Notifications
Clear all

All - time Rematches

Page 3 / 5
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Seph. (SLDR, KoAJ)

He is the only person that I was never able to beat. I am probably 0-6 lifetime against him. His lag was always strange and I had trouble even hitting him back in 98/99. He probably hacked. I mean, I know he lost matches, but he did often brag about how amazing and unbeatable he was.

Nemesis is my second choice. I could never beat his 9,000 ping. A bum using an original Pentium 75 with Windows 95 on a 14.4 had a better ping than this connection. I believe it was found out (and later explained by England_VDS) that Nemesis used programs to scew his packets up. Making him able to hit players, but no one could ever hit him. He could toggle this in some way to make it nearly undetectable. If the guy lived across the world from me and had 14.4, I could understand that. That is why I have never accused far off people, like Subzero or Morthe HaP of hacking. I always have horrible connections with them. I knew why and accepted that. Padawan was also one of the worst laggers. omg and Vanion..wtf almost all of VDS lagged like shit.

I remember when Patton raped me in Oasis NF (cases) 20-1. I am not worthy of rematching his skills. Same thing with Spanker, Vet, Bobbo, Phoenix. They could easily neg me in guns.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2007 8:36 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

looking at that list, i think there is a lot of people who could neg you at nf guns if they could...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2007 7:51 am
(@niftysaber)
Estimable Member

Wodz, to make you feel better, Seph did cheat πŸ˜€

When I joined his clan and we became real chill he used to ask if he could test his cogs on me lol.

He made them all himself too.

Not sure if he always cheated though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2007 9:23 am
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Phelan - not a lot of people could neg me in guns. Not in NF anyways.

Seph had such a large ego, yet he never played in AHP type tournies or CWT events that mattered. I still remember when he was a lapdog in SJD.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2007 8:34 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

the fact your list comprises of Spanker, Vet, Bobbo, Phoenix tells me 2 things...

1. you were a total newbie; none of them were exceptional, both bobbo and phoenix cheated. Spanker hacked. And i still managed to beat them all. vet is the only one i can give a clean rep to so he has the most respect from me out of the 4. and dont give me any crap about bobbo not cheating, i was very close with him from before i joined NK till the end of jk time, i saw his evolution first hand; from newbie to "elite", its a peculiar thing to have your internet connection be worse in 2001 than it was in 98... care to wager a guess as to what really was going on? phoenix was worse for lost packets. and spanker was an obvious toggler. infact in the time when matt joined dsbr, you might be aware that we were on irc and most of our guys playing quake/cs, we would still come back to the zone and fuck around. spanker/vet would want to team against dsbr all the time, any combination of myself gen matt and aeron would beat vet/spanker consistently without fail.

2. the fact that those are the people you listed also tells me you didnt play against any of the greats, i can name probably 20 gunners better than that lot throughout the time i played, and thats not figuring in the guys names i can't remember anymore. in no way shape or form am i including myself in that group either.

so yes, you would get negged by a hell of a lot of gunners. but i dont think you ever left the cave of bgj till after 2001 to realize that.

i guess ignorance is bliss eh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2007 2:39 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

Bob and Pho probably did hack. Even if they did cheat, they still managed to defeat a lot of people and earn some sort of reputation in the process. Does that mean everyone they ever beat was meaningless? Even if they perhaps didnt cheat when they beat certain people?

You are right about Gen and Aeron. I would easily put them higher than Vet and Spanker. Gen was great back in the day.

Im sure if I bothered to think it over, I could name a ton of great players as well, but I just dont care enough.

Things like this are not in the forefront of my mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2007 8:40 am
(@stjackie)
Estimable Member

The only skill left in this game at the time was knowing how to hit a lagger/toggler/hacker in nf sabers.. since there were a lot more tweakers coming out towards the end.. Sabers was all about connection/packet loss..

If you can FF in this game you probably had actual game skill... but all in all.. id play against any of the friends i had back then.. That was where the fun was..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2007 12:16 pm
(@xenox)
Eminent Member

Hardest thing for newbies to overcome in FF Oasis was all the different key combinations.

Once they became natural to you, it was then more a mind thing wether you were timing the surge or bacta/shields, than skill.
Although skill did make a difference aswell.

Great players could never win every game, it was oftern dictated on who managed to get the first kill.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2007 11:46 am
(@novacaine)
Estimable Member

Bob and Pho probably did hack. Even if they did cheat, they still managed to defeat a lot of people and earn some sort of reputation in the process. Does that mean everyone they ever beat was meaningless? Even if they perhaps didnt cheat when they beat certain people?

You are right about Gen and Aeron. I would easily put them higher than Vet and Spanker. Gen was great back in the day.

Im sure if I bothered to think it over, I could name a ton of great players as well, but I just dont care enough.

Things like this are not in the forefront of my mind.

If someone hacked,then their wins against someone were meaningless no matter who they did beat honestly...Because you don't know when they hacked or when they first started to hack.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2007 1:25 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

maybe you should put an asterix beside their name chronos...

ya nova is right; if someone had to cheat or hack to be reputable, their wins ARE meaningless. and they are not worth mentioning unless its a thread about people who had to cheat just to be above average players in jk... and to be honest, nf guns is not really worth mentioning post 2000. FF had some good guys after 2000 but I can say from experience nf guns did not. gresuf was probably the latest of the great or at least mentionables. everyone after that are newbies like spanker who played mo2 and timed both vests in an ffa or newbies who had to jump into the pool in an ffa because they wernt good enough to fight b2b. and if you knew anything about guns, anyone who felt the need to time vests in anything other than pride fights and tourneys were in my opinion a joke.

i think you should stick to name dropping because thats the only thing you were ever good at in jk chronos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/08/2007 7:25 pm
(@niftysaber)
Estimable Member

Barry Bonds hacked me in JK πŸ™

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2007 8:34 pm
 Wodz
(@wodz)
Reputable Member

phelan, i agree with your post. and i was never famous in jk for my gameplay. Anyone who thought I was the best player ever (like Legacy once said), is an idiot. name dropping is my forte.

jk died in 2000 and anything after is never worth talking about

ff was the only real setting, since it required real skill, not just fag timing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2007 6:52 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

well alright then. we are in agreement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2007 4:23 pm
(@irn-prozac)

Seph. (SLDR, KoAJ)

He is the only person that I was never able to beat. I am probably 0-6 lifetime against him. His lag was always strange and I had trouble even hitting him back in 98/99. He probably hacked. I mean, I know he lost matches, but he did often brag about how amazing and unbeatable he was.

Nemesis is my second choice. I could never beat his 9,000 ping. A bum using an original Pentium 75 with Windows 95 on a 14.4 had a better ping than this connection. I believe it was found out (and later explained by England_VDS) that Nemesis used programs to scew his packets up. Making him able to hit players, but no one could ever hit him. He could toggle this in some way to make it nearly undetectable. If the guy lived across the world from me and had 14.4, I could understand that. That is why I have never accused far off people, like Subzero or Morthe HaP of hacking. I always have horrible connections with them. I knew why and accepted that. Padawan was also one of the worst laggers. omg and Vanion..wtf almost all of VDS lagged like crud.

I remember when Patton raped me in Oasis NF (cases) 20-1. I am not worthy of rematching his skills. Same thing with Spanker, Vet, Bobbo, Phoenix. They could easily neg me in guns.

I'd buy Nem a cable modem, and play him in NF sabers... and I hate nf sabers.

I don't think i'd wast my match on a dual. I'd pull a mix of the coolest / best folks I used to play with, for one large rumble. Patton, MMX Man, Franklin, BudMan, Alchemist, Neo, Bobbo, PestControl and Alvin_Maker (they'd get rocked at guns, but I'd want them there anyway).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/12/2007 9:52 am
(@england_vds)
Trusted Member

Nemesis didnt have any form of cunning hack that gave him one way packet loss, he was not that sophisticated. Nemesis used the good old 09 god toggle for about 2 years, he was busted with this by myself, Oxide and a couple of others before we made the 09 detector public. In revenge he put a trojan onto Oxides PC and could see all of his online banking, had the msn address of his girlfriend, etc. The guy wasa knob. He later moved from 09 god toggle onto a slightly more sophisitcated (but still obvious) health toggle. Convieniently he quit when people started to require the ahp that would output your current health. Incidently, both oxide and I beat Nemesis 3-0 in under 5 minuets when we remotley disabled his god mode. He lacked any talent what-so-ever.

As for all time rematches, Vanion is the only son of a bitch that I never beat one on one so Id like to have another shot at that.

-[ VDS - You Know You Love It ]-

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2008 2:40 am
Page 3 / 5
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ