Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The New Forum Theory

(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

Hello everyone.

After some discussion with Vallo (and he with Andrew) we have formed a new theory about the forums and JKDF2.Net. Due to the increased spam, flame and other uncontrollable issues with these forums, the idea is to keep these forums as the base for the new JKDF2.net, containing the stat information, and other pages that can be used only internally by the site and not for discussion.

Then, we'd create a new Community discussion forum with the same kind of forums (excluding the Flame Forum, at least in my opinion.) and having the sub-forums for the clans to place there event and stat information in. We'd have the new rules that we drafted and moderation to keep it a amicable community forum. So, as we like democracy, we should vote on it. Choose the choice that you feel we should make, and then tell us why. We're pretty set on doing this but we'd like the staff's input.

Topic starter Posted : 06/10/2007 6:43 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

hmmm... Before answering i have to ask you guys something. Like i said somewhere before, since a couple of weeks now i've realized i don't find spam posts anymore, and that's pretty weird to me because i used to delete a couple of dozens everyday.
Having that in mind, i think the spam problem seems to be under control these days. But i'm not sure if that's acurate. I don't know if maybe these days you guys are deleting the spam posts before i can find them? Or they aren't showing up at all lately?

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2007 4:56 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

I understand...
But i still don't know what to answer... It'd be a good way to solve this problem once and all (at least untill they find us again), but on the other hand, maybe we'd lose some members 'cause of the re-register issue... :?

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2007 1:54 pm
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

While this is true, you also have to remember that not every one of the 3,000 plus members is a.) real b.) participating and c.) active anymore. A mass e-mail I'm should could be sent out to all current members.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/10/2007 11:37 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Yeah, you guys are probably right on that one :wink: . Also, if someone decides to come back after a while, the site's addy is the same, and re-registering is not such a big hussle after all.

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2007 6:37 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Well, some new spam bots are showing up these days again... It's not too bad for now, but i had to delete around half a dozen threads between yesterday and today... I'm affraid another serious spam attack could be waiting for us around the corner :roll:

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2007 3:37 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

Looking at the forums, activity has gone down but the spam bots haven't. I believe banning members is due, as well as a thread purge before JK V4 hits.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/11/2007 5:39 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Yeah... i think you're right about that

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2007 1:17 pm
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Spam is dealt with. You will have flamers no matter where your forum is. It's important that the CMS and the discussion forums are on the same system because the site is, quite simply, integrated with the forum. Due to limitations in phpBBFA, I simply can't seperate CMS and other forums. However, it might be possible for me to eliminate the CMS forums from administrator view, the list of forums is certaintly an eyesore).

Any more ideas?

- ReT

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2007 10:41 am
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Agreed. Two thumbs up!

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2007 3:42 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

If we keep the Flame Forums, at least we'll have a place to dump the flaming threads. That way people also can't complain that their right to freedom of speech is denied.

Technically, under the US Law, they don't have freedom of speech here. Why? It's privatively owned by ReT, and they do not have to join up. They have a "right to say," kinda,but they don't have a right to be heard at all. There are many other forums that contain flame fest because they have rules and regulations against having them in the first place.... Not to sound too nerdy here, but I suggest we all do some looking at more popular forums and see why they are so successful. However, I doubt you'll find one with a "Flame Forum." But, it's not my call, it's my suggestion.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2007 9:16 am
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback