Share:
Notifications
Clear all

"frog ok" -Jedi Master Luke

(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

Ahh...memories. This is the thread that came up in a random google search and brought me here.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=178835

After finding this forum last night, I spent some time searching the internet for anything related to MOTS. Turned out I deleted pretty much everything I had kept for years...don't remember when or why. But thankfully some stuff stayed online.

http://members.cox.net/maxpage/MOTS_History/

This is a Flash thing I made some time in 2001-2003 (not sure exactly) about my history of playing the game. After MOTS, I got into Unreal Tournament, and became one of the top players in that game, which was even more fun. Other known MOTS players that made names for themselves in UT were Suffo_NBK, Nicodemus, and to a lesser extent, Phoenix_NBK and Thoricatha_NBK. I also think that NiKoN from JK played UT too. I have a feeling that I even met him once at a UT lan. But I could be delusional lol....it was definitely someone from JK.

Anyway, I made a similar thing about my UT history.

http://members.cox.net/maxpage/UT_History/

And after searching the internet archives, I found a saved copy of my MOTS page from around the same time (2002 or so). Most of the main links on the left still seem to work.

http://web.archive.org/web/200502090340 ... x/mots.htm

Haha. Wow. Where did a whole decade go? Well, just putting this out there in case anybody ever checks this place. Peace.

Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2009 11:10 am
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

Take your time :)

Hell, this place alone has insane amounts of stuff. And incredibly enough, the screenshots still work. Wow.

http://members.tripod.com/JOTS_1/battles.htm

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2009 5:45 pm
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

Hehe I sent doom an apology in a PM on here :) I did treat him like shit back then, but I was a teenager myself. When I read some of the stuff I wrote back then, I can't believe how cocky I was lol. With age comes humility, I guess 8)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/02/2009 8:34 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

If that was true we'd live in a very different world, and and this forums would be a VERY different place! lol

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2009 1:28 pm
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

He sent me a PM, so it's all good. :D

Btw, if any of you guys wanna play some MOTS, let me know. I reinstalled it and set up all my multiplayer characters and stuff lol....ahh, nostalgia.

I tried just running around the levels and stuff, and some stuff I used to do, I can't even imagine how it's possible lol. Can't even come close to it now.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/03/2009 5:48 am
(@Anonymous)

I just wanted to let you all know that just because we don't play the game anymore, I still own all of you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2009 6:14 pm
(@Anonymous)

Was just searching for a way to get some graphics updates to work with the JK/MOTS versions of STEAM and came across this thread. So weird seeing all these familiar names from a decade ago!

I was only 13 when I was playing MOTS so undoubtedly said many an embarassing thing in those days 8) . I remember being 100% convinced that DIK were just a bunch of hackers as in my head I was unbeatable at scouts, yet AMERICANO beat me quite comfortably every time... After 10 years contemplation I've come to the realisation that he was probably just better than me :mrgreen: .

Hope you are all well, might fire up some MOTS multiplayer soon... Take care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2009 10:49 pm
(@Anonymous)

Holy shit its nutcase.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2009 10:54 am
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

LOL....DIK actually did cheat. Maybe not with hacks, but with other things. I remember Nico telling me Americano used some special gamepad where you could program any key to always be on, so he could have his opponent gripped from across the map simply by having him on the screen. Shit like that. Of course they denied everything while we were all playing, but he did admit to some stuff years later. Technically it's not hacks, but it sure was cheesy. Plus they all used each other's accounts, made up imaginary people, and basically lied about every single thing they ever said.

On top of that, they clearly took the game about 50 times more seriously than anybody else. Amer actually posted within the last couple years somewhere that they were writing a movie script about themselves in MOTS, and how he felt they "reached the pinnacle of gaming success" or some bs lol. Nico and I had a good laugh about that.

To even think that being a good clan (by cheating, no less) in a game with like 200 total players in the world is "the pinnacle of gaming success"....you've gotta be pretty delusional.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/10/2009 11:02 am
(@Anonymous)

hey uh
got this game on steam.

does this thing even work online anymore?
also you guys suck and im crying buckets of happiness for finding you jerks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2009 9:22 pm
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

lol roga!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/10/2009 5:59 pm
(@bar-tender)

So, how the hell have you guys been?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/01/2010 11:04 am
(@Anonymous)