Share:
Notifications
Clear all

We NEED a proper clan

(@tiberiusdraig)

:?: I was wondering if anyone has tried to get a clan together yet?

I am trying to get the community back together myself - if u want any help or anything about jk2 - jus email me: [email protected]

I will be on msn too if anyone wants to talk properly

GOOD LUCK!!!

TiberiusDRAIG

Topic starter Posted : 06/12/2005 3:51 am
(@tiberiusdraig)

i meant if u need anything to do with df2 not jk2 SORRY!

8)

TiberiusDRAIG

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/12/2005 7:55 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

whats the point of a clan anymore, there are no tournaments to play, no ladders... no real point in actual competition.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2005 3:31 pm
(@tiberiusdraig)

Thanks for your productive reply dude :P

If we get a clan together and try and get the community back together maybe it will make people go "actually, i loved that game"

What really is needed is to get a comp running on NarShadda at some point.

If not, it's never gonna pick up.

Every time ive tried to play on there it has been dead.

Everyone jus needs to pull together. I mean i LOVED DF2! it was like a religion. I know people who felt the same way too - so maybe a comp IS in order. But it's out of my hands - it's up to you good people.

WE HAVE FAITH!!

TiberiusDRAIG

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2005 5:19 am
(@jk_oldschooler)
Eminent Member

Uh, I tried, no1 apart from meh mamte joined. the site is http://www.sanzhoriannet.freeservers.com but I got everything wrong. I just have the listings. e-mail me at [email protected] if u wna join :?

Back to school, Back to school, to prove to my dad, I'm not a fool! I've got my luch, my boots tied tight, Oh back to school back to school....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2005 7:26 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

as much as i would love the jk community to be revived, its just not a realistic goal in my opinion, i loved playing jk and just being a member of the community as much as anyone. but their comes a time when we have to face facts. ok so you have 90 members registered here. but how many of them could be active members, i can come here when i check emails and such and skim over the board. but as far as finding the time to play an actual tournament or something, that i just dont have the time for anymore unless its a rare sunday afternoon when i dont have any prior commitments. i just think the days when the zone was bustling with 1200-1500 avid jk freaks at any given time are over :( i think its something of a minor miracle what you guys got going on in mIRC. we're all pretty much grown up now, and play this out of nostalgia, no kid in his right mind is going to pick this game up all of a sudden with a dead community when he could just go play q4 or some other new game. and personally i think the jk community thrived on its adolescent members. so without the influx of constant new members its pretty much a lost cause.

but hey i've been proven wrong before, so prove me wrong. im just saying you've got a frustrating road ahead of you. itll take alot of dedication on your part. So i wish you success cuz i'd love to be proven wrong at this.

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2005 10:00 am
(@jk_oldschooler)
Eminent Member

I'm correcting the above post: I'm 12 years old. I grew up with the demo of this game, I missed out on the old community, I want this back, see what It's like. Who's with me?

Back to school, Back to school, to prove to my dad, I'm not a fool! I've got my luch, my boots tied tight, Oh back to school back to school....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2005 4:24 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

like i said pretty much all of us, im sure there are a few exceptions...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2005 10:24 am
(@tiberiusdraig)

Lets just say, I have had my little brother and all his mates playing JK over my LAN practically every week. These kids are still in primary school. They like it because it is easy to get the hang of. They may not be up to much now - but by the time this all gets back on track, they are gonna be a challenge and a half.

It jus isn't in the public eye - fair enough - it wont ever be again. But these kids love it. Every star wars fan I know who has playe dit at mine who has never played it before (and I know a LOT of star wars fans) LOVED it. U are right tho - it is a struggle. I jus think it needs to be made simpler to get onto these servers. With zone, it was click and connect. Kids jus don't get the IP thing, I am sorry to say (with some exceptions). That in my opinion is why it doesnt get played. It is still a daddy of an online game.

Look at Day of Defeat. It is an old game, but it still has loads of players. It is due to the sheer number of servers and ease of use.

Is there a launcher that can be used? How easy is it to get hold of? These are the real questions.

TiberiusDRAIG

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/12/2005 11:16 am
(@sm-adjudicator)
Trusted Member

There is one clan for sure that really exists and still plays JK.

SM.

Ret might know other stuff.

Doesn't ownage call you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2005 12:05 pm
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

❓ I was wondering if anyone has tried to get a clan together yet?

Nope not that I know of, at least not in a while.

whats the point of a clan anymore, there are no tournaments to play, no ladders... no real point in actual competition.

That's true, but the creation of new clans might bring some of that back, dunno.

If we get a clan together and try and get the community back together maybe it will make people go "actually, i loved that game"

Yeah maybe, maybe not.

What really is needed is to get a comp running on NarShadda at some point.

What does this mean?

Every time ive tried to play on there it has been dead.

That's what the list of GMT times is for.

Everyone jus needs to pull together. I mean i LOVED DF2! it was like a religion. I know people who felt the same way too - so maybe a comp IS in order. But it's out of my hands - it's up to you good people.

Once again, what do you mean by a comp?

WE HAVE FAITH!!

Hehe. ;)

Uh, I tried, no1 apart from meh mamte joined. the site is http://www.sanzhoriannet.freeservers.com but I got everything wrong. I just have the listings. e-mail me at [email protected] if u wna join :?

No offense man, but that site sucks hard. No. 1 thing to gain recruits is image.

I'm correcting the above post: I'm 12 years old. I grew up with the demo of this game, I missed out on the old community, I want this back, see what It's like. Who's with me?

I'm sure we would all love to see a big comeback for JK, but it's really dependant on how many people we can get actively playing JK.

as much as i would love the jk community to be revived, its just not a realistic goal in my opinion, i loved playing jk and just being a member of the community as much as anyone. but their comes a time when we have to face facts. ok so you have 90 members registered here. but how many of them could be active members, i can come here when i check emails and such and skim over the board. but as far as finding the time to play an actual tournament or something, that i just dont have the time for anymore unless its a rare sunday afternoon when i dont have any prior commitments. i just think the days when the zone was bustling with 1200-1500 avid jk freaks at any given time are over :( i think its something of a minor miracle what you guys got going on in mIRC. we're all pretty much grown up now, and play this out of nostalgia, no kid in his right mind is going to pick this game up all of a sudden with a dead community when he could just go play q4 or some other new game. and personally i think the jk community thrived on its adolescent members. so without the influx of constant new members its pretty much a lost cause.

but hey i've been proven wrong before, so prove me wrong. im just saying you've got a frustrating road ahead of you. itll take alot of dedication on your part. So i wish you success cuz i'd love to be proven wrong at this.

Cheers!

Lots of good points there Phelan. However:

no kid in his right mind is going to pick this game up all of a sudden with a dead community when he could just go play q4 or some other new game.

I've seen it happen, I mean, we still have newbies after all this time, which I find pretty amazing considering the age of JK.

Anyway it comes down to this:

- Attempting to create a clan might not be realistic at this point(8 years into it, I don't think very many people want to)
- Creating a decent clan would involve a lot of work on your part(Recruiting, Site).
- I don't think there are enough active members willing to join a clan at this point.
- A established oldschool individual is far more likely to successfully start a decent clan. I don't know what your thoughts are, but you don't strike me as someone who has been around forever, and people looking to join a clan are going to want a leader that has been around a while, and acts professionally.

There is one clan for sure that really exists and still plays JK.

SM.

Ret might know other stuff.

yo or JCS maybe.

Lets just say, I have had my little brother and all his mates playing JK over my LAN practically every week. These kids are still in primary school. They like it because it is easy to get the hang of. They may not be up to much now - but by the time this all gets back on track, they are gonna be a challenge and a half.

It jus isn't in the public eye - fair enough - it wont ever be again. But these kids love it. Every star wars fan I know who has playe dit at mine who has never played it before (and I know a LOT of star wars fans) LOVED it. U are right tho - it is a struggle. I jus think it needs to be made simpler to get onto these servers. With zone, it was click and connect. Kids jus don't get the IP thing, I am sorry to say (with some exceptions). That in my opinion is why it doesnt get played. It is still a daddy of an online game.

Look at Day of Defeat. It is an old game, but it still has loads of players. It is due to the sheer number of servers and ease of use.

Is there a launcher that can be used? How easy is it to get hold of? These are the real questions.

One of the big problems and causes of JK's demise is the difficulty of finding places to play, especially now. Folks picking up the game at target aren't nessecarily going to find this site, even with a google search. ;)

The kids do love it, even tho it's an old game. :)

Right now there is no easy way to find game and join them, however if everyone on IRC went back to zone I believe JK that would be fantastic, but I think we all know that isn't going to happen. :(

Anyway, just my two cents. ;)

ReT

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2005 4:31 pm
(@sm-adjudicator)
Trusted Member

Yeah, I forgot about ORJ. Sorry.

I'm not sure what state yo is in, and I haven't seen many JCS members...

Doesn't ownage call you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2005 2:22 am
(@sm-adjudicator)
Trusted Member

Yeah... you guys should hang around IRC more often.

Doesn't ownage call you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2005 11:24 am
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback