Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Just a small note about locking

(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Just thought I would point this out - I've seen alot of locked threads...regardless of pointlessness, with the exception of spam, I would appreciate it if you guys refrained from locking threads unless absolutely nessecary. If it was any other community, you guys would be perfectly justified in locking whatever you see fit. However, this isn't any community, and JK players are awfully picky about their freedom of speech. So please use a bit more discretion when locking threads. Also, if members disrupts a thread, don't punish the original poster by locking that thread. No matter what course a thread has taken, locking should be a last resort. Again this is all simply because a lot of people scream "censorship" when any perceived misjustice occurs. Sorry, not trying to be a debbie downer. I just like to avoid any unnecessary moaning about this stuff.

Peace out folks,
- ReT

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

Topic starter Posted : 21/11/2007 1:08 pm
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

I agree... plus, i don't think we gain anything from locking threads, i just don't see the point to it

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2007 6:03 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said, Jos.
I also stay out of flame topics (or all that kind of comments here and at the chat room), and i can say i almost never got bothered by the people who usually are into it... and, i even i can see the humor of it sometimes too. Having that in mind, i don't think it's such a big issue.

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2007 5:18 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

We didn't encourage it. We actually managed to keep it in one place, instead of it being all over the forums, like it was before the invention of the FF.

That's just as bad as actually doing it. You're trying to play both cards; one with us and one so the members won't dislike you. Not all forums need flame topics, and this forum is certainly no exception. If you have an issue with a player settle it in the game, not the forums.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2007 9:01 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

If you can't see the humour in that, then you're taking things way too seriously.

Of course I see humor in it. I never once said I don't have a chuckle reading the flame post, but it doesn't mean their correct. You're also correct, it's my opinions, and I have always said that we don't need to do it. However, I feel that if we let it go totally it will be far worse then have a little rules and regulations.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2007 2:20 pm
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

Vallo is correct. They can settle their disputes in the game, not on the forums where it should be a warm, welcoming place. Looking at the preview for V4 (if you haven't, check it out!) the first thread in hot topics is: "I'm going to rape everyone!"

Think about what someone who has played JK for the first time, in a long time, will think when they see that. I sure as hell wouldn't want to join, dedicated server or not.

My point is we aren't the Zone, though it was nice in its time, nor are we anything like IRC-at least we shouldn't be, though some post seem like it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2007 3:54 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

While I would actually agree with you guys, it's just that I have difficulty seeing it working.

Oh, no, it wouldn't be easy. However, if we approach it slowly and with cooperation from the inside it will be much better. The feeling of a clan forum is essentially what I'd like to see, and this isn't up to me. I'm sure ReT and everyone would agree when I say we'd want the new clans, be them players of JK/Mots, feel comfortable and have fun. It's not serious, and it's where you come to have a little fun, you know?

I would want to make sure that he wouldn't mind the direction you're taking it in

I totally see your point, which is why where I can delete threads I am. I didn't like locking them, but I either couldn't delete them or it served for a redirection for that member.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2007 1:33 pm
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

I'm all for "freedom of speech" and not censoring people for swearing and whatnot, but on the other end of the spectrum, you have elitism, which is generally a bad thing, too, and that I personally will not tolerate unless you are explicitly requesting it of me.

There are always two (or more) sides of anything. I think people, not only on these community forums but elsewhere, seem to think that there is a certain "freedom of speech." In reality, whoever owns or administers the boards make the rules, and if they have no freedom of speech that's fine. I'm not saying to go around a censor every single post, but post like Nesseight describe should be. Also, why is there a filter is people are allowed to curse uncontrollably? I understand "hell," or "damn," or any SW curse. Personally, I don't mind swearing, but it, just as in real life, looks very.. uncivil, stupid, and it shows your lack of maturity and intelligence when you mindlessly curse. But, I digress.

Vallo seemed to sum it up: We're asking what JKDF2.net is, and also what are its forums? I think JKDF2.net, ideally and what ReT wanted (wants) is a place for Jedi Knight game information, file information, a place for news about the community, play, and have fun. I wouldn't know, but it seems that that has occurred, and with V4 we can make it happen again. If we finalize rules, hack out redundant threads and post, and get rid of the bots, we can make this a hub for online, and non-online, JK play.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2008 7:18 am
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback