Posted : 19/05/2008 6:07 am
(@subzero)
Reputable Member

haha i knew it was all talk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2008 8:47 am
(@xstation14)
Eminent Member

I'm willing to help out. I know i'm new to the community but i'm not new to JK and I would love to eventually make a server :D If anyone needs anything, tell me. I'm on IRC a lot. Also:

Windows Live: [email protected]
XFire: Jvader15
AIM: Vexxrulz99
Steam: scabiez
GTalk: [email protected]

I suggest:

Making a jkdf2.net xfire group

and

making a JK download that's easily accessible

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2008 11:17 am
(@granitewhite)

[My two cents:

If any of the JK community is like me, they're going to want to play once in a while, but not every day, all hours of the day.
That means that it can be expected that normal life will take up most of our time.

In light of that, I do support an organized and centralized launching system (I really miss the MSN Gaming zone for that ~ a chat + game-launch in the same place, and easier to use than IRC), as well as combining all of the resources into one network of players+editors, because it will give casual gamers like me a way to get online QUICKLY if we have 30 minutes free and feel like playing some JK.
...rather than the current system of weeks of correspondence and setting up play-dates to play on a fly-by-night semi-dedicated server or launcher-program site (IGZ comes to mind) that MAY NOT BE OPERABLE WHEN THE DATE COMES... I've wasted more time trying to play than I've actually spent playing in the last 18 months.

If we could get something like a spoof of the MSN Zone's NarShaddaa hosted here on this site (Java-run chat-window with game-matching and launcher maybe?), that would be FANTASTIC.

Either way, as to the project itself: I can't offer much personally, as I'm not a programmer, I don't have my own server, I'm not rich, and Family+Work+Community usually takes most of my time... Video Games are fun, but I don't do them all the time.

I can offer a couple of ideas though:
First: Don't forget www.massassi.net ~ It's still active (Or semi-active?) as a source of files and tutorials... it'd be great if we could include their people and/or resources in this project... they used to be the closest thing to a "Central Hub" for the JK community that I ever saw, aside from the Zone's NarShaddaa itself for actual live-chat interaction.

And second: We might be able to expand and strengthen the JK community if we joined forces with some other Classic and current StarWars game communities: Xwing-Alliance, XvT, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Galactic Battlegrounds, SWE1Racer, etc... anything with IP multi-player capability.

If we could combine a launcher/chat and database source for all of these games (A Star-Wars "Gaming-Zone?"), we might be able to pull more players, AND generate more game play all around by cross-gaming (JK Die-hards playing XWA for a change of pace, etc)...

... I know for my part I would be interested in playing more than just JK with other star-wars game-fans...

/end two cents]

Oh! P.S: Isn't IGZ still around? I just checked out their site, and it still exists, and claims to still host JK... do they improve on their software any? As in, might it be less buggy now than it was ~ and possibly worth a second shot?
...just another thought I had ;)

All life is to be lived for God, for all Blessings are From God... therefore, Praise God in all you do, especially your Recreation!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2008 5:18 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Yeah, it is still around, and it is still hosting JK.
If you ask me, I don't understand why one day everyone just left IGZ... it may have some bugs, yea... but I never considered any of them to be such big a deal...
Anyway... most ppl left IGZ already, and the room is almost always empty now... it's a shame if you ask me, but... oh well... :roll:

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2008 5:40 am
(@xstation14)
Eminent Member

Don't forget Republic Commando :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2008 12:24 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

um igz is essentially the zone...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2008 12:37 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

um igz is essentially the zone...

True... and nobody complained about the zone back in the day (well, almost no one...)
So I think the prob is not so much about IGZ, that's just an excuse... The truth is just as JK, we're all getting older, and the thing is some people these days are not so exited about playing JK as in the old days, others don't have enough time 'cause of work, g/fs, or any other of the millon stuff most of us have going on... I'm affraid we just have to accept it...

But that of course shouldn't stop us from having a few games every once in a while with our old friends (and everyone else, why not) from the JK community. This is how things are these days, with ups and downs...
I think there is no point in trying to make JK what it used to be, simply because WE are not what we used to be... So the best thing we can do is try and keep things rolling smoothly enough so we don't loose the chance of having fun with an ocational game of THE best game ever made, JK. And I think the most important thing with that aim is tolerate each other the best possible way, 'cause in the end nothing here is serious enough to even get upset (not the curses, not the so called "harassments", not the bullsh** from ones or the tightness of others...). The best thing we can do to keep this rolling is to take things as they are, don't try to make them bigger than they are, not get too worried about things, and help out in every way we can (like maintaining sites like this one, jkhub, etc)

That's my point of view...

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2008 2:41 pm
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

IGZ doesn't work because you don't want it to. The thing works almost identical to zone and you don't use it because you really don't care to play when you see there isn't much motivation for it anywhere.

I hung out at IGZ for a few days and no one played shit, everyone thought it was another IRC and just sat there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2008 2:15 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

well said wacko

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2008 4:30 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Yea, the prob isn't IGZ... it's not perfect, but it's fairly good, the prob is our reduced numbers and lack of motivation...

Anyway... as I always say, that shouldn't stop us from having fun with JK every once in a while when we're lucky enough to find a game

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2008 8:00 am
(@xstation14)
Eminent Member

This is sad there has to be at least 1 person playing JK that's more than a casual gamer :(. This isn't rocket science. There has to be a way to get people playing.

EDIT: Maybe someone can put together JK server files and someone can run it off their server box? I don't have one atm my clan's trying to get sponsored.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2008 11:33 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

This is sad there has to be at least 1 person playing JK that's more than a casual gamer

Yeah, there are more than one, definitely! But interest seems to come and go (and also seems to be hard to mantain), and life issues also tend to come and go, conspiring with the task of mantaining activity on our reduced community....

However, your idea might be good, and your will will definitely help us!

Btw, What clan are you in?

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2008 10:04 am
(@xstation14)
Eminent Member

I'm in this clan called [=RA=] it's not in JK but I would be happy to move it to JK if there was a way to dedicate it :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2008 4:48 pm
(@rafster)

Might wanna check this out: http://jkgamings.forums1.net/jedi-knigh ... by-t26.htm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2008 9:21 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback