Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Duels vs. Teams? NF 1 v 1 verses NF 2 v 2

(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

In your opinion,
1. What do you think took more skill to be good at duels or teams?
2. What was more fun to play duels or teams?
3. What do you think was the best 2 v 2 team combo ever for NF sabers?

My opinions
1. Duels took more skill. Less random lag hits, or backside hits. Teams took more awareness not to get hit, so in a way they took more focus. Dueling at times, if I was playing a defensive player nf sabers, I was almost lulled into napping sometimes.

2. Teams were definitely more fun. Lots of back and forth chat wars. Also, it was fun to switch opponents halfway through the match or just for kicks to mix it up.

3. Best 2 v 2 Combo ever out of what I played:
some considerations because I'm not sure and of course its impossible to tell:
Yackman and England, Yackman and Hexen, Vanion and Hexen, YO_Black and YO_Smack

Partnering with England and Hexen I do not ever remember losing a match. Ever. Of course, I did partner with only England and Hexen for a limited amount of time. Oxide and Axion were two of my other team partners for extended periods that I did really well with, but I do remember losing a couple games with Axion and Oxide. I do remember winning a tournament with Axion once, and I think with Oxide. I also won a tournament with Prince_TigerEye, who I believe was one of the aliases Neo had with Prince or that could have been Sacred_VDS.

Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2010 5:13 am
(@Anonymous)

no one gives a shit

you're a prince newbie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2010 6:27 am
(@Anonymous)

Teams took more skill -- obviously, if you consider teams involves dueling skills plus team skills.

I planned a lot of strategy with some of my regular wings, especially if we knew our opponents. Here's some strategies we'd apply, depending on who were playing (in BGJ):

One of us would defend the top of the Ramp keeping his opponent at the bottom of ramp and his strict attention; and the other wing would be dueling in Main (usually me). The Main guy would come up behind the opponent at the bottom of the Ramp and hit him in the back. Vise versa, the guy on the ramp would drop down from the ramp-cliff and hit the Main opponent in the back. Even if you wouldn't hit the guy in the back, you distract him, and then your wing would attack.

Sometimes we'd go into Main, and purposely duel so our backs were to the wall, and our opponents in the center; and then we'd intermittently would breakoff our duel, and go after our wing's opponent's back, or just keep distracting them.

Of course, my main wings would practice so that we would always try to keep ourselves on opposite ends of the opponent. You could do this constantly, even with 2v2.

Also, generally speaking, your opponents had a much weaker player. With my regular wings, I'd usually play the better opponent, and play him very defensively, slow things down, keep his attention and keep him in one spot (who know why, but they were always quite obliging). Even if the better opponent had more kills on me, than me on him, my ultra aggressive wing would rack-up the points on the weaker player. The only score that mattered is the team score. Worked like a charm.

Teams were much funner.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2010 10:12 am
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

I'd usually play the better opponent, and play him very defensively, slow things down, keep his attention and keep him in one spot (who know why, but they were always quite obliging). .

Sounds like you had a good strategy their sculpt. I did similiar usually taking the better opponent and playing defensively. I often didn't win point wise because of it. I always went for the best Kill death ratio though which I usually had.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2010 4:52 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

I would take on the better opponent because my partner usually sucked since I joined 2v2 tourney's under aliases in noob guilds for fun.

Upsetting IRN was probably the funniest one. Me and some random noob defeated DK and two stabs. I just told my noob to run away and not get killed. I got stopped with SLDR though in that tourney, kane and nemesis were too much for us. Kane tried to play super defensive and ended up losing a bit so when nem started focusing on me and his ungodly lag, kane made quick work of my partner. Probably could have won the tourney if they weren't in it though.

Funny the things you remember.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2010 3:05 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

what was Nemesis and Kain's sldr names? I don't even recall them being in SLDR

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/03/2010 10:52 am
(@subzero)
Reputable Member

of course you wouldnt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2010 4:11 pm
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

I think YO black and YO smack was the best team I've ever played against. I think they both took the same amount of skill. 1v1 was mostly cave and sometimes would run over into the main. non newbies would fight you in the ship but for the most part it is just cave main battling which is pretty gay if you ask me. so based on that I think 2v2 takes more skill. you can still avoid death you just cant let anyone get behind you or let them flank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2011 6:36 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

nemesis and kain

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2011 12:07 pm
(@niftysaber)
Estimable Member

nemesis and kain

lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2011 1:31 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

*shrugs* i was around for so long, I can't remember every ounce of JK history; it all blended together after 5 years of playing JK.

Anyhow good post shinji. It actually was logical.

*cheers*. So long all.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/05/2011 2:19 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

no you were just actually a giant noob back then and probably had no idea of who the top players were, or what they were doing during that era.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2011 5:38 pm
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback