Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions for the Forums

(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

Hey guys, these are a few suggestions I have for the forums.

1.) Thread Indexes in forums to keep the threads that are heavily used and likely doomed to be repeated.

2.) Removing useless threads. Not sure which ones are exactly "useless", but I know some are just there.

3.) Deleting old, redundant threads/ moving them to the the "trash" forum.

4.) Making a list of forum staff and letting everyone know what they do and such.

5.) Administrators seems to have control over an avatar gallery; perhaps this should be used to give the members JK and Sta Wars avatars?

That's about it. Remember, these are only suggestions. πŸ™‚

Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2007 12:11 pm
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

Here are some forums I believe that should be deleted/consolidated:

1. Jedi Knight Single Player should go with Jedi Knight Forum.

2. The Cog Forum should be combined with the support forum.

3. Get rid of the Jedi Knight Flame Forum; it helps in no way to the JK Community.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/10/2007 10:33 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

On the last part, we probably should remove them as it might seem we tolerate it and I know ReT never condoned it.

but I can understand some of his opinions when it comes to locking/moving topics as that's the same kind of trash Massassi pulls whenever someone who isn't a regular

But the difference is we aren't doing it for laughs or just because we can, we're doing it to clear the way for logical and productive threads when JKDF2.Net relaunches. If we want this to be "The Center For JK Online Gaming," we're going to have to make it amicable and community minded. It seems that some people are taking the lock threads as personal when they aren't; how could they be?

By the way, is SM going to get a sub-forum here? I just had a good idea for the stats and such if a clan already has forums and doesn't want to move them: They will be used to post tournaments, events, but more importantly stats so they can be manually added.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/10/2007 1:48 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

I don't know, Nesseight. Maybe we don't need a Political and a Religious forums... who knows. And maybe that kind of topics could go in the general discution forums. But i don't think all that could be said in there is "nothing but hard feelings". I talk about religion and mostly about politics all the time with lots of people, with no hard feelings at all. And i even remember seeing a couple of positive and constructive discutions in those forums which don't do harm to anybody.
And even more, THE best thing i've ever got from the JK community is not just having fun playing JK with people. It's that i made a number of friends who share my interests and ways of thinking about many things besides just a game.
So, what i'm saying is, if you guys think those forums should be removed, i have no problem with it. But don't ban political or religious discutions from the forums. That would be so unfair, and negative that i would seriously consider stepping out if such measures were taken and supported by anyone here.
Just a thought.

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2007 6:12 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

No, no. We wouldn't want to ban discussion; we'd want to consolidate it for easier seeing. Discussion is the only way a society, or community, and evolve and go on. Vallo, Andrew and I have an idea for the forums, and I'll post it in a separate thread.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/10/2007 6:31 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Alright, that's what i thought. :D

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2007 4:43 am
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ