fail through after the demise of IRN and JCS. During my time to be in the top 20 in ladder meant nothing newbies often did the feat purely by bribery of other higher calibur. However, to be number 1 in ladder still was tough,. and a vast number of Prince had claim to that title at one point in time. It in effect is impossible to compare one generation to another because its like comparing Lincoln to Regan or George Washington to Theodore Roosevelt.. nobody really knows who is the best President.. they were just all pretty dang good.

Secondly, I played a lot of people that came out of retirement and they were good, were they any better than our elite saberists in Prince? Eh not really.

Many people did clan whore Prince yes,.. but many Elites were faithful to Prince.. Ennudo, Genesis was faithful to Prince after Ex, Avalanche (Frozen), England,. Axion,.. Oxide.. The reason why I say Prince is really the best NF saberist clan of all time.. is purely based on longivity.. the Skills were Equal easily with any clan out there.. The Lifespan... the dominant period during that lifespan..., the influence on JK as a whole,. No one can compete with Prince.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2005 11:29 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

well i guess i cant comment too much. i was very ignorant to the whos who when your clan took its apparent rise to the top... in my day i always saw prince in the same vain as like a Sykotic or WOLFPAC or GOD or something like that.

but when i talk about old guys coming back. im thinking more of like when ikikuras came back, he was a great saberist, probably top 5 in his day on the zone. but when he returned he utterly dominated. and nemesis was in the same boat, even though he had a 1000 ping, except i really wouldnt say nemesis was top 5 in his day. i dont really attribute his wins to skill though but more his 13.3 connection! and just to make a comparison for myself, in my day i had to bust my a.ss to c.rack top 10, that was before quakes ironman run at #1 i think. its funny but i still remember a 2 hour nf sabs match with sepultura i think it was, and that was to c.rack top 20... can you imagine a 2 hour long game and the score was 3-2! coming back later top 5 was a breeze.

as for top players being in ladder, every single flavour of the week clan was on the ladder... i remember new nf sabs clans popping up every other day it seemed, and they were all in it. but again, i never played ladder in 2000 so maybe it was different then.

haha thats funny you cant say c.r.a.c.k or a.s.s

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2005 4:31 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

Ya.. i wouldn't say Nemesis was great.. at all haha. more like Unkillable..
ya a 2 hour game to crack top 20 was impressive.. I remember my own struggles at doing the same.. however.., i don't think I was as good then.. when I wasn't as good.. i'd be more chicken and defensive.. and therefore draw the games out a lot longer than they should of been.. Nevertheless it was a challenge..

Ikikuras name is familiar I probally played him a few times.. but as for the greats that returned that I played.. it was more like a stalemate haha at least for nemesis.. there was others in prince who could do the same ..

haha yes.. Prince was definately on another level as WolfPac and systotic. there names are so newbieish i cant even remember how to spell em..
anyhow. im off.. enough with this chat.. it is a question dat is unsolvable for sure at least.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2005 11:45 am
 Mask
(@mask)
Trusted Member

http://iceeuphoria.brinkster.net/prexshit/index.htm

some names/memories for you
it was JCS or IRN for me being the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2005 12:10 pm
Page 1 / 7
Share: