Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WOW.... I don't even know where to begin

Page 1 / 2
(@dh_orko)

I'm not sure how many of you would remember me....

My name is Jared, a.k.a. DH_OrKO, GS_OrKO.

I was an extremely active JK player in 97-98. The first clan I was ever in was GS (Guardian Saberists). I was terrible when I first attempted to join, and it took several attempts and lots of practice to even be accepted to the clan.

I got really close with some of the GS guys and then took a break for a couple months, only to come back and find out that GS had been disbanded, and some of the original members were founding JCS (Jedi of the Crimson Star).

I decided to take a different route, though I had been approached about joining JCS, I opted to start my own clan.

I named the clan Digital Heroes, and put up a mediocre website and set out to recruit. It wasn't until I met DH_nerfherder that the clan really started to gain credibility in the community. He pretty much took over leadership and made something of the group. We won a ton of tournaments, and several of us rode out top 10 positions on Case's Ladder, including myself (ranked #2 before I quit).

There is a lot more to tell, but I just wanted to say that I am amazed to see that there is still a community (albeit underground) that functions on any level. I've been reading stuff on this forum and because of that I fully intend to search all over town tomorrow for a copy of the game.

I intend to post often, and play soon. Good to see you guys.

-Jared (DH_OrKO)

Topic starter Posted : 29/10/2008 9:45 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Good... I hope to catch you for a few games soon!

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2008 9:46 am
(@dh_orko)

Haven't been able to find a copy of the game anywhere in town....

I suppose I'll have to resort to EBAY. :x

Also, what the hell, like a billion views to this topic and NO POSTS?

Post people, let's get this thing rolling again!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/11/2008 7:13 pm
(@irn_thrash)

i think the thing i most remember about you was when you logged onto the zone with about 25 different OrKO names. :) That had to be in mid '98 I'd say.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2008 2:39 pm
(@silverstar_jcs)

Yes i remember you DH_Orko you were a killer NF saberist i remeber some ladder games and some good chats. DH clan where some very kool guys

Its Nice to see some old names here, It really takes me back πŸ™‚

Silverstar_JCS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/12/2008 2:25 pm
(@teflon_z)

Been ages since i last seen you or thrash or silver
You folks take care

πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2008 12:44 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

there goes the neighbourhood. digital herpes have returned.

i think there's an online copy somehwere orko, you'd probably have to ask in irc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2009 5:44 pm
(@dh_marc)

Hey there,
I used to play with DH during the quake 3 days late 99-2001, but filled in on JK2 games.

I remember playing IRN_Thrash and Teflon_Z a lot on tourney servers.

I also remember Orko key binding a million different name changes.

DH_Nerfherder got me to join with DH_Monty. I always wondered what happened to everyone.

Anyway, it would be way fun to get together and play a game sometime. JK2 or Quake 3 is great. New games too, if there are any fps games worth playing right now. It's always a good time playing with fun people who know how to play fps games well.

It's neat to

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2009 9:12 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Hey, wb. Hope to catch you for a game sometime.

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2009 4:32 am
(@the_exedore)
Eminent Member

What ever happened to Choda? I'm guessing the respond includes at least 2 stds and anal leakage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2009 6:02 pm
(@dh_influenza)

I haven't gone by Influenza for at least 8 or 9 years, but I remember trying out for DH - I had to play OrKO at nf sabers. I convinced my buddy FIRE to join also, and was active on Case's ladder, sabs nf tournaments, etc. Was never dominant, but I was a factor... Playing with Nerfherder, Element_God, JCS_Renegade, IRN, Atomics, etc etc. Good times.

Good to hear from you, OrKO!

flu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2009 7:30 am
(@Anonymous)

8========D

I miss the Zone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2009 5:17 am
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

..wow Orko and Flu... such a long long time

hi sexedore

JK - http://rapidshare.com/files/73784978/JK.zip

I can still remember being in GS and the breakup forming JCS and DH ;

i also still remember beating fire and flu 2v1 in bgj haha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2009 6:11 am
(@Anonymous)

Hmmm... Hello!

I wonder if we can find Nerf somehow...

dhluke aka DH_Luke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2009 10:44 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey all,

I hope everyone is well. Took me a while to be able to create an account. I ran into DH_Marc playing q3 a little while ago. Sadly, life doesn't offer me as much free time to play online these days. Anyone is welcome to track me down on Facebook or email me to shoot the shit. I may post here from time to time as talking about the old days seems more fun than what is going on today.

Nerf (Brent Parrish)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2009 2:09 am
Page 1 / 2
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ