Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Vista

(@badname1986)

Any advice on installing JK in Vista?

Topic starter Posted : 30/12/2007 5:16 pm
(@badname1986)

That didn't seem to work. Is there any other way?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/12/2007 8:16 pm
(@badname1986)

Yep, I followed that step-for-step, and it didn't work.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/01/2008 10:58 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

I still can't figure it out (specially since i don't have Vista), but i'll keep asking around. I know some people who managed to get JK to run on Vista, but i don't know how...

If i can find out anything, i'll post it right away. Sorry i can't help you for now...

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2008 2:26 am
(@badname1986)

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of looking myself, and I know that there's people that have done it... It's just a matter of finding out how. πŸ™„

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/01/2008 2:52 am
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of looking myself, and I know that there's people that have done it... It's just a matter of finding out how. :roll:

I need more information. What exactly is the problem? Please describe in detail. Screenshots are always helpful. ;)

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2008 11:05 am
(@badname1986)

Well, it's not me personally that's doing it, but I'm talking him through the instructions over the phone. After we do all the steps and he tries to run jk.exe, he gets a warning that says
ERR_CANNOT_LOAD_FILE
followed by a bunch of Japanese looking characters.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/01/2008 4:24 pm
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

It's not a compatibility issue. I've encountered it personally in the past. I believe it is related to install corruption. Are you installing from the JK CD or a downloaded copy(important, might be a problem with pirated copy)?

Also, run the JK uninstall, delete the Jedi Knight directory, and reinstall. Let me know what happens

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2008 5:13 pm
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Some further follow up:
I think it has to do with GOB corruption, specifically.

Another possibility is a DirectX issue, try reinstalling DirectX by upgrading to latest version(9?).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2008 5:17 pm
(@badname1986)

He's installing off of a copy I made of my legit JK. I'll have him try it tomorrow and let you know.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/01/2008 6:21 pm
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ