Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Gunners vs. Saberists

(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Well this sounds a bit involved to coordinate, if you know what I mean.

But it does sound fun. Maybe teams where there are like 4 saberists with FF vs. 2 gunners with NF? How does that sound?

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2005 7:22 am
(@wd_chewie)
Eminent Member

i valenteer to be a dark ff sabs player, im elite with it ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2005 1:10 am
 Kai
(@kai)

Hey!!
Im ready to play... anyone please say me the day and hour... and IP... ill be there :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2005 4:39 am
 Kai
(@kai)

When i'm not busy... i'm on mIRC... irc.holonet.org :P
my nick is Mano_Vini...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2005 4:55 am
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

JoS, vallo, Chewie, Kai, decide on a time and I'll see about setting up the server for it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/10/2005 8:25 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

i could tell you right now, you could have 10 gunners with nf and me as ff dark... i probably would neg every single one of you... even if you guys had speed and jump and vision i'd still walk away with it... having no force powers against a guy who knows how to grip and use dest. is suicide...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2005 10:09 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

ok you get 10 gunners and ill play you guys in oasis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2005 9:47 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

actually i think empire night club would be a great map for that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2005 9:50 am
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

JoS, vallo, Chewie, Kai, Phelan, maybe me, that's still only 6...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/12/2005 1:11 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

i think chewie is one of the guys that wants to be an ff saberist too though, there are a bunch of nf gunners in #jk on irc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2005 9:21 am
(@sm-adjudicator)
Trusted Member

I'm pretty good either way. My saber skills are a little rusty because I've only got JO besides JK to brush up on them, but I'm pretty good at guns... when they can deal a reasonable amount of damage.

Doesn't ownage call you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2005 3:28 pm
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

regular jk my friend... well if you all play ff sabers then get on irc some time and host a game so a bunch of us can play a bgj ff FFA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2005 3:32 pm
(@shinji)
Estimable Member

i'll take all the nf players out as long as i have mines fire 1. **edit** In fact give me lighty powers and I'd beat them with bowcaster fire 2 only.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2006 8:31 pm
(@kurganjknet)
Trusted Member

Honestly, if you throw force back into the equation, the question of guns vs. saberist is rather moot.

The way JK was originally designed, whether you did guns or sabers was determined by the map. A dueling level was really only suited to saber fighting (Or running around trying to get kills with your bryar I suppose, but how many chose that, except out of boredom?).

Unlike Jedi Outcast and Academy, I could count the players who ran around only with their lightsaber on Canyon Oasis on one hand, and none of them were that good (never won).

The lightsaber was powerful enough in a FF game that you could use it like any other weapon for a quick kill or when you were out of ammo.

However it wasn't as useful as it would become in later games, hence why guns were primo on so many maps. But that's not a weakness of the game, it's a strength. Saber dueling maps were for saber fighting, gun maps were for guns and you could also use sabers there as another weapon.

The dichotomy between people who wish to play BGJ all day and people who wish to play CO all day may be a valid one. I sugggest instead that we just rotate our maps so that everyone has a chance.

Maybe you never ever touched any other map in your entire run of the game, but would it hurt to learn something new? Get a taste and rediscover this game, I say!

Might as well not bore yourself with the same mode of play every time...

Try something new. Remember Mysteries of the Sith? Now THAT game had variety, and THAT game deserves a dedicated server. Would people run a server of that and ONLY run Personalities on Spaceport? I hope not. But the thing is, with a game with so much potential, it seems silly to limit it.

I'm shocked to find there are long time JK players who STILL haven't played MotS online yet! You are really missing out...

If we just want to saber duel all day long, we can do that already (and much better) in Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast.

What really makes this game fun and unique, IMHO, is the combination of guns, sabers and force... the speed, the 3-d movement around the map, etc. is virtually unmatched.

For me it was never "sabers vs. guns" it was simply "Sabers And Guns, as the map provides." Which I think was what the JK team (bless them) intended...

Again my 2 cents (steps off soap-box)

There Can Be Only One
Meatgrinder JKA Dedicated Server: 72.5.248.212:29070

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2006 12:09 pm
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback