Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The New JKDF2.net (OFFICAL SUGGESTION THREAD)

Page 1 / 2
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

I think that those are the only active JK & MOTS clans, and really don't know other ones. (Besides JKLE)

I do, however, know some Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy clans that are still active, and once we get all the JK& MOTS clans we can to join, then we can reach out to them also. I know the New Jedi Order, a Jedi Knight: JA clan, is still active and perhaps I can contact them in the future.

I'll talk to you on AIM about it more. Also, JDKF2.net is going to be the spot for the JK Series, it will have to be updated with Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy content. I love the new design, by the way, and I can't wait to see it!

Also, we should probably look into affiliating with the JK3 Files.

Topic starter Posted : 23/09/2007 1:48 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

I agree. I can try and look up and contact other clans that haven't died yet for JK/MOTS. The profile page already established can be split into Clans, and a whole new stats page can be created.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/09/2007 9:03 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Hmmm, i don't know of any other clans still alive (even on life support)

JAS_Hyde
JAS - JK Online Gaming Clan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2007 9:25 am
 NATO
(@nato)

yeah good site good job
u guys want a medal ? =))

chekc my last clan at http://v-factor.net
its quiet original
anyway

thx for this platform

-good enough butter for u

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2007 11:22 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

Hmmm, i don't know of any other clans still alive (even on life support)

I've been searching as Community Relations person for the site, but I've found no active JK/MOTS Clans. We will make announcement on Massassi.net, but once a few days go by with nothing we will just start discussing the details more with the current clans (ORJ, JAS and JKLE.)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/09/2007 11:35 am
(@mitch)
Eminent Member

Here's my two cents

- Make the site meet HTML standards
    - Build some kind of advanced administration panel for certain users(admins and mods)
    - Expand to cover Dark Forces all the way through Jedi Academy
    - Have daily special events
    - Add all the files from JKHub & Massassi or do a real integration of file systems
    [/list:u:1c0mpr9u]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2007 2:57 am
(@jkle_drew)
Trusted Member

I couldn't gain access to that link; actually, it can up as Japanese for some reason. Anyway, regarding 3.), we (myself, vallo, Andrew and others) have discussed this and we came to agree upon that eventually JKDF2.net will grow to encompass all series games, but for the new launch it will be JK &Mots. I, myself, am a strong advocate for expanding to cover the series.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2007 1:42 pm
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

Willing to help. 8)

Where the hell is the EAH subforum? Bastards.

----------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2007 1:41 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

If you're not Strict you're nothing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2007 2:10 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

if it was up to me it would be xhtml all the way... Drop the margin of error to almost nil - as you probably know the type forces obsolete tags to be omitted from the page, forces lowercase syntax, quotations, and the proper nesting of inline elements under block level... The possibilities are endless, not that it would be any different to regular traffic, but might be less of a headache to the authors of the site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2007 3:03 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

XHTML and CSS is an amazing combination... and compatibility between the two... they are like siblings, they work hand in hand. So i'm not sure what you mean.

HTML 4 will just bring old deprecated attributes that well, just isn't prepared to move forward with the future of web standards.

If using old attribs is the issue with the authors of this site, then maybe a shot at XHTML Transitional should be considered.

Again, i'm sure the visitors don't care about whether or not the page validates so it's just a matter of preference really.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2007 3:56 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

Well you are the one concerned about the compatibility between xhtml and css... hence why I suggested transitional which still includes some deprecated attributes used in HTML 4.

But fyi, standards are being applied all over the web, "Web 2.0" - companies look for it, companies want it... you also have a point though, a lot of sites out there don't adhere to shit - but they also haven't changed their site in quite awhile.

If you do indeed plan on starting from scratch then go the Strict xhtml route. My suggestion - and obviously, we will have to agree to disagree on its reasoning even though it doesn't matter.

P.S - Opera is shit and I wouldn't bother with it's 2% market ownership. Especially for a site with such a small audience where the browser barely (and I mean barely.) comes into play.

Run google-analytics in the background and see if compatibility with a range of browsers is really necessary for a JK site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2007 9:11 am
(@eah_wacko)
Estimable Member

The Zone had us all trained to use IE almost exclusively.

The three biggest browsers that I can think of on Windows are IE, FF, and Opera. I think Opera has come a long way since the days when it was a premium browser that was avoided like the plague.

I never meant to imply that XHTML and CSS are in any way incompataible. I merely meant to say that in HTML 4.01 transitional, there are a lot of tags and attributes that can be used that would be considered defunct in XHTML 1.1, and it could be a pain for someone to figure out what the equivelant CSS is if they haven't converted a site like that before.

That's nothing a little Google couldn't fix. 8)

I would prefer it actually - killing off the old attribs inline with the html page and replacing them with a standard one file link to all xhtml pages is a lot more convenient.

Font-Face on every html page can be annoying im sure, as opposed to font-family:verdana; on one css file for 40+ pages of JK hehe...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2007 1:53 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

*Pops in to make a suggestion*

How about an IRC applet in the site, so new people could have more easy access to the #jk chat room?

*Pops out*

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2007 8:16 am
 Hyde
(@hyde)
Reputable Member

Yes, Gamesurge recommends PJIRC, but i guess you could use anyone you like

JAS_Hyde

ReplyQuote