Share:
Notifications
Clear all

No way!? Yes way!

(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Hey folks,

As you can CLEARLY TELL, JKDF2.net is back!

Thanks to a donation from HooyerD, I was able the bring back the whole site, forums and everything.

JKSERVER will not be returning. However, HooyerD has plans to dedicate an entire cable connection to a Jedi Knight server! This is truely awesome, and the Jedi Knight community will have a reliable new Jedi Knight server to accompany the return of JKDF2.net. In addition, I will be dedicating an extra computer of mine towards hosting Jedi Knight, to supplement HooyerD's server.

JKDF2.net will undergo a revamp. Right now the site is restored AS IS. However, migrating hosts caused some problems. If you don't mind, please post any problems that you notice here:
https://www.jkdf2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6713#6713

So I welcome all Jedi Knight players back again. 🙂 Have fun.

- EAH_XxHeReTiKxX

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

Topic starter Posted : 28/04/2007 12:40 pm
(@lsf_nick)
Estimable Member

Let me be the first to say! Good work Ret, its like this site never left

JKLE will always be here for ya 8)

Now lets get back to JK hehe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2007 2:13 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Well, it looks i'm 2nd, hehe
Thanks a millon Ret, and HooyerD, i'm sooo exited about this!! 😀
I hope we all learned something from the past and things will run great this time...

Cheers!

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2007 3:04 pm
(@masterross08)
Trusted Member

Glad that the sites back Ret. Now all that needed is to keep the site focused on Jedi knight less will the site stray away again and end up in the same situation as last time.

The Force is strong with this one!
http://members.lycos.co.uk/jkle/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2007 5:14 pm
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Spam is driving me insane. I set user registration to Admin for the time being.

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2007 2:03 am
(@pectabyte)
Eminent Member

OH MAN! This is awsome! Thanks guys! Thanx HooyerD

Trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2007 9:24 am
(@hell-raiser)

Cool. So what will the dedicated servers be hosting?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2007 3:42 pm
(@_yo_vvasup_)

nice ret. this summer hopefully i can get everything installed again (shouldn't take more than a minute)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2007 6:23 pm
(@hooyerdillingham)
Eminent Member

Well Star Wars friends it will only get better from here. Server is testing and in business at 71.81.247.78 the game now is FF rotate. Always a good one. Level is subject to change if that's what it takes to get people in there and give it a good performance check. I moved my FTP and email and websurfing and forum chat over to DSL today. That means the JK server is only sharing the cable connection with the mirc jk channel that one other computer sits on 24/7. That will soon change and the JK server will stand alone on its own broadband connection. YIPPEE. I am using a laptop now to host the games but a faster desktop is standing by if there are performance issues. We are feeling things out now to determine what way to go. There are great benefits with sticking to the laptop but if it doesn't cut it, it will go. It seems fine so far with most latencies under 100, but the real test will come when it starts to host multiple games. Though we are testing the server it is basically up for good. Any improvements will be made with organized and brief outages. Improvements in the planning are:

1) Convert all apparatus over to UPS support so the games will continue in the event of power outages.

2)faster game server computer if needed.

3) Install a sophisticated Hotbrick loadbalancing router with REAL firewall capability and a heck of a lot more process/thruput power than any router I currently have. That will allow me to manage both broadband connections much easier and possibly have the server fail over to the DSL connection in case of cable outage. And last but not least, keep hacker Hank Scorpio at bay if he decides to enter my life and torment me again. Go ahead Hank, make my day.

4) Load server with more than one JK game, so we have choice.

Anyway just giving an update. Thanks ReT for the hard work on the site. I crash and burn when it comes to stuff like that. Take care all. HooyerD

Thank you God for giving me all of these Star Wars friends. May the Force be with us all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2007 3:43 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

All this sounds great, HooyerD!
I joined for a few minutes last night and the ping was at a top of around 300 (which is not bad at all, considering that i'm from Argentina)
Thanks again for this, i still can't believe it!!

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2007 3:31 am
(@vanillacoke)

YEAAHH LONG LIVE jK ; )
great to see that the community is up and running again.
If got cable here aswell so i think ill be hosting some jk games myself, i would also be interested in MOTS...
my ip : 84.114.30.68
however ill post here one or two days before

skype - nick: s.stetina
email: [email protected]

is any other jk-player using skype here? contact me..!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2007 10:30 am
 Echo
(@echo)
Eminent Member

This is the Re-Up

hi all :mrgreen:

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 RETURNED!! YAY and i am with it!

~Also known as
Myc
Nas
in Jedi Knight Jedi Academy~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2007 2:18 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

hey Echo

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2007 2:40 pm
(@subzero)
Reputable Member

good. now i can go back to kicking all of your arses.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2007 12:55 am
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

Fuck yeah.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2007 4:39 pm
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback