DSbr... We are just better then you

Page 1 / 4
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

discuss!

Topic starter Posted : 25/05/2006 8:08 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

hehe at FF and NF guns maybe.. but i still dont think there ever was a Dsbr that could beat me nf sabs 😛 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/05/2006 10:10 am
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

Here's a better discussion topic, what clan was better, DSbr or dP?

DSbr was around during the peak of JK with a lot of good all-around players.

dP was the last good all-around clan, fewer members but I would argue with more skill.

Discuss/Flame.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2006 9:26 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

acknowledging that discussion is just insulting to dsbr... *laughs*

no further comments necessary, back to the original discussion...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2006 9:24 pm
 Punk
(@punk)
Trusted Member

See Phelan, your problem is that you think JK stopped when you quit playing. You need to realize that people kept playing and getting better at the game.

I suppose you're just going to have to take my word for it. See I've played people from your time, and people from mine. You don't play anymore, so I guess you're just misinformed.

Am I saying dP is better? Nah, since dP never played during the competitive days that wouldn't be a fair thing to say. I do think it could be easily argued though. DSbr had some core great players, aeron, narz, asskicker, jza, but then they had some 'other' people, and I never figured out how they got in. I won't mention any names...but I think people know who I'm talking about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2006 12:40 pm
(@prince_yackerz)
Reputable Member

indeed.. haha its funny how i knew some dP players, back before they went into dP.. and i didnt even really know they were a clan. when did they come into existence?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2006 8:03 am
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

Anyone know what the roster of dP has been over the years?

SpAnKeR
NegS
Xecutioner
Desperados
Nazgul
Rain

eh who else

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2006 8:16 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

is that a shot at me punk? but regardless we may have had a few other members that wernt as skilled as a jeb, jza, narz, ds, aeron kicker etc. in ff, but then again we never had those guys rep us in cwt. and the reason me and sabs were in it is cuz he wanted us to branch dsbr in to nf sabs for him. nice that you think that way about me or other members, but coming from a WLP... i think ill still be able to sleep at night.

also no i dont think jk stopped, but it started to die. you see,and this is true of anything, from sports to technological development to video games, skill(or any kind of advancement/improvement) is the result of competition, the more competition the more skill, the more chance of innovation and so on... i guess i have to reiterate this point, ive made it only a thousand times on this board, but i guess one more time! i came back several times after i gave up hardcore gaming once in a while over the following months, i played the top dogs of those times... well im sure you can guess i wouldnt be giving you this example if i hadnt beaten them, or just barely lost to them. and these being players that played daily as opposed to me playing once every 2-3 months, and using a "old school obselete" fighting style. now if you are going to be stupid like most of the kids in here and say that inactivity doesnt make a difference... then tell me if everyone these days, including yourself, hasnt lost a step from their peak playing days. and then answer your own questions. i will give you the PERFECT example, and it comes from the very clan that im in. AeRoN dominated ffo in my time, he dominated it in your time...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2006 9:52 am
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

I would agree that FF changed dramatically during the time P0rkCh0p and PatWar played the game. They didn't use force seeing or mapping, and they didn't know the strafe jumping from the bacta bridge to the dark surge of Oasis. But during the peak of JK FF, there wasn't really a leap of skill. There aren't new jumps to learn, or new styles. It's all the same, hog the bacta and the surge and you will win. dP had players who during their peak of JK FF were bad at FF. They got better, I'm not saying that they wouldn't compete with some of the great players in the past. Spanker is the only real dP FF'er that really made the jump from being someone who sucked to someone who got really good. That's because he played a lot, which is how we all got better. He would always ask me for games, he didn't care if he lost everytime but he knew by playing he'd get better.

I've played AeRoN at his peak, and most of DSbr's at their peak as well as Spanker. I'd have to say AeRoN is the best FF Gunner I've ever played. He's the only player who has negged me in Oasis at MY prime. He can only neg me when he goes light (bastard). I've played spanker, he's great. Great aim, surge control, bacta control, but he can be beaten by any of the old greats.

Now back to discussion: DSbr had Jeb, Mike, AeRoN, Narz, AssKicker, SithLord, g3n. dP has Spanker, who is the only FF'er in dP who can compete with these guys. Well if you count NiGhTMaReZ, then that's 2. It's clear DSbr has the edge in FF. dP has no nf saberists that are considered elite, so we won't count that. CTF: AeRoN, AssKicker, g3n. Those 3 were really good at CTF. The only player that's good at CTF in dP is Marez. I've played Negs in CTF when he proclaimed himself the best nf gunner (lol), and he got beat by my team. He's nothing special in CTF. DSbr gets the edge in CTF. NF Guns: I'm not gunner so my input shouldn't be taken serious. The gunners DSbr had that I knew were good were AssKicker, g3n, and AeRoN. I don't know if DSbr had anymore, but that's what I remember. dP also has some good nf gunners. They have Spanker, Negs, and VeT. It's a toss up, I'll just give this one to dP even though g3n was the best nf gunner during JK's prime. It is pretty clear DSbr has an advantage against dP. Now the real discussion begins, who was better at FF: WD or DSbr?!?!?!?

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2006 10:46 am
(@dsbr_phelan)
Honorable Member

haha you would bring that argument up... wd vs. dsbr, that is at least acceptable though.

well in styles i was referring more to bgj nf nikon. but dont forget darkstrike and jza!

for the most part i find ffo players make for good nf gunners anyway, but gen, then mat, then aeron, then me was probably how the order went for our nf gunners. aeron and gen could take on any team in dp for nf guns, and well me and mat could beat them infact i never lost with mat as my partner... so what does that tell you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2006 1:51 pm
(@legacy_quest)
Estimable Member

haha you would bring that argument up... wd vs. dsbr, that is at least acceptable though.

well in styles i was referring more to bgj nf nikon. but dont forget darkstrike and jza!

for the most part i find ffo players make for good nf gunners anyway, but gen, then mat, then aeron, then me was probably how the order went for our nf gunners. aeron and gen could take on any team in dp for nf guns, and well me and mat could beat them infact i never lost with mat as my partner... so what does that tell you.

spanker + vet = gg DSbr in nf guns. And I am 100% cereal

Spanker is the best in NF guns ever. And I do remember playing G3n in 99 at nf guns several times and that was when I was not even close to being good.

"So don't fly in the south eastern US because I could very well be the guy controlling your airplane"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2006 1:59 pm
(@godofnarnomad)
Trusted Member

Wodz was unbeatable?

Was that before or after god toggle?

And anybody who has ever played Wodz, knows he's shit. He has to be the worst at moving around of anybody i/we know. (No offense buddy).

You wanna talk about unbeatable, IKIKURASS/Kain was 1 of those ppl who were "unbeatable". Fucker was amazing and still is today. He's bout the ONLY legit nf saberist i know, who has OWNED ladder, and NOT cheated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2006 4:10 pm
(@novacaine)
Estimable Member

I wouldn't say anyone I ever played from dP or DSbr was good at nf sabs...But little old me doesn't count according to DSbr so my opinion means nothing I guess

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2006 7:44 pm
(@nikon)
Estimable Member

spanker + vet = gg DSbr in nf guns. And I am 100% cereal

Spanker is the best in NF guns ever. And I do remember playing G3n in 99 at nf guns several times and that was when I was not even close to being good.

This is an empirically derived list of the best of all time in each setting:

FF Guns - All I know is Aeron was godly but I do remember playing him twice and each time I scored 2 points in FF O with NF and a saber vs his FF guns. You should ask him about this because he was so astonished - but plz never underestimate the NF saberist.
FF Sabers - Jeb? for folly's sake, I'll point out that I beat every FF BGJ player including JZA/JEB/ASSkicker/Patton being a protection newb because I was nifty with my saber.
NF Guns - Spanker or Vet
NF CTF - RgP_Pestilence was the best of all time at nf CTF.
NF Sabs - There were too many players to name a single best. I know Wodz was never beaten.

I remember we played. I ended up winning 3 to -1 which lasted 30 minutes. I remember you got the screenshot where you were beating me 2-0 but not the final score. I'm not trying to gloat or anything, you were smarter and the hardest lighty I've ever played in BGJ.

WD_Reiko, WD_NiKoN, JaG_Reiko, JaG_NiKoN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2006 10:19 pm
(@eah_xxheretikxx)
Noble Member

dP_Ra1N was mad good at BGJ NF I thought but I dunno how he ranks against older players

ruthless deeds return to harass their architect

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2006 9:35 am
Page 1 / 4
Share:

I Here’s your Throwback