Share:
Notifications
Clear all

X-Men 3

Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

This movie was pretty good, it is worth seeing at least once.

Anyone who was not a hardcore X-Men comic geek growing up would really enjoy this movie.

Anyone who WAS or IS a hardcore X-Men comic geek when growing up would hate and curse at this movie, as I did. All of these X-Men movies are a fucking joke and the reels should be burned.

Let's all just hope Marvel doesnt fuck up the Spiderman series like they did to X-Men before it was even written

Xmen 1,2,3=what a joke!

Topic starter Posted : 31/05/2006 12:49 pm
(@sm_sloan)
Eminent Member

To be honest, I liked the first two movies better. In this third movie too many people on each side are "gone" for lack of a better word (and not to spoil it for others).

Which is why I've gone back to playing X-Men II on the PC again - definetly a fun game. πŸ™‚

Sloans Underground - Star Trek / Star Wars Forums With A DS9 Theme!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2006 3:41 pm
(@novacaine)
Estimable Member

If you watched the Cartoon that was popular in the mid 90s if I remember.They took some of the storyline from it.But not much of it.The Pheonix was a Guardian of the Planet or something if I remember.And then after it was finished its mission.It didn't want to leave Jean's body because of all the new senstions it was living.

Or about Rogue,It didn't have much about it that was right.She ran away from home after putting the guy into a Coma.And met an old lady who was really Mistque.And she was tricked to steal all of some mutant's powers.And thats how she flew around.And she still lived threw some of the memorys from the other mutant's mind.

I've heard that they're doing a Wolervine movie about his past.Sorta like a Prelude I guess.Which would be pretty cool if its true to the cartoon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2006 8:23 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Long post - if you dont care about Xmen history - do not read

The cartoon and the movies were way off base

The Xmen were formed in September 1963 and the original team was: Xavier, Cyclops (Scott Summers), Jean Grey, Beast (Hank McCoy), Iceman (Robert Drake), Angel (Warren Worthington III)

Wolverine (John Henry Logan) was in a Canadian superhero group called Alpha Flight during the mid 80's (he first appeared in 1983 - Incredible Hulk #181), and he joined the Uncanny Xmen around 1987

Also in 1987; Storm (Ororu Monroe) and Rogue (Marie) joined the Uncanny team

There was another team called X-Factor that most of the X-Men were in during the late 80's.

Angel became ArchAngel and had joined Apocalypse's "four horseman" team and had his feather wings replaced with indestructible metal wings that could fire missiles.

Beast had a chem experiment go wrong and it turned him blue and gave him fur.

Rogue could take the powers of other mutants and she was believed to be the daughter of Mystique (the cartoon did a good job with Rogue), she later is on a space flight with a famous superhero (I cannot recall her name) and steals her powers, giving her super strength and flight, also creating the grey streak in her hair.

Shadowcat was part of a British team called Xcalibur for a while and joined the Uncanny in like 1985..

Colossus joined in 1987 from X-Factor and a new team was re-formed in 1990 with the addition of Jubilee, Gambit, and Psylocke.

The Phoenix was an alien entity that took over Jean Greys body. There are two major sagas.

The Phoenix Saga - where Jean is part of the Uncanny team and uses her new amazing powers to fight evil.

The Dark Phoenix saga - This is by far the best storyline ever made (for xmen), the alien host goes bad and explodes with energy and an intergalactic battle is waged trying to destroy the Dark Phoenix alien.

So here are a few retarded things about the movies.

Iceman was about 18 in 1963 when he joined the Uncanny X-men and he should have been nearly 30 by the time Rogue was even BORN. Rogue had a fling with Gambit, not Iceman.. wtf

Angel joined before Iceman yet he still has FEATHER wings by the time Shadowcat joins? wtf..

Shadowcat was like 12 in Xmen 2 and in Xmen 3 she is 18

And on a final note, the reason why this is the worst comic-movie ever *drum roll*, they killed Scott and Jean (didnÒ€™t happen).. they got married in 1992 and had a child named NATHAN GREYMALKIN, who later, in the future has half of his body destroyed and replaced with adamantium and while the world is being raped by Apocalypse, he travels back in time to before his parents conceived him to ask for aid. Cable owns all, hands down, but since they just killed Scott, how can he even be born.. wtf are they going to do.. have the dead phoenix fuck Alex Summers and create a hybrid future hahahahhahhahahhaha

How could Stan Lee allow this disaster of a movie to take place.

Now I know most of you are thinking "it's just a movie", but its Hollywood, they could make this happen easily.. there is enough fantastic material fro m the storylines dating back 40+ years to make at least 10 X-Men movies

I would bet mostly all comic geeks hate this movie.

oh and Nightcrawler just vanished.. maybe he went to join Xcalibur..or no wait that was suppose to be BEFORE he joined the Xmen.. lmao

maybe in the next movie Iceman and Rogue will have a child together and it will be Gambit ahahahahahahhahahahah

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/06/2006 5:05 am
(@kirby)
Trusted Member

wow I did not like this movie. The first two were so much better. Omg first of all Leech should have been green and Angel should have been featured more... I was like why is he in this movie?

The dark phoenix storyline seemed so randomly put together with the cure storyline and it was just all messed up. And the movie also introduced all those morlock people like that girl w/ the lesbian haircut who can make shock waves. I was like what?

How are they supposed to have another movie after Professor X and Cyclops died and Magneto and Mystique lost their powers? I was like omg why are they killing everyone? They can't have a movie w/ Shadowcat as one of the main characters because she is so annoying and a horrible actress she just sits there w/ her mouth open in like 5 scenes. They could make a movie about how Rogue steals Ms Marvel's powers... oh wait they made Mystique lose her powers!

Love muffins get into this
B. Scott is so splendiferous
If you have no flaws flaws
Hit 'em with the Paw-Paw

http://www.LoveBScott.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/LoveBScott

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2006 10:58 am
(@kirby)
Trusted Member

OMG and another thing... Halle Berry has still not fixed her Storm voice. Storm is supposed to have a really deep Toni Braxton voice! omg

Love muffins get into this
B. Scott is so splendiferous
If you have no flaws flaws
Hit 'em with the Paw-Paw

http://www.LoveBScott.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/LoveBScott

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2006 11:01 am
(@novacaine)
Estimable Member

About the last scene,Did Magneto move it?Or was he just trying to?I thought he didn't move it but was mearly trying.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2006 7:04 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

The piece moved slightly

Kirby - great points haha!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/06/2006 5:18 am
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

i wish that he would dress up like wolverine in the movies. and his hair should be bigger.

maybe cyclops will come back in the next one! (didnt he get hurt real bad in the cartoon and re appear)?

and when did nightcrawler join? he was always my favorite in the video games.

one good thing is they had juggernaut. did they have sabertooth at all (he was my favorite villain)?

i think spiderman was a shitty movie. every time i see it i think of the pussy hitchhiker in fear and loathing.

it would be sweet to see the next one in the post apocolypse future with that time traveling dude and those huge sentinals.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2006 9:40 pm
(@dsbr-cobrakai)
Reputable Member

nerds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2006 8:56 am
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ