Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Top JK Players Of All Time (Cleaned Up)

Page 3 / 4
(@Anonymous)

5. dP_RaMpAgE “No one knows this but I trained him in oasis FF and he became elite”

lol @ r4mp being on a list of top anything

1. dP_SpAnKeR “I know this is the obvious choice but all cockiness aside, /true 1”

caught using bacta hacks in a 1v1 against me and i still won, nice try spanker, gj never beating me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2010 11:39 pm
(@Anonymous)

also

4. JaG_AssKicker

sloth/goonies

dP_VeTMaN

lol

dP_Negs "nf guns"

who?

MDS_Phoenix “Good all around player, BGJ FF she was hard to beat”

lol

dP_Xecutioner “Another trainee of mine. No one knew it but he was pro nf gunner”

uhh.. who? hurrr, 'no one knew him but he was one of the best!!!'

HDK_Sheff "nf guns"

lol

I do miss the days of jk.

Hope everyone is doing well post JK days,

-dP_SpAnKeR

shut up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2010 11:45 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

reiko just give it up.. none of this matters

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2010 1:28 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

Give what up? I stated my opinion.

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2010 8:55 pm
(@dsbr-mode)
Trusted Member

eat a bag of dicks chronos

genetix is the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2010 11:47 am
(@dsbr_rhophein)
Eminent Member

hey guys posting this text for JZA because he cant make an account ... :

yo!

Some thoughts on BGJ FF, from the man who quite possibly logged more hours on it than anyone else:

-The guys I considered heavyweights were Jeb and Crazy. No one else was up there IMO, based on their results in our matches, and their level of movement, timing
and grip ability.

-There were guys who were very good, and there were guys who were SHIT HOT. Jeb + Crazy were those dudes - their movement, jumping and grip was just SICK.
They also played VERY INTELLIGENTLY, adapting their style to yours, and learning your patterns ultra-quick. I'm not saying they were equals - Jeb beat Crazy - but they were
both equally challenging for me to play against.

My wins over them were narrow and always took a few mins for every kill.
Scorelines of 10-7, 10-8, 20-14... etc. I do accept I did not play them at their absolute peaks (although it wasnt long after).

Suffice to say, I'd truly relish a matchup between "peak JZA" and "peak Jeb" - I'd honestly back myself, based on how good my movement became,
but then what right minded JK-elite wouldn't back himself ;)

---------

Other good players:

-Frost was awesome. His movement was slow and obvious but he was a fucking robot with his surge timing and sabering on the
cliff. He would never pull surge, he'd time it and run over it and slow the whole game down to his pace. Best teammate I've had + we won CWT
Gold together and gelled insanely well as a team.

-Luke was good. He was one of those guys who executed everything well, did everything nice and tight, very consistent.
But IMO he did not have the speed or movement genius of Jeb/Crazy. I started beating him earlier than I beat those guys,
and continued to do so with relative ease after I got good - in the region of 20-5 ish etc.
Crazy and Jeb came closer and pushed me harder. I always liked playing Luke though because he was so damn robotically consistent, and forced me
to bring up my weak areas because he always capitalised on mistakes.

-Darkstrike I never played 1v1. We played him in the semis in one of the BGJ FF 2v2 CWTs on our way to the final, and he was clearly sharp.
Jeb said that DS was one of the top few.

-Quake was another guy I'd have loved to play, but didnt get the chance.

Just FYI, Jeb rated Crazy as the guy who came closest to being his equal, before I got good. He had close games with Crazy,
Whereas he had scorelines of 20-1, 20-3 etc against Frost, Quake, Luke et al.

------

-Honorable mentions:

-WD_ReiKo, who became a carbon copy of Luke, but faster.
Again, consistent, punished mistakes, frustrating to play against.
A good player and a fast learner.

WLP_Gabrielle, for being the most tactical player I've ever played, even though the score difference was quite large.
Totally different playstyle to mine - she was all strategy, feints and timing, vs my raw speed, grip and jumps. Very slow and tactical oldschool playstyle.

-----

Ultimately, the best FFers were the FF gunners. I think Aeron and Spanker were on another level entirely when it came to reactions, raw talent and learning speed.
I think those guys were genetic freaks, born to play JK. I'm convinced that if they'd have put their time in on BGJ they would have been up there with me/Jeb/Crazy.

So... thats my take on BGJ FF. God knows I spent enough time running around that frickin' crashed ship with my glowing pole out ;) DSbr_JZA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2010 12:14 pm
(@Anonymous)

Good post JZA, I will add Crazy to the list of honorable mentions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2010 8:15 pm
(@subzero)
Reputable Member

add my balls to the list of honourable mentions

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2010 3:10 am
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

Spanker your list is way off. Revelation was mediocre plus AssKicker caught him with bacta hacks. He wasn't even as good as BSB DarkLord. And how can you make a NF guns list without having hydra on there?

You didn't have anyone from WD in your top 5 which is funny. I crushed everyone in your clan with nato as my partner. I even beat everyone in dP with WODZ as my partner using protection hahahhah. The only time I lost was to you and rain the second time and that's only because you stole my idea and had rain use protection! LOL! That kind of counts as a win I guess. WODZ bro. I beat your whole clan including you with WODZ. Me and reiko would crush you and rampage by at least 30 points so you can go ahead and take those two names out of the top 5.

And I've beaten you more times than you've beaten me at 1v1 in JK so you can go ahead and take yourself off of the #1 spot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2012 10:44 pm
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

phelan, saberist, genetix, and choda (nf players) are better than your brother at FF hehehehe. Not to mention people like Jo Mama, StRatoCaStR, PlaiD_Hoth, WD_Rage, WLP Punk, loper and tHc. I bet DSbr_Worm could beat him.

It was funny when I came back to JK after not playing in 2003 and there was this new clan that everyone said was the best called dP. And then I crushed them with nato and wodz as my team mates. LOL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2012 10:55 pm
(@dsbr-mode)
Trusted Member

dsbr had a couple members pretend to be random nobodies get invited (virutal dicksuck) to be in dp, they then got passwords to message boards and what not and completely tooled them before telling them who they really were.

those members were mat and genetix.

genetix is the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2012 10:24 am
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

mat and genetix were the two best members of the clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2012 5:28 pm
(@nefarious)

I can't speak for the new generation of players, but I can speak conclusively of the old/original generation.

EA_GEN_PATTON (later IRN_GEN_PATTON) was, hands down, the best FF player in the game. He played light side when everyone else was dark, and he smoked them. Jeb is no exception. Jeb was good, don't get me wrong, but he was not Patton's equal. No one touched Patton in FF guns, either. The guy was incredible.

NF guns, well, I'm not sure. There were a lot of good players, but I can't tell you who was top.

NF sabers... well, the people who knew back then probably still know. If you recognize my name at all, you probably have an idea. Wish the old community was still around...

BlaznSabr, Pure, DarkJester, MavSG... I've never forgotten you, my friends :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2014 3:55 pm
(@nds-mentat)

I was never "elite" in any category, but I was intermediate in everything at one point or another, but I thought I'd chime in anyhow, despite the inherent issues with these sorts of debates/discussions. First, despite the predominant consensus amongst the expert players, there are various ways in which JKDF2 can be played. For instance, despite the predominate method of playing NF guns (e.g. leave packs) amongst said players in Canyon Oasis, one could also play the game as it's meant to be played by default. Yes, the net-code made turning on the lightning trap a joke because it primarily only affected the host, so some points could be argued universally, but many of the elite players weren't quite as great when they were playing out of their comfort zone. I played many a decent player in said map that completely lost their shit when they weren't able to keep their pack or when they were forced to use weapons other than the Concussion Rifle. Also, as a result, many of these players were absolutely terrible at free-for-all's. Hell, not to pick on anyone, but I took out Nightmarez (granted, not an expert NF gunner) with a combination of Sequence Charges (mining the ramp health, etc.) & my Lightsaber 3 consecutive times in a game once, when he had access to a Rail Detonator &/or a Concussion Rifle. Also, some players didn't known Bespin Mining Station or Nar Shaddaa Loading Terminal from a hole in the wall. There were actually people that were total bad-asses when it came to maps with enclosed spaces (e.g. Blades of Death) that were absolutely terrible at playing in open spaces (e.g. Canyon Oasis). I know that the "best all-around player" was in another thread, but I think that many of you are overlooking the fact that many of those players wouldn't step out of Battleground Jedi or Canyon Oasis if their life depended on it. Unfortunately, since the expert players were the predominant voices in the community, those players that mastered other aspects & maps of the game are often forgotten, or at least overlooked. The point is that there can be a lot more to this game than armor/health control, footwork & aim--there are other tactics that a lot of you fail to consider when thinking about this subject.

DarkStrike (who was kind enough to train me & who I played often) was probably the best full force saberist that I ever played, & I played many great players. Yes, Luke & JZA were great too, but as an intermediate player, I was only able to kill DS when it was an accident (e.g. a midair saber hit) & the others I was at least able to kill purposely on occasion. Also, it's important to remember that style is important as well, just like it is in sports. I remember taking a run at Cases Ladder & beating one of the top 25 KDD guys 3-2 & then consistently losing to dr00me because of his bursting style--I wasn't equipped in dealing with it.

Also, Capture the Flag in JK was fantastic & anyone that doesn't respect that mode probably just doesn't get it. I know how they feel because I always thought that FF CTF was silly, but then again, one can develop skill in that particular area, & they would've wiped the floor with me had I tried it. I always considered my clanmates & I to be pretty damn good at NF CTF (though we're typically overlooked--especially when it came to Fusion or Ground Zero) & though we were able to compete well enough against the ETI & TF guys, we played against Genetix a few times (under an alias if I recall) in The Challenge At Nar Shaddaa & he was on an entirely different level.

Anyways, the generational debate/discussion is a bit silly, because we don't really know if any of the new players are better than any of the old players unless they played eachother in their primes, & that's not going to happen. However, I reject the idea that the expert players from 1997-1998 were automatically better because they were there first. Yes, there was probably more tough competition to force eachother to improve then, but there was still tough competition for years to come. I think that people tend to get caught up in some sort of historical nostalgia/romanticism about the early days, but tend to forget that they also continued to improve, & when they were playing people a few years later, they were better than when they played those guys back then, so they're essentially looking at players through a different lens.

P.S. Fuck DeadlyOne. That guy ruined so many fucking good CTF games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2014 3:14 am
(@thedarkhacker)
Estimable Member

His in-game name was "R A I N E" idk if anyone remembers him, but i think he was pretty damn good at ffo. Then again, that was like... 2001 perhaps... fuzzy memory. hard to think back :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2014 7:38 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback