Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Top JK Players Of All Time (Cleaned Up)

Page 1 / 4
(@Anonymous)

Before I give my list I need to set some parameters. The only settings I am considering are:

Oasis FF Dark Vs Dark 1v1
BGJ FF Dark Vs Dark 1v1
JI NF 1v1

If it is a team based game such as CTF or 2v2 NF/FF guns then there is no individual good player. It’s how two people worked together as a team.

5. dP_RaMpAgE “No one knows this but I trained him in oasis FF and he became elite”
4. JaG_AssKicker “In his prime was considered by many to be one of the best FF gunners”
3. DSbr_Narz “decent NF guns, decent at FF sabers, elite at Oasis FF”
2. DSbr_AeRoN “Solid player, will go down in history as an elite in FF / NF gunning"
1. dP_SpAnKeR “I know this is the obvious choice but all cockiness aside, /true 1”

Other Honorable mentions:
dP_VeTMaN "if he was better at ff gunning he would have a chance at top 5, great nf gunner"
dP_Negs "nf guns"
DSbr_Matt "nf guns"
DSbr_g3n "nf guns, Not that good at 1v1 but amazing nf team player”
DSbr_JZA "widely considered to be the best BGJ FF player of all time"
WD_Jeb "Old school, but most say he was the 2nd best BGJ FF player of all time"
Crazy "Sighted by JZA as a great BGJ FF player"
WD_NiGhtMaReZ “Logged more hours of JK than anyone. If there was a top 6 he would be #6”
MDS_Phoenix “Good all around player, BGJ FF she was hard to beat”
WD_Reiko “/pull 1, take away pull and he would never make this list”
dP_Xecutioner “Another trainee of mine. No one knew it but he was pro nf gunner”
WD_Death “Old school but very good ff gunner”
DSbr_VIPRaVeN “Decent ff gunner, decent nf gunner”
DSbr_Rhophien “I learned movement from this guy, really fast, avg aim. Also was in AaO with him in 1999, love you Rhoph”
DSbr_ReVeLatioN / dP_ReVeLaTioN "(My Brother) played Oasis FF mainly, also played a little NF guns"
HDK_Gresuf "nf guns"
HDK_Pointdexter "nf guns"
HDK_Sheff "nf guns"
HDK_Boobo "nf guns"
NKM_Allard "nf guns, known for his 400 ping"

JK Pioneers:
The following is a list of players that set the initial standard for how Jedi Knight would be played as it progressed. Undoubtedly if these players had not retired pre-Y2K they would have a real shot of being considered top elites.

KarmaPolice "Started DSbr played ff guns and nf sabers"
Porkchop “Did not use strafe to move. aka slow at getting around maps”
IRN_MacLeod "Played every setting, submitted by wodz"
Frost "Played BGJ FF primarily, also a decent ff gunner, submitted by WD_Reiko"
WD_Luke "Considered a top ff player. Known for putting his age in his name. Example: WD_Luke16"
WD_Gambit “Luke's training partner, bgj ff”

BSBMercyMan "He had to show up on this post somewhere :) This 50 year old played Jedi Knight from day one. Early in his jk career some would have considered him to be a top player but as time progressed he eventually gave up on trying to be good. Towards the end of his career he would only play 2v2 against newbie’s with his only remaining BSB member, BSBDarkLord (Also known as FatLord or DarkLard). Despite his Michael Jackson like career he can still be considered a pioneer of the game. No matter what generation of JK you are from you should know who BSBMercyMan is"

Players perspective on who was good is skewed by the fact that they were not good enough to tell who was really elite. For instance if a middle level ff player played someone better than him no matter how much better they were they would get crushed. Newbs can not tell the difference between a true tier 1 player and a tier 2/3 player.

You should take my top 5 list as gospel. If you are in my top 5 or Honorable mentions list your opinion might be valid. Otherwise take some notes and know that your perspective on who was good is in-accurate.

Wodz will tell you people from the super old days “1997 / 1998” were really good but it’s just not true. Players progress over time. However, everything else wodz tells you is pretty much true. He is a walking jk dictionary. DSbr_Rhophien wrote a great article summarizing why early adopters of the game that quit early can never be considered elite. My Brother (dP_Revelation) Also wrote a great article explaining how skill / talent progresses.

I do miss the days of jk.

Hope everyone is doing well post JK days,

-dP_SpAnKeR
http://www.quakelive.com Add Friend dP_jochs

PS. Baddies that thought they were good:
Anyone in BSB
Anyone in aQs
NATO
Crisis
THC
DSbr_Phelan
DSbr_Mike
nighthawk

Posted : 17/12/2009 2:45 pm
(@Anonymous)

The above has been verified by all currently contactable top players.

I am sure there will be complaining because everyone wants to be considered elite. Do me a favor though, when you read someones complaint check to see if they are in the "Baddies that thought they were good" section.

-dP_SpAnKeR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/12/2009 2:51 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

sorry, we both know that I beat you regularly. But keep lieing.

this pic is dedicated to you though. obviously chronos has chosen you to be the next jk historian.

re jk historian: someone who lacked the skill to play at a high level when people actually played the game, as well as lies about anything they accomplished in every aspect of their life, real and internet.

congrats!

P.S here's some more to your list that didn't get mentioned because you are a dumb fuck newbie who has no idea what he's talking about.

Gresuf
Pointdexter
DS
Frost
etc...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/12/2009 5:43 pm
(@darklips)

Hey Spank, weren't you in BSB with me ??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/12/2009 6:41 pm
(@Anonymous)

OMG it's darklips. Where did you come from? 1998 I was in BSB with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 2:34 am
(@Anonymous)

P.S here's some more to your list that didn't get mentioned

Gresuf
Pointdexter
DS
Frost
etc...

Fair enough ill start adding more NF gunners like Gresuf and Pointdexter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 2:57 am
(@Anonymous)

"Wodz will tell you people from the super old days “1997 / 1998” were really good but it’s just not true. Players progress over time. However, everything else wodz tells you is pretty much true. He is a walking jk dictionary. DSbr_Rhophien wrote a great article summarizing why early adopters of the game that quit early can never be considered elite."

I really didn't think no one could be dumber than pux but I think you take the fucking crown.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 5:51 am
(@Anonymous)

Spanker... how come you're not part of the pioneer list? I mean you say you played since 1997. Someone would think that you would have been recognized pre 2004 for being good?

Did you wait 7 years for everyone to leave to be the 'best'?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 5:58 am
(@darklips)

OMG it's darklips. Where did you come from? 1998 I was in BSB with you.

Hey Spank, I found this forum a fair while back, I keep an eye on it from time to time, there is just so much trash talk to read through first to find the good stuff :wink: . It does bring back memories of my very late nights and early mornings on the Zone to keep in touch with all my Pommy and Sepo friends :D

I think it's funny that the conversations haven't really changed, who's raping who, who is gay, who's a nigger. I didn't even talk like that when I was 10 years younger and playing JK, it must be an American thing lol

I don't think there will ever be a comunity like JK on the Zone again, it was a lot of fun (although I still have nightmares about AssKicker doing 360' spins and still pounding me with his Conc gun :( )

I think you made a valid point about MercyMan when I first started playing I always ran into him on public servers and couldn't believe how good he was at the time, hence why I joined BSB. It wasn't until I got better that I realised that all the really good players only played private games with people they knew, and I hadn't played against hardly any of them until I was good enough to make it fun. I never wanted to be a Clan jumper though so I stuck it out in BSB till the bitter end lol

Heres my old website, there some good screencaps of matches we were both in :mrgreen:

http://welcome.to/thebastards

Lips........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 8:14 am
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

My top three for each setting in no particular order(FF Guns & FF Sabers). Too many people played to make a bigger list.

FF Guns:
DSbr_AssKicker
DSbr_AeRoN
WD_Death

FF Sabers:
Jeb
WD_Luke18
DSbr_JZA

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 10:26 am
(@dsbr_rhophein)
Eminent Member

Hey Reiko what would you say for top 5 bgj ff?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 6:06 pm
(@Anonymous)

BGJ FF only is hard to make a list. In my opinion you have JZA / Jeb then you have everyone else tied for 3rd.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 9:11 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

you guys have no clue who DS is do you

your nf guns list is very funny btw. bobbo, allard, xec, vet, spanker, etc.

I love the brackets too(noone knows this but I trained this person and they became elite). When? in 2005?

Enjoy your illusions. It'll never change the fact that you were my bitch when I played, and you were desperate to have me join your guild. re: the dsbr ownage of dP board incident.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2009 9:31 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

Hey Reiko what would you say for top 5 bgj ff?

BGJ FF...

So in no particular order...

Jeb
WD_Luke18
DSbr_JZA
Frost
WD_Reiko

Again this is my list, I can only comment on people I have played. I've never played against DarkStrike or Quake. I have played HDK_Crazy so don't tell me I haven't. I didn't play him rusty either because he was playing for 1-2 months straight. oh and I believe on any given night any of these players could beat each other. I remember WD_Luke18 always saying that Jeb and Crazy would never let him host (even a slight advantage can help if every one is equally skilled).

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2009 7:32 am
(@nejja_)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2009 2:31 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback