Share:
Notifications
Clear all

mots game this weekend w/ personailities

Page 1 / 2
(@lsf_nick)
Estimable Member

69.180.215.175 - This weekend, Last time we had about 6 people, who is gonna join this time? JKLE anyone?

It is usually Mots normal rotate, but lets see what kurgan is up to

BTW: yes for now i am in JKLE, but will always remain faithful to LSF

Topic starter Posted : 03/10/2006 10:23 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Hey!!!
Good to see a new clan out there πŸ˜€
I have a couple of questions though...
Is Andrew a member of JKLE now?
Doesn't LSF support JK anymore?
And the other one, i've been playing JK alot since some time ago, but now you guys mention you'r gonna be playing Mots i startted looking for my CD. The thing is, i couldn't find it anywhere πŸ™ , then i tryed looking for it in Ares and other P2P programs with no luck at all, so to sum up... Does anybody have any idea where can i get Mots?
If i can get it back i'd love to get together for a game with you, guys πŸ˜‰

Cya!
And congratulations on the new clan!

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2006 7:50 am
(@lsf_nick)
Estimable Member

Yes I am in LSF still with all of myself, Probably the last member left in the legendary LSF clan but I am also a active member of a different kind of group that still activly play JK/mots today. While I am in the group of players, I still and will probably be the only member of another clan while in JKLE

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2006 2:02 pm
(@mitch)
Eminent Member

Hyde:

Download uTorrent or use another torrent client with this torrent:
http://isohunt.com/download/13071596/jedi+knight

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2006 2:51 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Thanks to all of you guys πŸ˜€
You are guessing right, i'd hate to have to buy the game again, after all i already payed the copyright the first time, so Lucasarts shouldn't be bothered if i download it this time πŸ˜›
I'll try in uTorrent right away and if everything goes fine, i'll be joining you this weekend for a game πŸ˜‰
btw, do you play just reg JK and Mots or you play them with SBX too?
Cya, and thanks again

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2006 8:03 am
(@dsbr-cobrakai)
Reputable Member

HI EVERYONE IM A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2006 8:07 am
(@kurganjknet)
Trusted Member

It's really sad that people don't have mots or can't locate their CD's.

Let's face it, people have asked me where to warez Mots, but I honestly have no friggin' clue, because I bought it back in the day. I never needed to download it.

Frankly, if you fire up ebay and search for "Mysteries of the Sith" (without quotes) you'll see dozens of matches. The game sells anywhere from 1 cent to 10$. And even with the complete manual, box, and original cd, it's pretty darned cheap.

I also don't know where to find the elusive CD crack from 1998/99. But it does exist, so if you really want to look for it, by my guest.

Anyway, it might seem silly to create a clan eight years after the game came out (I was never a clan guy), but who cares. I started running this server several weeks ago and the same people kept showing up, so now we're a group, however loosely it might be held together. πŸ˜‰

Some people wrote off MotS back in the day for whatever reasons, but they honestly missed out on a great game. And if you never learned it, give it a chance. Try it out with an open mind and try to learn it. I guarentee you, it's not a waste of time. Even if you don't care for the single player campaign, to my mind, MP is where its at. The saber control is even slightly better than JK (more accurate hit detection).

And just in case anyone wonders, I was never really into the whole "Zone scene" back in the day. Rather, I played on JediBoard, which was the IP board of JediKnight.net. I played on the zone maybe a dozen times in my 3 1/2 year career with both games, only when I couldn't find a game anywhere else. I feel for the folks who lost a home when it went down.

The community of course can never be as big as it was in its golden age, but still. No reason we can't have fun now. πŸ˜‰

So in that spirit, I say welcome, and glad to have you. πŸ˜‰

Nice to be a part of an old school group!

About the server: I'm on cable, but for MotS that's fine. I run the server Friday afternoon/evening Central time and Saturday and Sunday. I don't run it while I sleep, but I typically run it while I'm at work and also in the evening when I play. I don't always have time to play myself, but I leave it up for people to join.

There Can Be Only One
Meatgrinder JKA Dedicated Server: 72.5.248.212:29070

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2006 8:54 am
(@kurganjknet)
Trusted Member

PS: No, we don't run SBX. If you want to play that, try the JKDF2.net server, that's what they play there.

We're not really interested in saber purism either, we play all sorts of stuff, not just one gametype (though admittedly, our MotS CTF games are more rare, simply because we need a minimum of four people on at once who downloaded the mod).

You can try JK Enhanced on our server (renamed the Gob to a Goo and run it with patch commander... forget the "Unofficial Patch" utility, you don't really need that to play, it may just goof up your game, stick to the Goo itself).

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=242&section=downloads

I'd like to point out that as of yet, in all the weeks that we've had the server, DSbr has failed to show up. I can only imagine that they are afraid (or too cheap to buy the game, even though it costs less than 10$ on ebay.. and even goes for less than a dollar sometimes).
πŸ˜‰

Go get MotS and come join our server!

There Can Be Only One

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2006 9:19 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Hey!
I just want to point out a few things, since some things you say involve me directly.
First of all, i always liked Mots too, i bought it very soon after it's relase, and i enjoyed it alot back then, both MP and SP. I used to play both JK and Mots alot in those times, but just like you i didn't spend much time in the Zone, i used to play alot if other places. Later, it became harder and harder to find people to play Mots, so since there was still people around playing JK Mots got kindda left aside.
Oh, just for the record, a couple of days ago i found out what happened to my Mots CD, my stupid cousin took it withought telling me to lent it to a "friend" who never returned it.
About buying it at ebay, that's of course the easy way for you guys in the US, but as you should know, not everyone of us in the JK comunity are from the US. For example i'm from Argentina, and over here it's not as easy as it is for you guys to find old games in the market. First of all because our market is obviously much smaller here. So if you want and you have some time to see how things are outside the US, be my guest and try to find it here www.mercadolibre.com.ar . That's our "similar" to ebay, and if you put "Misteries of the Sith" in the search field ("Buscar" in spanish), you'll find out that there's not even one in offer. Plus, if you care to know, whatever it the price for you guys in us dollars, you have to multiply it for 3 to aproach the price we pay in Argentina due to the monetary system. Even then, this kind of things are more expensive in dollars for us that they are for you.
There you have a small picture of the reason why i didn't just go to e buy and get it as easily as you suggest. I bought it when it was relased, but now even when i tryed and even when it's not so darned cheap over here, i couldn't find a way to buy it again these days. So there you go, some people do have a reason to download it.
I don't want you to take me the wrong way here, i don't mean to get into a whole arguing about this. But the US is not the center of the world, not even in our little JK community. Therefore you should know that not everybody is in the same position that you are, and you should consider this before judging others or feeling sad about them.
As i said, i don't mean to get into an argument here and i hope there won't be any hard feelings between us oveer this, but i just had to say something about this whole situation here.

Other than that, letme introduce myself a bit, since we haven't meet before. Everybody in the JK community knows me as Hyde (or those who do know me at least :P), and even when i've been playing JK since 1997, i started coming here recently. Since the gameplay setting i like the most is SBX i useally play alot with ORJ guys, plus i joined JAS around March this year. I play alot in the jkserver and i organize games through MSN most of the times. As i said, i like SBX better than any other game type, nevertheless i do play other mods, reg, capture the flag, etc, and of course i'll be back playing Mots too now πŸ˜›
About starting a clan so long after the game came out, i think it's a great idea, and i already congratulated you on that. And i think it's great news about the server.
About the JK community, obviously it'll never be as big as it was when the game came out, but even so i have no dubt we can have alot of fun. Plus i even had the luck to meet a number of great people in this age and became good friends with some of them, so that's more than enough for me to stick around.
Well, that's about it for now,

Take care,
Cya

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2006 3:19 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Oh man, your story is even worst than mine...
Did your DVD drive survived at leaast?
Oh, and it's such a good detail to save the pieces of your old disc, you should buy a little coffin for it, lol

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2006 4:07 am
(@kurganjknet)
Trusted Member

Ah, that's a good point, I hadn't thought about that. I just assumed other countries had their ebays as well.

Honestly, I could just go start up a mailing list, and buy a bunch of MotS CD's (at $5 a pop that wouldn't be a big deal) and mail them out to people, but I don't even know of those folks would really play with us.

Ha... wouldn't that be awesome?

I just thought of that just now. I've heard of people doing similar things. I guess if people would reimburse me for cost and postage that wouldn't be so bad.

I've never promoted piracy of LucasArts games, but ethically, if you bought the game and your disc is just broken or misplaced, on something like this (such an old title), I don't think it'd be wrong to download a copy for yourself to use, though where to find such a thing is another story. And of course legally, you'd be on shakey bround untless it was your actual "backup" of your legally purchased copy.

There Can Be Only One

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2006 8:48 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Well, the idea you sugest is pretty interesting actually, but it could be complicated from the logistics point of view (in a matter of speaking, you know what i mean), plus the big trouble i think is get people to play these old games, more that the way to get them.
About the legal stuff, the topic would be enough for a real big discution. I'm a law student and i can tell you there's a big discrepancy around this subject all around the world. It's a topic big enough to write pages and pages (actually there are lot's of books in matter of diferent points of view regarding copiright), specially in matter of programs that allow share files (P2P, torrent, whatever). Anyway, i think it'd be more than TOO MUCH too discuss here in the forums (if anybody is interested, we could open a topic about it, although i dubt it πŸ˜› ). To sum up, i'm 100% positive i won't have any legal problems for downloading the game.
From the ethical point of view, i don't think there's nothing wrong in downloading the game, specially considering i did bought a "legal" copy that got destroyed fortuitously.
In general i like to buy these kind of things (games, music CDs, stc.) original, more than because of legal reasons, because i like better to have things like the box, and stuff like that.
Anyway, as i said before, i didn't mean to get into a big argument over this, so i'll leave the subject here.

Cya,
And take care

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2006 10:39 am
(@kurganjknet)
Trusted Member

I'm just saying I have no desire to get people into trouble over something like this. I bought the game, I own it, I can play it, guilt free (well, unless I've got homework to do instead!).

I hope other people can play it too, but I wouldn't suggest they do so illegally.

There Can Be Only One

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2006 11:18 am
(@kurganjknet)
Trusted Member

Well, last chance to get in on the action this weekend, tonight!

However, I have a four day weekend (go back to class Wed) so it's possible we could play more after that, but it all remains to be seen.

Tue night I will probably need to do some stuff though so if anything, Monday could be an "extra day" for fun if anyone wants to, but considering it's purely a university holiday, not an official holiday, other people might not be available.

In any case, see you next weekend, if I don't see you tonight!

There Can Be Only One

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2006 10:05 am
(@wolfxer0)
Eminent Member

HI EVERYONE IM A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I concur.

So a guy walked up to me and said, "I'm a teepee, I'm a whigwam! I'm a teepee, I'm a whigwam!" And I said, "Relax man, you're too tense."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2006 1:27 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

I Here’s your ThrowbackΒ