Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Kinda slow here for the last few days....

Page 3 / 4
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

i think maybe they are scientologists

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2006 11:26 pm
(@masterross08)
Trusted Member

Ok me and my Family are Catholics so that says something right there! My parents wouldnt make me attend public school for a variety of reasons. And Im pretty sure they were good reasons but I dont know what they are to be exact but im sure my parents made a good desicion as to why im being homeschooled.So now you can see that why I am being homeschooled!
Private highschools are exspensive and that would be if anywhere where my parents would want to give me a education. And no I dont think I will be attending College either. I could if I wanted to. My parents are not holding these things back from me at all. From what exsperiances my parents went through college could be a waste of time. Even though you get a degree in something getting a job is a whole other story. you get my drift eh.
And I beg to differ that my parents are harming me by not making me attend high school etc. I am still getting a good education from what im learning being homeschooled. Ok even though I did get bad grades but thats my fault and thats another story.
I did go to public school for 2 years then i was going to private school for 2 years as well. well not exact 2 years maybe 1 and a half years to be closer to exact time.
I would suggest reading back Mitch on the thread you can find some answers I gave back there.

The Force is strong with this one!
http://members.lycos.co.uk/jkle/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2006 2:04 am
(@masterross08)
Trusted Member

Im getting tired of this discussion so instead of filling this thread up with more and more on this subject which the subject of this thread is already off key as it is why dont we just chat about this already. Im pretty sure we can get are oppinions and ideas through if we chat about this. I have msn messanger and Aol instant messanger that I can chat through with how about you 2?

The Force is strong with this one!
http://members.lycos.co.uk/jkle/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2006 3:35 am
(@mitch)
Eminent Member

Let me lay it out for you, since you seem to be in denial of the fact your parents might not always be right, and that college is in fact the biggest thing you should try and take care of.

Some employers may use college degrees as a criterion to sort out potential employees. They recognize that higher levels of education may indicate higher ability. Accordingly, they look for workers with college degrees and pay them more because of their ability as implied by their higher education.

Do you really know what you want to do with the rest of your life at the age of 18 or even 20?

I know I don't.

Let's say for instance, you are 18 now, and you have all the time in the world to get your GED(which again, is a waste of time). What the hell do you intend to do with these years? Are you going to at least get a job?

I do believe you are conceited in regards to the points addressed above. Read around, look at the facts, in my opinion the most important thing to do in life is learn as much as you can, gain as much experience as you can, while you are still young. This will open up the path to good paying employment ensuring retirement before 60 at least...

Sure you can say money dosen't matter - but even from a christian perspective it does in fact matter. Let's say I'm a dedicated christian and i want to go into the missions field, say some hellhole in africa. How am I going to support this? Wycliffe for example ( http://www.wycliffe.org/ ) sponsors missions into africa and other parts of the world for bible translation among other things. It is very difficult to get even enough money from them to fully support a missions trip - much less to dedicate years of your life. Let's say you are a dedicated christian who shares the good news abroad for 40 years of your life, and you decide to retire at, oh, 60 years of age. You still have a good 20 years of life at least. And you are going to find it very difficult to support yourself in these remaining years - even if up to that point ALL your living costs had been supported by a missionary support group or whatever.

Attend college, get your degree, get a job, and from there make your life decisions. Sooner or later you will have to support yourself. No matter what course you decide to take with the path of your life - being financially secure will aid greatly in what you choose to do.

Mitch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2006 1:23 pm
(@mitch)
Eminent Member

Im getting tired of this discussion so instead of filling this thread up with more and more on this subject which the subject of this thread is already off key as it is why dont we just chat about this already. Im pretty sure we can get are oppinions and ideas through if we chat about this. I have msn messanger and Aol instant messanger that I can chat through with how about you 2?

It's easier to discuss things on a forum system as one can lay out his/her points clearly and subsequent replies can address individual points in a more orderly manner. πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2006 1:24 pm
(@mitch)
Eminent Member

Ok me and my Family are Catholics so that says something right there! My parents wouldnt make me attend public school for a variety of reasons. And Im pretty sure they were good reasons but I dont know what they are to be exact but im sure my parents made a good desicion as to why im being homeschooled.So now you can see that why I am being homeschooled!

No I still don't see why. You should be a man and ask your parents what those reasons were/are. And what does Catholicism show us? That dosen't tell us anything. Again with an reply that provides no answers.

Private highschools are exspensive and that would be if anywhere where my parents would want to give me a education. And no I dont think I will be attending College either. I could if I wanted to. My parents are not holding these things back from me at all.

Nobody said anything about a private school. I still don't understand why you didn't attend public school.

From what exsperiances my parents went through college could be a waste of time. Even though you get a degree in something getting a job is a whole other story. you get my drift eh.

No I don't "get your drift"... Again the reliance upon your parents. THEIR experience. Do you not understand that the college experience and education differs from school to school? You are basing your entire future upon your parent's experience? How is getting a job a whole other story? You work hard, get a degree in something you enjoy and possibly already have some experience or interest in, and you look for job opportunities. If nessecary, you find short term employment somewhere that will pay enough to live off of.

I think you need to wake up to reality - and your parents can't argue with these points.

1) College will indisputably help your future.
2) There is obviously something wrong if you won't even get your high school cert till the age of 20, 21, 22
3) No matter how much your parents may love you and likewise - your parents can make bad decisions, it is possible. Denial of this is an indication of ignorance. Don't be ignorant.
4) You can't possibly make decisions detrimental to your future are 18 years old - that early in life nobody can get a clear grasp of what direction life will head them down.

So please, reply to these 3 points and the other logic i presented so I can get a better idea of where you're coming from. Because I am still very alarmed at your apparent denial of reality.

Mitch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2006 1:28 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

What does being a catholic have anything to do with attending public/private school? I am a catholic (not a good one) and I attended private school. Let me tell you, I would have rather gone to public school. It's a waste of money. The only difference is that they teach a religion course and there are no girls which is hell. If you are a good catholic, it shouldn't matter what school you attend because of the certain beliefs and morals you choose to live by will out weigh the negatives that comes with public school.

Having a BA or BS in college will help you a lot. Do you know how many people are in the same position you are? All these people with just high school diplomas will be looking for work. What seperates you from them? Just because you were home schooled? How many high quality jobs do you think are offered to someone without a degree? The best you'll hope for is being a manager in McDonalds after 10 years of working there which is shit. You get paid shit. Don't let your parents control your life. You're close to 18, close to becoming a man. Now it's time for you to run your own life, not your parents.

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2006 4:35 pm
(@dsbr-cobrakai)
Reputable Member

BURN CHURCHES DOWN LIKE THEY DID IN NORWAY~~~~~~~~
ALL HEIL SATAN!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2006 9:00 am
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

wow you guys feel real passionite about this shit. ill read these essays tommorow....................................................

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2006 8:55 pm
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

ugh if you dont want people making fun of your parents DONT TALK ABOUT THEM. this is a jk forum. i dont want to read about your plights HERE at least. maybe we should open up a therapy forum, then we can get into some real heavy duty validation. i am a residential counselor after all.

no offense but you sound like a total pussy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2006 9:04 pm
(@wd_shinji)
Estimable Member

you could go to public school and still end up a complete sociopath. a guy like this might have been worse off in regards to his social life. scarred for life even.

the only thing i want to know is what credentials your parents have to teach you. one possible advantage is you have a retired mom with a phd that's very strict, you could learn a lot of facts and fundamental math and english skills or you could have some hick. the disadvantage is you only learn from one perspective. unless youre a self motivated reader with an interest in nonfiction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2006 9:19 pm
(@jcs_plaid)

hi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2006 10:54 pm
(@dsbr-cobrakai)
Reputable Member

SHUT UP!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2006 8:27 am
(@dsbr_phelan)