Share:
Notifications
Clear all

where not allll dorks. what have you been up to in life?

Page 1 / 3
(@tybalt)
Eminent Member

maybe i missed a post similar to this before. if so oh well. im just curious what the people here turned into. i can look at most of the names that post on this forum and say that i knew them long before i know most of my real friends today. that of course was years ago. we were all kids in jr high (some of us were elementry school im sure) and now we are what 21+? everyone.

so ill start off.

for those who dont know, my real name is Mike and i enjoy bsing with people on myspace. im 22 years old. i went to college for 2 years then i didnt re-register because i didnt know wtf i was doing there. i worked at a bank for another year and a half. about 10 months ago i started seriously giving the military a thought and on may 22nd i signed up in the US Army active duty. this past thursday, feb 23, i finally completed ait (additional training that u do after basic) and now im home for 2 weeks of hrap (hometown recruiting) then im off to fort drum new york to start my first assignment. 10th mountain division damn straight!

Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2006 1:09 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

shoot my post didn't go through.. but hey mike wern't u originally from PA like me? haha

For those who don't me, my name is Eric and im from Pittsburgh.
I'm 21 go to the college at University of Pittsburgh.. majoring in mathematics education. I enjoy pretty much all sports,.intramural soccer and basketball are my favorites. Also, I'm on a fairly competetive ultimate frisbee team. I got a sweet car.. just need a sweet girl to go along with it. lol. That's about it, later peaps.. o ya Go Steelers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2006 4:33 am
(@tybalt)
Eminent Member

im from mercer county. its about 45 min north of pittsburgh. im a crazy steelers fan. i actually skipped out of a whole days worth of training down in georgia so i could party it up and watch the steelers win the superbowl. i definately payed for missing time tho.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2006 6:30 am
 PuN
(@pun)
Eminent Member

My real name is Brandon, and I go to a 4 year school in alabama.

I'm bout to turn 20 and im a KA

im currently fucking around in school and concentrate more on making cash illegally and having sex with girls much older than me. and forgetting to pull out...

i drive a white 95 Trans am (with all new parts, of course) and it vrooms around πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ when i take the T tops off it makes girls get naked (whether they want to or not)

i make more money in one day of work than all my buddies who work every day, and i sit around and get stoned

im on facebook if you wanna lick my balls electronically

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2006 9:53 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

cool.. i have a friend up here at college that lives in Mercer... his name is Steve Hozapel or something like that.. ring any bells?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2006 1:44 pm
(@prince_snoopy)

ok, I recognize a few of you, but not really those who have posted (besides yacko cracko) aaand yeah I duno. I'm always amazed at how sometimes people know me and I dont remember them lol πŸ™

anywho, I'm 21 now (yay!) and I go to school at Oregon Institute of Technology and am currently working on a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering. My plans are to go work for Google while I get my masters and Ph.D. in software engineering. AAaaannndddd umm... I joined a fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, and thats been pretty fun. Although recently there's been some kind of separation because they hate the friends I hang out with because we get high all day (it sure is fun, and man I write code like a mofo when im high).

I drive a badass Subaru WRX that I swapped a 3.3L H6 from a Subaru SVX. The cylinders are about the same size, just a little bigger so I sleeved the inside and changed some internals, twin-turboed it and made this badass impreza tranny to handle the power. I dynoed it in the summer and it was like almost 900AWHP and I've never fully 1/4ed it because seriously, all the power scares the shit outta me. When all wheels have no traction I can't explain how weird it reacts. I just really need to drive it more and go down and try shit out at an airport. But, I handle the gravel like nobody's business. Maybe sometime I'll make a video of me hauling ass in the woods up here... except I have studs on now lol it snows all the time :(.

And umm... I guess I'm still kind of a gamer, but really i have no time for games I'm so busy all the time.

Oh yeah, you should totally visit me on aim I'm PrinceSnoopy01 πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2006 11:45 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Real life: I have professional backgrounds in computer engineering and business as well as languages/culture. I have amateur-intermediate backgrounds in classical histories (various), antiquity, quantum physics, astrophysics, geography/travel (expedition planning). I am a semi-novice mountaineer who has climbed in 7 counties up to 6,096M (20,000ft) with ambitions of climbing in the AntArctic, Karakoram, and Himalaya. I played Ice Hockey from 9-18 and played Ultimate Frisbee from 19-present.

Online: I am a foremost chat whore and not one for gaming, I played Jedi Knight from 1997-present, and within that time played SC, R6, Q2, MotS, JO (all barely). Plus I haxd in JK and don't really care since my reputation resides within online presence and chronicling the history of JK (which many people do actually appreciate), gg

I figured I would do things different and make a stupid timeline of events

1981 Birth, Ted C Mayer III

1997 Yale College start (97-01), JK start (kali, heat, zone)

1998 Co-Founder of a consulting firm in New Haven, CT

1999 Microsoft sales rep (via the consulting firm)

2000 Forced retirement from hockey after 4th concussion

2001 Yale graduation
- met Hillary Clinton and President Bush
- IT Director at large pr firm (01-02)

2002 Harvard Business school start (Boston) (02-04)

2003 Alexander the Great expedition through Greece/Macedonia
- Climbing expedition in Greece
- met future wife
- senior engineer for an IT consulting firm (03-06)

2004 Harvard graduation
- met President Clinton

2005 Climbing expedition in the Rockies, Andes, Cascades

2006 wedding!
the future! πŸ˜›

Here is a picture of the wife and I taken a year ago

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2006 1:38 am
(@zodiac_vds)
Eminent Member

Interesting to see this thread. All you Americans!

I'm the first European guy here.. with a crazy European name: Guillaume. Which is a French name. Blame my ancestors and my parents for that.

It means William in English though, and some people just call me Will (confusing, since England is also Will) and at work they nicknamed me Kill Bill (long story).

Sooo.. I live in The Netherlands, also known as Holland. A densily populated country in Europe with the capital called Amsterdam that most people know due to its rep of whores/drugs. I hate Amsterdam. If there is one place where you'd not want to live, it is over there. It's filthy, the people are stupid, too many cracks/freaks on the street and too many tourists who give money to those junks.

I'm a 24yr old student, going for my Bachelor (final year) in Communication and Multimedia Design (designing interactive multimedia things, like PDAs, cellphones, websites, blabla).

In the times that I don't study I hang out with the gf and go to work. I'm currently working as a "sales advisor" in a camera store. But I'm stopping there in three weeks to start as a part time photographer in a club that's normally a dance club, but can also be hired for business things like dinners or fashion shows.

here a few pictures:

I wish I had a car though. But all the money is currently going into camera equipment .. and the girl. πŸ™

good. back to the americans πŸ˜›

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2006 2:26 pm
(@vds-padawan)
Eminent Member

lord almighty, tell her u got the sexiest brazilian buddy u have ever known!
she bitting that flyer or whatever its.. has got me drooling here!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2006 9:47 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

great shots mate, especially the first one

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2006 2:20 am
(@messiah_syk)

well seen as i've made 1 post i reckon i should make another!

I'm Ben if u don't know me! born in Sheffield, raised in a lil town nr Derby called Burton-on-Trent, UK and currently in the British Army(7 years in 3 days :0). Work as a telecommunications technician and been all over the world doin stuff for them: Poland, Czechoslovakia, Belgium, Holland, Canada, Belize, Brunei, Iraq(2003 when it all kicked off, not the fanny asses that are out there now!), The Falklands etc etc)
Just finished a course down in reading about Transistors and all that crap, electronics shite mainly and now posted to my new unit primarily based on bomb disposal. Just finished making a bomb mock up for the Imperial War Museum and i get to go everywhere that involves search and assisting the Royal Engineers with findin UXO etc! that means G-8 summits and Party conferences πŸ˜€

Awesome job and i'm lovin bein here in Cambridge cos its a bloody palace full of rich, posh sluts!

Ben

dont be a gimp ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2006 2:22 am
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

Name is Mark, 20 years old, currently a Junior in college going for civil engineering. I'm in Air Force ROTC, so after school I won't have to look for a job like a lot of you suckers =P

With any luck I'll get to join a Red Horse squadron someday =)

Red Horse = bad ass CE Squadrons in the AF

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2006 12:00 pm
(@england_vds)
Trusted Member

For those that dont know me, im Will and im 26 and I live a little south of Birmingham in the UK. I mostly played JK through A-Levels and University and gained a degree in Computer Science (yes, im a geek). Ive spent the last 5 yaers working in IT security, specifically around biometrics. Im currently working for one of the worlds leading biometrics comapnies as a senior consultant and have put in complete border protection in the United Arab Emerates and am now working with the CIA, FBI, British Inteligence, TSA, Home Office, etc, etc... unfortuatly it sounds cooler than it is, but its an intresting line of work which I am really enjoying right now as I get to travel the world with the job and am getting to see places that I would otherwise not see. I guess I have to take the rough with the smooth, this week I am in new Jersey and have been upto New York, down the DC, etc, really fun, in a few weeks Im going to Dubai and then Hawaii (ohhh yes!) but shortly after that Im off to Jordan and Iraq, which im not sure how I feel about as Im not in the military and therefore saftey might be a concern, but generally speaking, its kind of cool as I would otherwise not get to see these places.

I bougt my first place about 6 months back and am absolutly loving it, although decorating is never fun. In my spare time I obviously play video games (dont we all?) and am loving the 360 right now. I love my cars and seem to change it every other week, im picking up my new Evo FQ 340 when I get back from America next week and cant wait! I have no idea how they work mechanically, but you cant beat taking them to a track day and abusing them... or better still, renting a track special and abusing that! Currently single (thank god), and am loving the bachalor lifestyle right now.

Whats next for me, no idea... just see where life takes me I guess, but right now Im really happy, its just a shame I cant toggle life, 0x8 ftw eh Wodz? πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› And Zod, that blonde... I need to do things to her which are illigial in most of the world, rargh!

-[ VDS - You Know You Love It ]-

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2006 1:48 pm
(@hdk-omega)

Hey all, I have some free time so I'll post my bio too. I started playing jk when I was in high school, during my summer vacations every year, then in 1999 I went to mit to major in chemical engineering. During the summer of my junior year I did an internship in a microbiology lab, which really got me interested in the subject. After graduating in 2003, I took a couple years off to work in another laboratory that did work with developing DNA based vaccines against HIV. Last year, I started applying to md-phd programs, and this past septemeber I enrolled at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and I'm loving it so far. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to play games online anymore, which is why I still remember jk so well, it was first and pretty much only online gaming experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2006 3:28 pm
 PuN
(@pun)
Eminent Member

someone delete my retarded post, i look like a jackass. i think i was baked out of my gourd when i wrote that shit. but yeah thats me in a nutshell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2006 2:20 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ