Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What the hell? [Suggestion about locking topics]

Page 2 / 2
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

ya proved my point ness, you dont even know what CWT is. even in ladders height, NOONE went to nar for it. You are definately dating yourself and descrediting your entire argument.

wacko you and your friends probably didnt give a shit because you were too busy chasing those terminator bunnies or role playing duel of the phates... you also proved my point. Go shoot up some more e-steroids and then flex your muscles as you write up some more html code for a jk site.

as for 97, i couldn't care less, but the time up until late 99 was jk's glory where competition thrived. everything after that was just a shadow of the games peak. Tons of clans played ladder and tourney's back in the glory days. Even "newbie" clans participated in cwt tournaments because a cwt championship was a coveted title. The sad thing is neither of you were prevue to it so you can't comment. All you know is the dark ages where noone was left. And the field of competition that was left was rank with tweakers and hackers. Not to say that there was no cheating, and in comparison the numbers are pretty much the same... but the averages are where its different. these are figurative numbers, but lets say a generous 2% of cheaters in 98 as opposed to a whopping 50-75% 2000+. So ya you might have 30 guys cheating at any given time throughout the history of jk(probably a lot more later on around late 99 early 2000), the difference was it was 2% of the field in 98, and 50%+ in 2001.

competitive play is what drives games. It's sad you failed to recognize the fact I listed CS and SC, two gigantic international games that dwarf anything you've participated in competitively. It's just too bad you are too in the dark to realize what gaming communities thrive on.

Maybe its time you faced facts, the majority of people here are people who were in the know during their particular generations; they are NOT star wars fanboys. We are STILL here. Seems like the heart of the community to me. The core of the community is not little pissants who probably had an irrepressible desire to challenge authority as a teenager because they were so fucked up and socially awkward. Which translated into their online life to the point they needed to whine like a little fucking bitch and segregate themselves from the community and point fingers saying "those guys are just stupid fucking assholes wah he said mean internet words to me".

i see such a comical correlation between the slow decay of competitive jk, and the subsequent death of the game in general... what a coincidence!!!

bye.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/10/2007 9:26 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

funny, i dont recall ever saying DSbr played CS? and yes I know what cases ladder is...

I played CS since the very first beta so I saw the game rise and fall first hand. I can personally tell you that it was nothing like JK's community. Unfortunately you have absolutely NO WAY of being able to draw any sort of comparisons because you did not experience and have no concept of what the JK community was like... and I seriously doubt you have any idea of what the CS community was like either. Perhaps you should just bend over and listen to your elders.

as i stated earlier "even in ladders height, NOONE went to nar for it. You are definately dating yourself and descrediting your entire argument."

as for cwt, it stood for CLAN WORLD TOURNAMENT... key word being tournament, it was not a league and it spanned MANY different games at the time.

as you have made it abundantly clear by the way you have dated yourself... you have absolutely no clue as to what the community was like at the PEAK of the game. And continually to prove to me how you started playing jk when it was dead. So yes, 2% of the community at the most I expect were cheaters during the "glory" days. Mostly due to the fact that they were not computer nerds like yourself and were very young thus had no concept of manipulating game play.

as for RTS and SC... you can disrespect it all you want. But if you account for the fact that it was pretty much the national "sport" in Korea. And some people actually made a living off of it. Then when i say i had beaten some of the top korean teams it means i was in the know. and not some stupid newbie like yourself who just made cool maps for newbies to play.

but like every game, cool maps arent the core of the community. its competition. and if you indeed did play "competitive" CS, then you would not be able to refute this point. You are a fucking tool.

but the fact your only argument is "cheating" is absolutely ridiculous. You are nothing to this game, you did nothing to contribute to it, you did not participate in this game in any way while it was relevant. You are clinging to a moot point that proves nothing. So perhaps you should shut up and respect what came before you; because we are the people that made this game, and we are the reason you picked it up 4 years after it died. You and your peers are just making a travesty of how great this game actually was.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/10/2007 6:57 pm
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

You must be on some serious shit to think your tournaments or your clan rather, made the game /community what it was. lol... Your little e-room at the bottom of the zone page was meaningless and only lit up in the eyes of the losers that wanted to make "names" for themselves by running the typical Oasis FF/NF dur dur retard settings.

Truth be told, JK was made by "COOL MAPS" and "COOL MODS" THAT'S what this game is known for. For it's amazing ability to be edited and modified to fit ANYTHING. BGJ/OASIS never held 75 rooms / 800 players of Nar so please do yourself and everyone who carries the same mentality a favor and stab yourself. Do you honestly believe that you and your faggot friends would even have a community were it BGJ OASIS FF for 10 years? Get a grip and jump off that fairy cloud you live on.

I've been around since the beginning of this game, from trial through all other Lobbies... Ladders/Tournaments HARDLY meant anything to anyone but the morons who thought they would be e-famous off it.

Let's get serious pal. muah.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2007 1:28 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

To further prove my point and ridicule you some more.

10 years later, only a handful of players exist...

90% of them are editors STILL editing the game. Which proves the impact editing has on the precious community...

The other percentages are filled by either those that actually enjoy and play the game, or dumbasses like yourself that "cling on" to a belief that their "clan" and their "games" made the game.

You are meaningless to JK. The only reason you ARE anything is because it's your ignorance that makes gameplay fun. 🙄

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2007 1:48 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Look guys. I think you're making a storm in a glass of watter. The point here isn't how long the current JKers have been playing the game, it isn't what we liked or disliked about the old days or what we like or dislike about the present days, etc. I'm sure everyone have their own ideas about all those topics, and they are all equally valid.
I don't see the point about getting into such a big arguement... Why we should condemn someone because they like the competitiveness or don't? Just let it be!. If some people likes to duscuss who was the best in '97 or in the '97/'99 period, or even brag about how good they are/were, it's ok with me. Even when i couldn't care less... if someone wants to talk about it, go ahead and do it, i don't mind.

On the other hand, if someone posts a technical question in the wrong sub-forum (or any other caase), it's not such a big deal, but if the admins move it to the right board to keep things organized, i don't see how that could bother the author of the post, all the contrary, he probably would get a better and faster reply thanks to that.

But if someone makes an innocent comment, and someone else harasses him with no reason, just for being a noob, or any other reason... well, that kind of behabior can't be accepted. Nothing gives you the rightto harass or bother people, and being an old timer is not an exception.

So, my sugestion to you is "Let it be", don't make a big deal of something if it doesn't bother anyone, let people come here to do or talk about anything they like (editing, competitiveness or anything at all), and if you don't care about what others like or talk about, don't try to stop them or turn them your way, just stay out of their conversation. Is that such a hard thing to do?

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2007 8:08 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

i have never once said DSbr made this game, or ever said you made a SC map...

fuck you editors are smart like dump truck...

notice how I was speaking about competitive players then using the word WE. how fucking dense are you guys?

wacko... you are full of it. you wernt around since the beginning...

you are right lets get serious for a second... although you continue to date yourself by throwing cwt in the same breath as cases. First off nar never held 800 people *claps*... second peoples first choice was nar because it was the first room thus naturally was the peoples choice. and actually if you were in fact around back then you'd know oasis was full too. And would have noticed over 100 of the most skilled jk players in the tournament room every time cwt put on an event. As for all those people waiting to get in to nar... 80% of those clans at least attempted to play in cwt's back in the day, and had ladder representatives from their MOST SKILLED members also. Why? because Accolaids is what people in life strive for. I Know you are all fucking burnouts who will be editing jk in your moms basement for the rest of your life, but normal people have a desire to compete and get better - to WIN. That is what drives everything in life. you are not the majority so maybe you should wake up. I know you dont have a fucking clue because you are post 2000 though otherwise you would have known that.

and ness, no i dont get pissed off that you played to relax, what i do find laughable is that you burnouts think you were the backbone of this community; because the reality is the competitive community was the backbone when this game mattered. but when you get your dyslexia looked at maybe i'll try speaking to you again. I guess all that editing and your 80 hours a week of gaming has rotted your brain

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/10/2007 8:52 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

i have never once said DSbr made this game, or ever said you made a SC map...

f**k you editors are smart like dump truck...

notice how I was speaking about competitive players then using the word WE. how f***ing dense are you guys?

wacko... you are full of it. you wernt around since the beginning...

you are right lets get serious for a second... although you continue to date yourself by throwing cwt in the same breath as cases. First off nar never held 800 people *claps*... second peoples first choice was nar because it was the first room thus naturally was the peoples choice. and actually if you were in fact around back then you'd know oasis was full too. And would have noticed over 100 of the most skilled jk players in the tournament room every time cwt put on an event. As for all those people waiting to get in to nar... 80% of those clans at least attempted to play in cwt's back in the day, and had ladder representatives from their MOST SKILLED members also. Why? because Accolaids is what people in life strive for. I Know you are all fing burnouts who will be editing jk in your moms basement for the rest of your life, but normal people have a desire to compete and get better - to WIN. That is what drives everything in life. you are not the majority so maybe you should wake up. I know you dont have a fing clue because you are post 2000 though otherwise you would have known that.

and ness, no i dont get pissed off that you played to relax, what i do find laughable is that you burnouts think you were the backbone of this community; because the reality is the competitive community was the backbone when this game mattered. but when you get your dyslexia looked at maybe i'll try speaking to you again. I guess all that editing and your 80 hours a week of gaming has rotted your brain

Wow sorry, let's correct it then since you obviously need your hand held. NAAAAR SHAAAAADDAAAA, CAAAANYON OAAAAAASIS, DAAAAARK PAAAAAAALACE, TRIAAAAAAAL.

Wow really? Nar is first so people go to nar first? No shit. You're kidding.

You're really arguing nothing here... You obviously want to remember JK as some fantasy world where you dominated (supposedly)... 95% of clans had a life span of weeks, months, maybe a year. You're full of shit pal. Noone cares about skilled players in your little baby Tourney room that held 4 rooms within the lobby. Get real.

The game / community was developed by shit talkers, TRUE PLAYERS, hackers, editors, mods, maps, programmers, and yes also "competitors". But it is barely the only reason - and to believe so is just... STUPID.

JK stayed alive through editing and fans of both the saga of Star Wars and the gameplay it brought. Again... NEITHER (again I hold your hand), NAAAAAAAR SHADDAAAAA, OAAAAAASIS, DARK PALAAAAAACE, OR TRIAAAAL held 75 rooms of "competition" or tournaments. Not saying it didn't exist, it just didn't make a "community" - so wake up tinkerbell.

BGJ OASIS would never have kept the game alive 10 years...

muah i love you, just shutup go away and hide in a closet. muah muah muah

By the way - you compete to get better and strive for more. You played the same people for years, same settings, same forces, same saber swings with different combinations at different latencies. Great strive... good to know that's what you define as "competition" and your "desire to WIN".

The community plays to play - most "normal people" know it's just a game and don't relate it to true challenges in life. fuck, i love you so much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2007 9:45 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

While I am not part of the 97' fan community, I have played since 98', though I haven't played multi-player since 2000. I'm not the best, I will admit that, but that isn't what the game, or this site, is about. Are we going to host clan stats? Sure, but that doesn't mean we're going to mock the losing clan. It's for fun, and that's what makes JK and its community so great.

I believe in people and their ability to make choices, but that doesn't mean rules aren't necessary as well as allowing people to spit on other people, need I remind you, you don't even know. Competition is good and what helps people keep going on and using their free will, but it certainly is the only part of something such as this community. In fact, it should and really does play a small role. I'd also like to say that you have broken a new rule (not in effect yet, but certainly will be soon.) in that you cursed and bypassed (tried) the censor. This is a warning, but if it's done again we may not give another.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2007 11:33 am
 Mask
(@mask)
Trusted Member

i dont much get access to the net or a comp anymore, but the chances I do ..I fly by here for shits and giggles.. and to read some good old jk bs threads. shit, Now I see all these new pussy boy scouts.. with board powers and new fucking big ideas for the future of jk, by locking threads, introducing bs rules and acting like all around mummys boys. Its like revenge of the fucking jk nerds that never got good or saw jk at it's best, getting there own back with there new little found powers. Good job, I can see this place turning into another gay starwars fan site for spork newbs and dorks real fast.

jkle_djewbie, i dont know what you have stuck up your ass, but its hard and long and you need to pull it out and lighten the fuck up. your such a little pussy nigger.. wah wah wah you cursed, wah wah ima censor, stupid fuck.

I Know I won't bother coming back here again..I'll whore my old UT forums, where most people from Jk I knew..are anyway.. people arnt censored over there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2007 2:26 pm
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

jkle_djewbie, i dont know what you have stuck up your ass, but its hard and long and you need to pull it out and lighten the fuck up. your such a little pussy nigger.. wah wah wah you cursed, wah wah ima censor, stupid fuck.

Really mature, Mask. Just because a few threads (That totally deserved to be locked, by the way) are locked people go insane. It's not personal, and it's on the internet! You're multi-player gaming status doesn't determine weather or not you're worthy to make judgment regarding rules. It's a game world, not real.

The JK Community isn't made up of just adults, anyway, Mask. Kids as young as 12 can access this forum freely; I, for one, don't want anyone that young seeing the crap some of you post. It isn't a flame fest, it's a Community Discussion Forum. By the way, learn to type, it might suit your case better. This is over anyway; this has turned into an argument over something simple and not trivial at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2007 3:37 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

you're right wacko... i would say all those things if i sucked at life in general too. I guess if i didn't have the capacity to be competitive in anything(life included), i'd try and fabricate a claim to fame as well, only after the overwhelming majority is gone so noone can refute it. Maybe i'd even think the way you do too! its ok to be a loser under certain circumstances!

whats with all the "muah"? guess you are taking a turn down the same road legacy did. Maybe you are injecting yourself with estrogen instead of e-steroids!

You guys were all wannabes when you played, and nothing has changed haha. To be honest, it's kind of sad that you feel complacency is acceptable in any circumstance. But I guess a life of mediocrity is OK with you; honestly, why stand out when you could just blend in! Winners like to win - regardless of the situation, activity, importance, etc.; and losers say things like, "oh its just a game". You will be saying "oh its just a promotion" in the very near future, im sure of it.

oh well, like mask said, have fun with your fanboy site.

cheers!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/10/2007 11:44 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

I'd have to agree with Neesight. When you grow up, realize that there are more important things in life then how well you do in multi-player games (it's not real, and doesn't account for anything.) and that it doesn't make you better off in any way, we can talk. Until then, please just leave, as I grow tired of having to debate a non-trivial and easy to understand topic. Good Bye, Farewell, and thanks for all the fish.

Winners like to win - regardless of the situation, activity, importance, etc.; and losers say things like, "oh its just a game". You will be saying "oh its just a promotion" in the very near future, im sure of it.

I was given this job to help clean up the forums; I didn't just think of it out of the blue: It was needed and it's being executed. I am playing to win; win for the entire JK Community. That means players who play like it's meant to be played: as a game to have fun with. So, again, if you're going to leave, leave.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2007 12:50 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback