Page 2 / 5
(@nejja_)

also wtf on your ut99 slideshow

ive never heard of one player in those screenshots from 6th tier ctf leagues

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2009 3:48 pm
(@dsbr-mode)
Trusted Member

i think nighthawk should be the true jedi knight historian where did you even find that old of a webpage rooskie?

genetix is the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2009 11:06 pm
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

Choda: MOTS wasn't dumb. You just sucked at it. But it's ok. I'm sure you sucked at JK too.

nighthawk: I don't need to lie. Caphuge was a nf saberist who dabbled in Soldiers. And fink was a nf saberist who rarely did ff sabers, I think. Either way, that match was in JK, before we even got into MOTS, and before we got good. Looks like you give too much credit to WD too.

neJJA: Your comment is the best part of the thread. I don't know how newbie you had to be in UT to not hear about some of the best players and clans in the history of the game, but it had to be pretty newbie. And yes, the screenshots contain some of the best players. Sorry that the #347 ranked team you were on didn't run into any of them. Or wait, you weren't good enough to be on any team? Ok.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2009 6:13 am
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

i think nighthawk should be the true jedi knight historian where did you even find that old of a webpage rooskie?

I have to give props where props are due. His internet stalking skills are pretty good.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2009 6:15 am
(@_gordakarn_)
Eminent Member

I understand where you're coming from with the mma vs boxing thing, but keep in mind they are two different things. A boxer can't beat an mma fighter in a mma match and a mma fighter can't beat a boxer in a boxing match. They are two areas of specialities with their own rules and regulations. A boxer has an advantage on his terms, and the mma has an advantage on theirs.

MOTS is basically JK with some added features, different levels and new modes of play.

Max, you posted a link to your site a few months ago on this message board. Plenty of people knew about it already. I've even looked at it myself.

People didn't wanna go to MOTS because it was different than JK and JK already had a huge following. Also MOTS had different levels that became popular in MOTS where as JK only had two that were really popular. Each game had their own set of levels. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

You could make an arguement about how the best player in oasis isn't worth shit in Blades of death. Why? It was because the player didn't have an interest nor a desire to prove anything in that level. It just wasn't fun to play for that individual. That's how die hard JKers viewed MOTS, and that is also how die hard MOTS players viewed JK.

If MOTS truly made people better JK players, then why is it that top MOTS players didn't dominate JK players? MOTS and JK are two different games with two different conditions. One thing mots and jk have in common is nf sabers. I've never heard of any top MOTS players ever beating top JK players in nf sabers. That is also a different arguement in itself.

One thing we do know, is that when JOTS played top clans of the time in JK, they didn't win. You guys moved onto MOTS and learned how to play that game and the levels and improved. This fact is also true for the people that stayed in JK, they got better.

From the description of the match, it sounds like Luke dominated both of those guys more than prodigy did. I would like to see how good those guys are nf sabers. Bring them online so I can play them.

<Nen> nf and his minions ruined JK for me forever
<Nen> nh*

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 7:37 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

pointless thread is pointless.

no one cares about mots. no one ever did.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 7:48 am
(@Anonymous)

This mots faggot spams it in every thread that he posts like it was some big accomplishment or something.

In my experience, people that were not good at jgay went to play mots. Why? It was pretty easy to get good in a mots room with 40-50 active users a day. I've never heard of any really good mots players yet even the mots faggots will remember the EA's, the KRT's the Dgaybr of the JK world.

If you will also point me to a copy of MOTS, I'll be glad to spank you in the level of your choice within an hour.

My last post in this gay thread

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 7:58 am
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

Gord you bring up some good points. Oh well, there's no doubt in my mind that MOTS took more skill than JK and was a better game overall. But of course, you guys are the exact opposite. I didn't expect anything else. People defend the games they played a lot and were good at.

And nightnoob, lol at you thinking that you'd ever get more than like -2 points against me in MOTS. You have no idea how outmatched you are.

Lastly, lol at people calling this thread useless or pointless. Hey geniuses, this is a forum for a video game that died A DECADE AGO. Calling anything on here pointless is kind of redundant.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2009 9:31 am
(@Anonymous)

Gord you bring up some good points. Oh well, there's no doubt in my mind that MOTS took more skill than JK and was a better game overall. But of course, you guys are the exact opposite. I didn't expect anything else. People defend the games they played a lot and were good at.

And nightnoob, lol at you thinking that you'd ever get more than like -2 points against me in MOTS. You have no idea how outmatched you are.

Lastly, lol at people calling this thread useless or pointless. Hey geniuses, this is a forum for a video game that died A DECADE AGO. Calling anything on here pointless is kind of redundant.

listen faggot

join the mirc channel and play or shut the fuck up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 10:41 am
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

Yeah, let me go and spend time owning some no name nooblet in a game neither one of us has. Great idea.

Btw, you mentioned you weren't posting here again. The urge to act all big on the internets is tough to resist though, huh?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2009 11:47 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

listen faggot

join the mirc channel and play or shut the fuck up

^---- I endorse this message

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 2:23 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

i really doubt that your 'nf saberists' put up 24 points on luke and prodigy

you can quit lying right about now

I agree...MOTS was fucking whack. Max, are you DHI][Max??? I can't see his ut99 slideshow, where is it?

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 8:05 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

also wtf on your ut99 slideshow

ive never heard of one player in those screenshots from 6th tier ctf leagues

lol...you've never heard of OGL and PG? Know your UT CTF before you start saying shit. I know Max from UT, and the people he's played with. Danimal, Fuze, Delerious, best players in UT CTF. OGL, TWL, & PG were the best ladders UT CTF had to offer. And yes Max, MOTS still sucks. JK > MOTS! Btw, Eternal > *** :mrgreen:

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 8:19 pm
(@dsbr-mode)
Trusted Member

i forgot that people actually played ut99. it was such a shit game.

genetix is the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2009 8:56 pm
(@jots_max)
Eminent Member

Nikon! What's up dude! Thanks for the backup regarding UT.

The MOTS vs JK argument can go back and forth (as shown in this thread), but someone saying that I didn't play with the best in UT was my favorite part of the thread. Because it just can't be any more wrong.

And wtf mode, UT99 was BY FAR the best of the UT series. It took way more skill than the dumbed-down jokes that were UT2003 and so on. It's like Tribes vs Tribes 2. The original took 50 times more skill. The second was easy as fuck to play, so more people could play it. Makes perfect sense from a business perspective. Same with UT. They took away half the skill, and replaced it with gimmick bullshit like jumping on walls and lame ass unbalanced vehicles.

Anyway, you can ask almost any serious UT player. Anybody that played UT99 will agree that it was way better than any of the sequels, even if they played those competitively. And sorry to say, it was also better than either JK or MOTS.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2009 7:23 am
Page 2 / 5
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback